Master Industries LLC. Talk to Barry and tell him I told you to call. Make sure he knows you are a RCIA member

I have done some pressure washing on the side for the past few years. I am ready to take it full time with a buddy of mine and want to build a system. Is there someone that can provide me with a full list of materials and solutions to get me up an running? 

I plan on doing mostly houses/fences/decks until I get going decent.  Then will move to add roofs in the mix.

thanks in advance. 

Bridger

Hello Guys, Chris@Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa here  :)

If you lived here in Florida, you would know we have been softwashing down here for many many years!

A "softwash system" is what we have been using to chemically clean roofs and exteriors w/o pressure washing, for many years.

In this forum, you will learn how to build your very own softwash systems, and how to roll your own softwashing chemicals.

There is no need to buy expensive,, pre fabricated softwash skids, when you can easily build your very own softwash system.

You do not need  questionable, and very expensive softwash chemicals for your systems.

post-1-0-92838900-1370593180_thumb.png

Before you buy any ready made Softwash System, or "training", post any and all your soft wash cleaning questions here, so we may help you build your own system, and do it yourself.

post-1-0-57434700-1370593560_thumb.jpg

blogentry-1-0-56431900-1366330093_thumb.
blogentry-1-0-22163900-1366330134_thumb.

Great Job!  Thank you, Chris, for opening the conversation.  Too often, I have the chance to help others that have paid many thousands on 'junk that was never manufactured for use with any soft wash chemicals.

Hello Guys, Chris@Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa here  :)

If you lived here in Florida, you would know we have been softwashing down here for many many years!

A "softwash system" is what we have been using to chemically clean roofs and exteriors w/o pressure washing, for many years.

In this forum, you will learn how to build your very own softwash systems, and how to roll your own softwashing chemicals.

There is no need to buy expensive,, pre fabricated softwash skids, when you can easily build your very own softwash system.

You do not need  questionable, and very expensive softwash chemicals for your systems.

post-1-0-92838900-1370593180_thumb.png

Before you buy any ready made Softwash System, or "training", post any and all your soft wash cleaning questions here, so we may help you build your own system, and do it yourself.

post-1-0-57434700-1370593560_thumb.jpg

blogentry-1-0-56431900-1366330093_thumb.
blogentry-1-0-22163900-1366330134_thumb.

Great Job!  Thank you, Chris, for opening the conversation.  Too often, I have the chance to help others that have paid many thousands on 'junk that was never manufactured for use with any soft wash chemicals.

A lot of members use this nozzle for spraying roof mix. It is guaranteed for life and will increase your shooting distance on most rigs if set up correctly. They are pricey (around $50.00), but well worth it. They go from closed to totally  open in 1/2 turn. NO more changing tips aloft, and dropping them.

I wonder how well they would work using a Yamada 1/2" pump with an Eaton 9 h.p. 20 cfm air compressor... with 5/8" chem line... ???

I like the idea using one nozzle if at all possible... Thumbs up if it works... !!!

Old thread, but it looks like I'll be keeping it alive for now, lol.

I'm looking into putting together a small softwash system. I'd like to use my existing compressor, which is a rolair 9hp 175psi 20cfm unit, and just buy an air diaphragm system that I can plug my airline into and go. I saw the Outlaw-Mini and it seemed to be exactly what I'm looking for, but it also did not seem like it was getting a lot of distance. I'm not necessarily looking for a big $4k setup at the moment, as the season for this line of work is closing soon in my region (Illinois), but I do have existing customers that I have done other work for inquire about this service and they are looking to have it done soon so I figured I'll get something small started now and build it bigger for next year if it's not enough. Thoughts?

13 hours ago, Steve@Gm said:

Old thread, but it looks like I'll be keeping it alive for now, lol.

I'm looking into putting together a small softwash system. I'd like to use my existing compressor, which is a rolair 9hp 175psi 20cfm unit, and just buy an air diaphragm system that I can plug my airline into and go. I saw the Outlaw-Mini and it seemed to be exactly what I'm looking for, but it also did not seem like it was getting a lot of distance. I'm not necessarily looking for a big $4k setup at the moment, as the season for this line of work is closing soon in my region (Illinois), but I do have existing customers that I have done other work for inquire about this service and they are looking to have it done soon so I figured I'll get something small started now and build it bigger for next year if it's not enough. Thoughts?

Welcome Steve! 

That Rol Air is a good compressor, and will power a 1/2 to 3/4 inch pump just fine. A pump made out of Kynar has several advantages over one made from Poly, but costs more. Poly can be used, but needs to be rinsed out right away, Kynar never needs to be rinsed. Plus, Kynar is UV Resistant, and Poly is not. 

14 hours ago, Shawn Baker said:

I was recommended here to learn how to roof wash. How does one go about the learning process so I can offer this great service to my customers?

Read, read, and then read some more. If you have any questions about cleaning roofs, post them on the forum, and we will answer.

On 6/7/2013 at 11:28 PM, Roof Cleaning Katy Texas said:

I have no problem with high price roof cleaning rigs, so long as you build it yourself.  I lean towards buying the Cadillac of roof cleaning and power washing products.  That is because well constructed components usually last longer.  Time is money and don't think it does not matter.  When I am cleaning a large roof the last thing I need or want is an equipment failure.  When something goes wrong with your roof cleaning system while you are on a job you want it fixed quickly.  If you build it yourself then you understand the design and how to fix it quickly.  If you buy a system made by somebody else and it quits working, Good Luck!.  You could be there all day just trying to figure out what the problem is let alone trying to fix it.  That will make you look very unprofessional in the eyes of a customer.  If you do professional work you are lucky to get 1 or more referrals.  I you break down and can not fix the problem in a timely manner you will look unprofessional and you will get lots of referrals...That is the kind of referrals that you do not want other potential customers hearing about.  My advice.  Start simple and understand what you have built.  Later on build your own more elaborate roof cleaning system.

Chris Tucker spent countless hours teaching me.  I continue to learn and ask for feedback every single day as we continue to evolve to suit the needs of the softwashers.  

These guys are right.  Keep these systems as simple as you possibly can.  Don’t give the distributors more $$.  It will lead to a complex system with complex issues to diagnose and expensive repairs.

Should you need 12 volt pumps, All-Flo AODD pumps, hose, plumbing components or an entire package shipped to you so that you can do your own custom installation, let me know.  We can help you.  I can help you find SH for a better price in your area.

The RCIA is the organization that you absolutely should join and pay the membership fee.  It is the only org that gives waaay more than the fee provide.  Everyone bends over backwards to help you learn providing you read, read and read some more.

We can cut and crimp suction/supply side hoses for sealed tank systems.  Just let me know how long, hose ID, hose ends and types.

8FFD0C41-1CE6-41F7-9CDF-E5F195D53113.jpeg

498CBEEA-0F42-4E85-9EBC-30E8CDF7A862.jpeg

Hello, I am going to be putting together my first softwash/pressure washing rig to use this Spring. I am in need of guidance to help me strategically place the components (and which ones)on my 6x12 single axle trailer. I realize that space and options will be greatly limited with this trailer, but this is my first build and I just need to get started. I can expand later to something bigger. My question now is do I need to have a premium membership to ask for this kind of help here in the forums? Thanks-Jesse

6 hours ago, JJS1379 said:

Hello, I am going to be putting together my first softwash/pressure washing rig to use this Spring. I am in need of guidance to help me strategically place the components (and which ones)on my 6x12 single axle trailer. I realize that space and options will be greatly limited with this trailer, but this is my first build and I just need to get started. I can expand later to something bigger. My question now is do I need to have a premium membership to ask for this kind of help here in the forums? Thanks-Jesse

No, but with Premium Membership, you will have access to the hidden part of the forum, and personal telephone access to me. So, ask away, and we will do our best to answer any of your questions :) 

Hello,

I currently operate a handyman/home improvement business and am looking to get into the soft and power washing business.  In the hopes of putting most of my attention in to this industry in the next year or so. I have spent the last couple weeks or so researching equipment set up at which at this point my head is starting to spin.

I am sure this question has been asked multiple times over but I just can't seem to find the answers I am looking for.

I could invest up to $5k which I am hoping would be enough. I would though like to keep cost at a minimum without sacrificing quality and reliability. Building my own system appeals to me in regards to keep the cost down and the knowledge of the system if something would go down. I currently have a 6x10 utility trailer that I could use if the 3500lb weight capacity would be sufficient or I could purchase another trailer to meet the demands. 

Any advise or guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2013 at 1:41 AM, Richard Frisson said:

There should be a D.I.Y on this site for a soft wash system... I think when i get my air setup complete.. i am going to make a step by step instruction for a basic roof cleaning system 100 gallon with pictures parts, part numbers etc.  But it should be kept confidential to paid members of this forum.  let me know what you think. 

where is the members only part?

Hello new to the forum. Found this forum doing research on softwash systems. Still doing research... Taking the advise of a few of you here.. No need to buy an expensive sled for my purpose. So I live here in Central Fl. And want to get into the roof wash buisness part time for extra income. I work 15 days a month so that leaves me another 15 days of free time if u want to call it that. Anyways looking for someone to show me the ropes and setups. Chemical ratios and so on. Id be willing to come work with you voluntarily for training purposes on my days off. Lmk if this is something you wouldn't mind helping me out with. 

Thanks

I am interested in just having a home use system...but would consider a commercial set up for longevity.  Could someone direct me as to where to start?

I have a nice Vortex pressure washer but that is it.

many thanks,

Gman