I get asked  a lot about a product called Plant Wash, that is supposed to protect plants from softwashing chemicals.

It is my opinion that this product is not effective in stopping plant loss from chemical exposure.

Let's all take a good look at why I feel this way, and then decide for yourself if the Plant Wash from Softwash Systems does as claimed ?

Here we are, way back in 1999, asking this questionhttp://www.madsci.org/posts/archives...0591.Bt.q.html
And, here is the answer http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives...0591.Bt.r.html

The answer then was NO, and the answer now is still NO! 

If you think you can simply spray some fertilizer on plants to "provide an additional level of protection" from the SH, you need your head examined.
The best way to protect plants from run off, is to stop the run off from hitting them in the first place (tarps)
Duh

The second best way to protect plants is with plenty of water, before, during, and after the roof cleaning.

Dilution is the solution, to pollution.

To the uneducated and inexperienced, spraying the plants with an acidic fertlizer "sounds good", because SH is very Alkaline, and it "stands to reason" the acidic fertlizer "will neutralize" the roof cleaning chemical, maybe render it more harmless ?

But, this is not how it works, in the real world!

Maybe in a labratory situation, where you know the EXACT strength of the run off, you could apply just the right amount of acid to get to a neutral PH (but then you still have the sodium salt to worry about).
But, in the real world, it is next to impossible to apply just the right amount of the acidic fertlizer, because of about a zillion variables we have little or no control over.

Now, if you apply too much acid fertlizer, it can and will supercharge the SH, and turn it into an oxidizer(plant killer)100 times more powerful then what you started with !!!!!

In fact, back in the old days (working outside with eye protection and respirators), we would acidify the river rock around swimming pools by first spraying it with muriatic acid, and then hit it with a 50/50 SH/Water mix.

This 2 step cleaning method is very very dangerous, (do NOT try this, you can be killed) but trust me, you have never seen even the worst looking river rock whiten up, as it does when the SH is intentionally acidified.

We also add acid to our swimming pools to INCREASE the activity of the chlorine, so tell me, WHY would you ever want to add an Acid of any kind, where SH is dripping, or has dripped ?

As for your answer to the question "Does the Plant Wash from Softwash Systems work", let's let a Softwash Systems Authorized Contractor answer that for us! 
http://www.squeegeesquad.com/uploads...FUkV7AodMVYA6g

If you take the time to READ the PDF Files first paragraph, you can see that they kill plants too (by their own admissions), despite being connected with Softwash Systems, LOL
In fact, they even have a "service truck" they claim, just for replacing plants !

So everyone, now you have your answer to "Does The Plant Wash From Softwash Systems Work"
LOL, "Straight From The Horses Mouth"!

Yea, I'm going to do a field test in the spring on a few small Jap Maples, one with plant wash, one with water and one with miracle grow. I'll video and post the results. I may even do it next week when I'm in Florida for Thanksgiving, its too cold up here now and HomeDepot has already stopped selling the Japs. Which tree or bush is the biggest problem down there? 

lol we joined in on this topic on PWI forum and simply asked for facts and we were quickly chewed out for that. apparently they didnt have true facts or wanted to only believe that the miracle juice would save plants. I finally sat back and laughed. Why not tarp off sensitive plants and grass and flood the chit

out of everything. It takes a little more time but your already there and its cheaper then buying miracle potion to try and save plants.

I think whats happening it the guys and watering the plants correctly or half ass corectly during the roof wash process. Then when done and they have already soaked the plants they hit it with the juice and come back weeks later and the plants are greener .

Well yeah if you take a perfectly good plant ( which is only good because you watered like you were suppose to during process) and spray

fertilizer on them they will be greener.

At that point your just helping the lawn guy. I show up to clean roofs and exteriors not put money in the lawn guys pocket . lol

Sorry to vent out on this lol but Im with you Chris im not buying into the crap.

And, from that link, we have this:

SPECIAL NOTES: 

THIS PRODUCT IS A PLANT FOOD AND IS DESIGNED TO BE MIXED ONLY WITH CLEAR WATER 

So, the people who made this stuff for Softwash Systems are very clear on what it is, and what it is for.

lol we joined in on this topic on PWI forum and simply asked for facts and we were quickly chewed out for that. apparently they didnt have true facts or wanted to only believe that the miracle juice would save plants. I finally sat back and laughed. Why not tarp off sensitive plants and grass and flood the chit

out of everything. It takes a little more time but your already there and its cheaper then buying miracle potion to try and save plants.

I think whats happening it the guys and watering the plants correctly or half ass corectly during the roof wash process. Then when done and they have already soaked the plants they hit it with the juice and come back weeks later and the plants are greener .

Well yeah if you take a perfectly good plant ( which is only good because you watered like you were suppose to during process) and spray

At that point your just helping the lawn guy. I show up to clean roofs and exteriors not put money in the lawn guys pocket . lol

Sorry to vent out on this lol but Im with you Chris im not buying into the crap.

Me either!

Yes, the Plant Wash from Softwash System works, for what it was intended to be for, and that is a Fertilizer, as can be clearly seen by clicking on this PDF File http://softwashsystems.com/MSDS-PlantWash.pdf

Softwash Systems seems quite adept at taking common, easy to buy anywhere chemicals and fertilizers, and making absurd claims for them.

If you read the very last 2 sentences in the MSDS Sheet, you will see that the people who make and package this for Softwash Systems are quick to add " MSDS UPDATE DATA 

7/27/2011 

SPECIAL NOTES: 

You will also notice that the manufacturers of this Commmon Fertilizer for Softwash Systems, actually took it upon themselves to issue this special UPDATE to their MSDS on 7/27/2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, this is highly unusual to update the MSDS Sheet for an item as common as simple yard fertilizer.

Perhaps when they found out their product was being used to "protect plants from Roof Cleaning Chemical Exposure" they wanted to cover their asses from any possible lawsuits over the misuse of their products ?

OK, let's say I am a roof cleaner who buys this mislabeled fertilizer, and then depends on it to protect 200,000.00 in Landscaping, and it doesn't work ?

The customer then sues me, so I file suit against Softwash Systems, and maybe I also try to sue whoever made this stuff for them ?

LOL, the makers of this stuff for Softwash Systems have just "covered their asses" with this 

MSDS UPDATE DATA 

7/27/2011 

SPECIAL NOTES: 

I think we're all in agreement here, at least until unbiased testing proves otherwise. With all the cannon balls being fired back and forth between forums, forum owners / participants with their own agendas and they're loyal followers, you have to give AC credit where credit is due. The man has built an enormously successful business model. I was talking to a large Distributer the other day who told me that AC could not only sell oil to a Saudi but convert him to Christianity as well. ( And this guy didn't even like AC..) I think we can all learn a little something from him and others like him, Ron, Doug, Art O., Rod & Beth and of course, Chris with RCIA who was one of the Pioneers of our industry, just to name a few, It's difficult to argue with their success.

I edited this a few minutes ago to correct an oversight, Art has been heavily involved with not just roof cleaning but pressure washing  for many years, I've read and learned much from his many posts here as well as other forums. Chris Tucker and RCIA's track record of teaching and helping new and experienced Roof Cleaners speaks for itself. 

We should all count our blessings that we have many knowledgable and well run forums and associations to help educate us in our goals of being successful business owners. Thanks to All!

I don't fault the guy for finding a niche and making money.  However; I'm a hardline skeptic.  If you tell me something is true, or works or exists, you had better have proof to back it up.  Not "I think" or "My buddy says" or "I'm not real sure."  I want hard evidence before I spend my money on something that logically just doesn't make any sense.  We are inundated with products constantly that make all kinds of claims and cures, and a good number of them (in ANY market) are 100% bogus.

I really didn't mean to start a "war" over this product, but here's what was funny to me;  If you can provide proof that something works, you won't get bent out of shape when people question it.

I think we're all in agreement here, at least until unbiased testing proves otherwise. With all the cannon balls being fired back and forth between forums, forum owners / participants with their own agendas and they're loyal followers, you have to give AC credit where credit is due. The man has built an enormously successful business model. I was talking to a large Distributer the other day who told me that AC could not only sell oil to a Saudi but convert him to Christianity as well. ( And this guy didn't even like AC..) I think we can all learn a little something from him and others like him, Ron, Doug, Rod & Beth just to name a few, It's difficult to argue with their success.

I don't fault the guy for finding a niche and making money.  However; I'm a hardline skeptic.  If you tell me something is true, or works or exists, you had better have proof to back it up.  Not "I think" or "My buddy says" or "I'm not real sure."  I want hard evidence before I spend my money on something that logically just doesn't make any sense.  We are inundated with products constantly that make all kinds of claims and cures, and a good number of them (in ANY market) are 100% bogus.

I really didn't mean to start a "war" over this product, but here's what was funny to me;  If you can provide proof that something works, you won't get bent out of shape when people question it.

Well guys, I just got threatened by AC Lockyer, in a private message over on PWI! 

I responded to him there, but we all know he is being protected on PWI, and I have my doubts that  the thread that is going there will not be edited to protect him.

So, here below is my response to him, and a copy of his threats to me.

Ac, you are a real piece of work, to send me a private message like this one you just sent. I just want everyone to see what kind of Monster you really are. Yes, I was on Probation, for a simple argument with my ex girlfriend, who I loved very much. I pled guilty to violation of a restraining order, because it was easier then staying in jail for a year to fight it. 

In Florida, they grossly overcharge you, basically to force you to plead guilty to a lesser charge. I was Charged with Stalking, and Never Convicted of it, ever!

I did my Probation w/o incident, except for my ex probation office asking me what kind of weirdo you were to call and try and shut me up about you!

They laughed at you AC, they way people reading this are laughing at you right now.

AC, I have News for you, many many people in the cleaning businesses have made a mistake or 2, or 3 or 4 in their lives, and had a run in with the Law before.

In fact, it would be safe to say that many well known people in the cleaning businesses are not in the cleaning business, cause they sang too loud in Church! 

And besides AC, even if I WAS one of America's Most Wanted, with active violent Felony arrest warrants in several states, WTF does it have to do with my ability to teach and know about roof cleaning ?

May I remind you that I am STILL in the roof cleaning business here in Tampa, and have been nearly 20 years.

Oh, and as far as "falling SEO goes", not a chance. All one has to do is a search for "roof cleaning forum", or simply for "roof cleaning" for that matter to see that both of the RCIA Forums are doing very very well, and on page one for their search terms.

Let people read the "warning" you just sent me, and see the REAL AC LOCKYER, a Man so desperate to get his own way, and quiet anyone who dares question him, or the overpriced, questionable, and mislabeled shit he sells, that he will go to any lengths, including calling his opponents Probation Officer, in an attempt to shut them up! 

2 Minutes Ago

AC Lockyer 

user-online.png

MemberAssociate Professorreputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png

Join Date Sep 2010 Location Winter Springs, FL Posts 947

warning

Chris you have been quiet lately. Go back to being quiet or I will have to contact your PO again. I know who you are and what you are! Funny is that anyone who matters does as well. Go back to the RCIA and leave me alone! I dont need you starting a pissing match with me to help your failing websites SEO.

AC

Curiosity got the better of me so I had to go over to PWI to check out the thread. It must be the Holiday Season cause, Dude they lit you up like a Xmas tree!  

I'm the first person to want to buy something new if it will make my life easier and more stress free, must be too much discretionary income.. On the other hand, if something doesn't work, I want nothing to do with it.. I found it amusing how defensive the one guy got, not mentioning any names..

Yeah they got their panties in a wad didnt they? But you know if the competition wants to spend money on the miracle juice then at that point they are either pricing jobs higher to accomidate that stuff into the cost of the job. Or they arent bringing home as much profit. Doesnt seem like much but every little bit counts.

We will continue to show up clean roofs the way we have been taught from people that have years of hard evidence experience. 

Not trying to toot Chris's horn to much . lol  but the man washes roofs everyday in Tampa with million dollar homes all over the place

with very expensive landscaping.  He's been in the business how long?  

We work full time for a multi-billion dollar company . That is debt free and turning billion dollar profits every year.

I watch them take the easy cheapest route daily on things and still keep customer satisfaction at the top of the priority list with very few complaints.

My point is you show up you wash the roof you use the hell out of the free water that is there and go home with the same results as the other guy

buying into the fertilizer. Except you bring home more money because your not out spending money on experiments. lol

This forum is great . I really enjoy you guys on here and it feels like family.  Im not losing any sleep over the PWI guys that started their period about the matter.

I am a member there but Im not interested to much in the plant wash so I didnt read the post. I have defended you a time or two when someone made a sideways comment to one of your informative post. I just dont think you are very well liked by some there.

Sorry for your personal troubles, Crap like that can take it's toll.

Yeah they got their panties in a wad didnt they? But you know if the competition wants to spend money on the miracle juice then at that point they are either pricing jobs higher to accomidate that stuff into the cost of the job. Or they arent bringing home as much profit. Doesnt seem like much but every little bit counts.

We will continue to show up clean roofs the way we have been taught from people that have years of hard evidence experience. 

Not trying to toot Chris's horn to much . lol  but the man washes roofs everyday in Tampa with million dollar homes all over the place

We work full time for a multi-billion dollar company . That is debt free and turning billion dollar profits every year.

I watch them take the easy cheapest route daily on things and still keep customer satisfaction at the top of the priority list with very few complaints.

My point is you show up you wash the roof you use the hell out of the free water that is there and go home with the same results as the other guy

buying into the fertilizer. Except you bring home more money because your not out spending money on experiments. lol

This forum is great . I really enjoy you guys on here and it feels like family.  Im not losing any sleep over the PWI guys that started their period about the matter.

I am a member there but Im not interested to much in the plant wash so I didnt read the post. I have defended you a time or two when someone made a sideways comment to one of your informative post. I just dont think you are very well liked by some there.

Sorry for your personal troubles, Crap like that can take it's toll.

I used to teach roof cleaning, at PWI. 

If you were to ask most any of the old regulars there like Nick The Cleaner, Larry Millette, Russ Spence, etc, etc, they would all sing a different tune.

Anyone who REALLY knows me, knows there is no limit to what I will do to help anyone who asks me for it.

If you were to ask any of the people I just mentioned, what Chris Tucker is really "all about", they will all tell you how much I have helped them.

But, PWI has changed quite a bit, over the years, especially since Ron started having Roundtables.

The bottom line is AC is like an "NCE Circus Elephant", and brings people into these roundtables. 

Plus, he also delivers people from his "Evangelical Softwashapalooza Events" up to the UAMCC

NCE, The UAMCC, and AC Lockyer, are all "in bed" together, and PWI is "The Mattress" they all sleep on!

It is like one big Circle Jerk, IMHO.

I have been offered Big Money for my endorsement and support of various products and organizations. Unfortunately for some people, I am not for Sale.

I sell no products, and am not a member of any Industry "Associations".

So, because they can not control me, or match wits with me on roof cleaning knowledge, they have taken to portraying me in the Industry,  as a "Criminal".

But, what they don't realize is this - The Cleaning Industry is FULL of people who have made a mistake or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or more, mistakes in the past.

Of course, I will not name any names, but I could give plenty of examples of people with multiple felony convictions, who have done years in Prison, who have turned their lives around, thanks to the roof cleaning industry!

When AC sent me the private message "Warning" that I posted, threatening to "call my probation officer again", my private messages went absolutely Nuts, with support.

He came across IMHO, as the self serving Monster he really is.

Unable to shut my opinions up, and unable to counter my opinions with Facts, he would actually stoop so low as to call someones Probation Officer!

Too funny, That Dude reminded me of my first wife, never putting out anything good and always on the rag.

I like surfing around all the pressure wash related forums and have learned a great deal in the few months of doing so but if your looking for unbiased ROOF CLEANING info, this is the place to be. The one thing that surprises me is how political these forums are, the amount of bad mouthing and back stabbing makes the politicians in Washington look like choirboys..

After reading some of their Plant Wash responses / attempts to defend over there, I'm with you, sign me up for the "Free Water Club"  

This is how he operates. Low life self serving idiot.  Chris you should file a lawsuit and shut his azz up for good.

N.gif 9th of Mar, 2013 by boy.gifAC Lockyer agree_green.gifdisaggree_red.gif0 Votes       I agree the RCIA is a fraudulent organization. At one time the owner called it an association and now he calls it a school. Either way the public needs to know that the Roof Cleaning Institute of America's (RCIA) owner and president has a 32 page rap sheet with the last ten years being mostly violence against women. Buyer beware they are NOT a real organization.

This is how he operates. Low life self serving idiot.  Chris you should file a lawsuit and shut his azz up for good.

N.gif 9th of Mar, 2013 by boy.gifAC Lockyer agree_green.gifdisaggree_red.gif0 Votes       I agree the RCIA is a fraudulent organization. At one time the owner called it an association and now he calls it a school. Either way the public needs to know that the Roof Cleaning Institute of America's (RCIA) owner and president has a 32 page rap sheet with the last ten years being mostly violence against women. Buyer beware they are NOT a real organization.

LOL, well lookey here, it is none other but AC Lockyer himself, as happy as can be, with his arm around the "Criminal and Woman Beater"

post-1-0-41291900-1384966422_thumb.jpg

Yes, I probably should sue him, for outright lies, and gross distortions of the truth. But, it would cost a fortune, and I am quite sure he is "Judgement Proof".

It is one thing to sue someone, win, and get a Judgement.

But, then the real fun starts, as you try and collect on that Judgement!

Too funny, That Dude reminded me of my first wife, never putting out anything good and always on the rag.

I like surfing around all the pressure wash related forums and have learned a great deal in the few months of doing so but if your looking for unbiased ROOF CLEANING info, this is the place to be. The one thing that surprises me is how political these forums are, the amount of bad mouthing and back stabbing makes the politicians in Washington look like choirboys..

After reading some of their Plant Wash responses / attempts to defend over there, I'm with you, sign me up for the "Free Water Club"  

Many Forums are what I call "middle of the road" Forums.

I was always taught that the middle of the road, is for people who want to get run over.

We have but one purpose here at the RCIA, and that is to be the best roof cleaning forum, only.

The best advice I can give someone wanting to protect plants is to either cover them, or water like hell.

A high GPM Pressure washer is ideal for watering plants.

But, if one does not have a High GPM Pressure Washer, the next best thing is a 3/4 inch water hose.

The larger the diameter of a water hose, the more water it flows, and the better it protects plants, by diluting the roof cleaning chemicals until they are harmless.

I have a bucket of plant wash given to me for going to a round table in Des Moines. Anyone want it? It been sitting in my garage since summer. Going on my fifth season cleaning roofs in some high end homes with a lot of plants/landscaping. So far plastic and water has worked great for me.

Whatever happened to the K.I.S.S. principle in the exterior cleaning service? Why are some always trying to reinvent the process. It isn't rocket science.

Don't playing into the others games, people only become defensive when they have something to be defensive about. You can take the spots off a leopard but it is still a leopard.

I have a bucket of plant wash given to me for going to a round table in Des Moines. Anyone want it? It been sitting in my garage since summer. Going on my fifth season cleaning roofs in some high end homes with a lot of plants/landscaping. So far plastic and water has worked great for me.

Whatever happened to the K.I.S.S. principle in the exterior cleaning service? Why are some always trying to reinvent the process. It isn't rocket science.

Don't playing into the others games, people only become defensive when they have something to be defensive about. You can take the spots off a leopard but it is still a leopard.

It is actually a pretty good Fertilizer for the grass, high in Nitrogen.

But, it won't do chit for protecting plants from roof cleaning chemicals.

Tarps, and/or lots and lots of water, are the best things for that. 

I always wondered who this AC guy was that I've seen banned on a few different forums, now the question is answered. That is pathetic, and a real low blow, much less who gives a shit about personal problems on a PROFESSIONAL FORUM, most of these people who post on this forum do this to make a HONEST living, and are here to learn and teach CORRECT methods and procedures to make their PROFESSION easier and more efficient. It appear most people who have learned CORRECTLY how to clean roofs, all agree on the same procedure and material, WATER.

Honestly, If you went to jail for any reason Chris, you can expect some mail if I knew it. I have not ventured over to any other sites as I am solely relying on proven information to take off my future. And I do not have the time, money or heart to take information other than SUCCESSFUL PROFESSIONALS in roof cleaning. 

As always thanks for giving back.

I always wondered who this AC guy was that I've seen banned on a few different forums, now the question is answered. That is pathetic, and a real low blow, much less who gives a shit about personal problems on a PROFESSIONAL FORUM, most of these people who post on this forum do this to make a HONEST living, and are here to learn and teach CORRECT methods and procedures to make their PROFESSION easier and more efficient. It appear most people who have learned CORRECTLY how to clean roofs, all agree on the same procedure and material, WATER.

Honestly, If you went to jail for any reason Chris, you can expect some mail if I knew it. I have not ventured over to any other sites as I am solely relying on proven information to take off my future. And I do not have the time, money or heart to take information other than SUCCESSFUL PROFESSIONALS in roof cleaning. 

As always thanks for giving back.

You are very welcome!

As always, the answer to protecting plants is either to cover them, while the roof cleaning chemical is dripping on them, or to water the heck out of them, before, during, and after the roof cleaning process, if there are no gutters to stop the run off.

As always Dilution is the solution to pollution.