Okay, so I have a 1/2" All-Flo PT-05 A pump that someone gave me. I talked to Lori at PWP, and apparently I need a 9 HP air compressor to power this thing!

You don't NEED a 9hp compressor. You can use a non-gas, plug in, HF 2hp with an 8gal tank if you had to. It all depends on how much flow you want. If your using 1/2" hose and small misting tips you wont need a lot of air to run the all flow. But if you want the maximum flow from your pump and you are using big tips then you will need a bigger machine to produce enough air to keep up with your spraying flow. Down here in FL, full flow and big tips on a tile roof with no gutters will get you into trouble and waste a ton of chemical. But if you have a shingle roof with gutters then that's a different story... Let it flow and move fast.

You don't NEED a 9hp compressor. You can use a non-gas, plug in, HF 2hp with an 8gal tank if you had to. It all depends on how much flow you want. If your using 1/2" hose and small misting tips you wont need a lot of air to run the all flow. But if you want the maximum flow from your pump and you are using big tips then you will need a bigger machine to produce enough air to keep up with your spraying flow. Down here in FL, full flow and big tips on a tile roof with no gutters will get you into trouble and waste a ton of chemical. But if you have a shingle roof with gutters then that's a different story... Let it flow and move fast.

That's the cool thing about an air diaphragm pump, the bigger the compressor, the more flow, but they will run on smaller air compressors. I like them very much, as part of a softwash system for cleaning roofs, etc, etc.

You need to be able to control flow in any soft wash system, and air pumps are great, because you can throttle them down to a mist if you like for softwashing soffits and fascias, and they will not burn up, like a 12 volt pump will.

You don't NEED a 9hp compressor. You can use a non-gas, plug in, HF 2hp with an 8gal tank if you had to. It all depends on how much flow you want. If your using 1/2" hose and small misting tips you wont need a lot of air to run the all flow. But if you want the maximum flow from your pump and you are using big tips then you will need a bigger machine to produce enough air to keep up with your spraying flow. Down here in FL, full flow and big tips on a tile roof with no gutters will get you into trouble and waste a ton of chemical. But if you have a shingle roof with gutters then that's a different story... Let it flow and move fast.

Here, I am dealing with a lot of high peaks and steep pitches on shingle roofs with gutters. I don't want to be spraying 17 GPM, but I do want to be able to spray far at like 7-8 GPM with a 40' or so stream. Will the 5 HP 9 can at 90 psi compressor do that for me? Tired if climbing steep roofs.

Actually, GPM isn't a huge deal either. If I can shoot 40 feet or so with 5 GPM, I will be happy.

Here, I am dealing with a lot of high peaks and steep pitches on shingle roofs with gutters. I don't want to be spraying 17 GPM, but I do want to be able to spray far at like 7-8 GPM with a 40' or so stream. Will the 5 HP 9 can at 90 psi compressor do that for me? Tired if climbing steep roofs.

The air pump setup Josh will be the best soft wash system you have ever owned, and it will not let you down when you softwash roofs or exteriors like 12 volt softwashing pump can.

Whew, 70' is kicking it on up there. I have to get on roofs because homes here have window dormers I cant get too.

Off subject, I had a guy call me an gave me a long story about how they are sprucing up there home, said their roof looks terrible.

I gave them a price of $490 for visable half. They said they would let it rot down before they paid that. Ha Ha.

Bob at Pressure Tex has his Bandit softwashing system on sale. It might be good for someone starting out or doing small jobs.

Yes, Bob's Bandit Softwash System is a great deal, for someone just starting out, and does not want to build their own system for soft washing roofs and exteriors.

These people have been around for a long time, and also sell complete softwash systems, or parts to build your own http://www.powerwash.com/soft-wash.html

One of our members has decided to just buy an already built cleaning system, so he can be out doing softwashing this summer.

did anyone ever post a step by step build model for members?  Thanks in advance.

Bob, there are many examples here, and here http://roof-cleaning-institute.activeboard.com/, about building various softwash systems. Please be aware that the name softwashing and soft wash, are merely new terminology to describe a non pressure, or low pressure cleaning system. 

So, any non pressure roof cleaning rig is in fact, a softwash system. 

Roof Cleaning is where the money is, so we suggest you first set up a system for cleaning them. Then, with that same equipment, you will have what some call a Softwash System :)

did anyone ever post a step by step build model for members?  Thanks in advance.

Bob, remember, because you are a Premium Member, your membership includes free one on one phone time, with me!

Call me anytime from 11 am till 11pm Florida time, and I will guide you, and answer any and all your questions.

This is what I and several others use. Try it. You will fall in love. Make sure to tell Barry you are a RCIA member

Nozzle with a full lifetime warranty---SH included

LATEST UPDATE FROM BARRYgaryw wrote:

Lost it, or somebody stole it?? Why would you take it off the hose? confuse.gifconfuse.gif It is the only thing I use and it stays attached all the time.

Just got this from Barry. He had me send my nozzle back to him for evaluation ( he sent me a brand new one in exchange) so he could decide whether he could offer a lifetime warranty for chemical use to RCIA members. The answer is POSITIVE. See email below. Great way to start your 2014 season. Treat yourself!!! Mine had almost 2 years use on it.

http://www.masterindustriesllc.com/

2cca76e.jpg Barry Boquet OWNER at Master Industries L.L.C. Gary,

My first review of the master water nozzle you returned to me after using it for more than a year has shown absolutely no signs of negative effect on the stainless steel material. Dimensions are all still the same as when you bought the nozzle back in May of 2011. .

If we were to offer a lifetime warrant to the Roof Cleaning Institute of America, how many members do you think would be interested in the nozzle?

Hope you and your family a Merry Christmas!

Barry Boquet

I tried ordering one last week, and there was an error at checkout. I emailed customer service, but never heard back.

I tried ordering one last week, and there was an error at checkout. I emailed customer service, but never heard back.

We ordered 2 of them Josh, and our guys like them for watering plants. They give great water pressure on a garden hose too that we use for cleaning fascias sometimes, since we dont have a pressure washer on our trucks.

We ordered 2 of them Josh, and our guys like them for watering plants. They give great water pressure on a garden hose too that we use for cleaning fascias sometimes, since we dont have a pressure washer on our trucks.

You don't use them for spraying love on the roof?

On my set up it increased the distance by 12' usuing my 1" aodd pump. Got the same usuing the new 1" hastelloy pump.  70' on both.,  Modify your spraying technique and you will be twice as fast as now.

The words Softwash, Softwashing, or Soft Wash, have not really caught on, here in Tampa Florida.

But, just in case they ever do, I made this Blog   just to cover my bases :)

Here in Tampa, customers are not searching for Softwash, they are searching for roof cleaning or pressure washing.

One day, if my customers do search for a softwash roof cleaning system, I will be well represented in my local searches.

Hey Guys!! Jason here out of Long Island, NY. I am literally brand new to this so bare with me. I would like to build my own for starters...and then establish myself from there. Any pointers on where to start?? I already own my own business which is autp,marine,and aircraft detailing for ten years now and would like to expand into the home maintenance sector in my area. Any and all help is appreciated, and I look forward to this journey with you guys!!

Hey Guys!! Jason here out of Long Island, NY. I am literally brand new to this so bare with me. I would like to build my own for starters...and then establish myself from there. Any pointers on where to start?? I already own my own business which is autp,marine,and aircraft detailing for ten years now and would like to expand into the home maintenance sector in my area. Any and all help is appreciated, and I look forward to this journey with you guys!!

Welcome Jason, and sorry I missed your post! If you want to build a softwash system for cleaning roofs and exteriors, you are at the right place. The term softwash, or soft washing, is just another term for cleaning w/o using any pressure. To assist you, we need to know more about your budget, and what type of softwash vehicle you plan to use.