Hello everyone,

A good friend of mine and I have been planning to start a softwashing business for about 6 months and are now ready to start building our skid. We're just starting out so were not going fancy or over the top. We're looking to spend about $1,500 towards our set up. I was hoping to get some pointers on equipment to use and maybe even skid ideas you might be willing to share. Thanks in advance!

God Bless,

Trent

Trent,

What part of the country are you in and what is the average pitch and type of the roofs in your area? Just went thru the building process myself, spent probably a hundred hours reading posts on here. A wealth of info, as you probably know by now and a ton of people more than willing to help. Are you going to be focusing on house washing or roofs? All these questions can help determine the best system for you. Buying a pre-packaged system is good from a speed time point, but I took someone's advice and built my own. Took a little longer but glad I did because now I know it backwards and forward and can troubleshoot if need be. 

The basic systems are relatively inexpensive, it's all the other stuff that adds up. Some of which you don't have to have but that you'll want fairly quickly. Tanks, reels, can easily spend $500 on ladders, stabilizers, ladder rack, spare parts, hose fittings, nozzles, safety cones, downspout extenders, etc. 

Hello everyone,

A good friend of mine and I have been planning to start a softwashing business for about 6 months and are now ready to start building our skid. We're just starting out so were not going fancy or over the top. We're looking to spend about $1,500 towards our set up. I was hoping to get some pointers on equipment to use and maybe even skid ideas you might be willing to share. Thanks in advance!

God Bless,

Trent

The softwashing business is a good business, but like any business, some don't make it. IMHO, one of the very best ways to get a start in this business is to buy a complete softwash system from a guy who is going out of business. I saw a whole softwash trailer sell here in Tampa for 3200.00. It would have cost near 10 grand to build it.

Using this tool http://www.searchtempest.com/  you can search every Craigslist in the USA, and you can program the tool to only search in say a 500 mile radius of your home!  If I were you, I would start searching for a used pressure washing or power washing skid, etc, etc.

Edited by Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

Trent,

What part of the country are you in and what is the average pitch and type of the roofs in your area? Just went thru the building process myself, spent probably a hundred hours reading posts on here. A wealth of info, as you probably know by now and a ton of people more than willing to help. Are you going to be focusing on house washing or roofs? All these questions can help determine the best system for you. Buying a pre-packaged system is good from a speed time point, but I took someone's advice and built my own. Took a little longer but glad I did because now I know it backwards and forward and can troubleshoot if need be.

The basic systems are relatively inexpensive, it's all the other stuff that adds up. Some of which you don't have to have but that you'll want fairly quickly. Tanks, reels, can easily spend $500 on ladders, stabilizers, ladder rack, spare parts, hose fittings, nozzles, safety cones, downspout extenders, etc.

We're in the central Florida area, most roofs are shingle. Our primary focus starting will be just roofs. We figured it would be best to take on one part of the business at a time until we are proficient at one area, then move on to possibly house washing. One of the main reasons we wanted to build our own system is because of exactly what you stated. If something goes out, we know how our system is set up inside and out and can hopefully make the needed repairs to get back in business. I've got friends who are realtors and they're already asking how long it will be till I can clean roofs for their clients.

The softwashing business is a good business, but like any business, some don't make it. IMHO, one of the very best ways to get a start in this business is to buy a complete softwash system from a guy who is going out of business. I saw a whole softwash trailer sell here in Tampa for 3200.00. It would have cost near 10 grand to build it.

Using this tool http://www.searchtempest.com/  you can search every Craigslist in the USA, and you can program the tool to only search in say a 500 mile radius of your home!  If I were you, I would start searching for a used pressure washing or power washing skid, etc, etc.

Awesome I appericate the advise!

Also if anyone is willing, I would be willing to pay to learn how to deal with different stains, molds, algae, proper mixture and chemical use. I'm located in Polk County, Florida.

Edited by Trent Medley

I am possibly looking to get into soft washing and was wondering where should i start..I see you guys have info on building your own and i am interested in building one.I have a carpet cleaning business now...I use a low moisture system for carpet cleaning. www.organiccarpetcare.com

Hello again everyone, we have decided based off of some comments we have received, to go with this system starting out. http://www.powerwashstore.com/P/1457/GenerationIITwinPumpSystemw-TitanReelNo5401 what are your thoughts on this?

It will get you started making money

These people sell turn key Softwash Systems as well, and a complete franchise, for those so inclined.

http://www.uglyshingles.com/becomeaprofessional.htm

There are many, many options for those wanting to get in on the lucrative Soft Wash Cleaning Industry.

I sleep really good at night, just knowing that I have been able to teach people how to get into Softwashing, and feed their families.

As the climate in the world continues to warm, the growth of the Mildew and Algae will increase and spread, making more demand for those who can clean.

It is my opinion, that those who own, and can operate a Softwash System Cleaning Business, will never be out of work.

You have definitely helped a lot of people, and I'm thankful for that help every day. 

Take that 3/8 shit back bro. It is choking your softwashing pump, and that small diameter hose will soon find it's way under the shingles, then rip them when you pull on it!

When you use the proper 5/8 hose, you will think you got a new pump,. compared to that 3/8 crap.

You were new to softwashing, you didn't know, but now you know.

What is the preferred professional grade hose to buy in 5/8"? PSI rating? Where can I buy it?

Edited by SonRise

What is the preferred professional grade hose to buy in 5/8"? PSI rating? Where can I buy it?

You're looking for Kuri-Tec, or more specifically model K1154.  I do believe K1156 has exactly the same specs, it's just blue colored instead of red.  This is the style.

Here, I am dealing with a lot of high peaks and steep pitches on shingle roofs with gutters. I don't want to be spraying 17 GPM, but I do want to be able to spray far at like 7-8 GPM with a 40' or so stream. Will the 5 HP 9 can at 90 psi compressor do that for me? Tired if climbing steep roofs.

Maybe this will help. Ever heard of a Roof Gitter? http://johnrwhite.net/ENS roof gitter pitch page.htm

LOL WITH you Josh, not AT you :)

The 1/2 inch pump will run just fine with the 500 compressor, and will run even better once you can afford a better compressor.

Edited by SonRise

The air pump setup Josh will be the best soft wash system you have ever owned, and it will not let you down when you softwash roofs or exteriors like 12 volt softwashing pump can.

What is the advantage to the 12v pump? Why does everyone use 12v instead of 110v?

You're looking for Kuri-Tec, or more specifically model K1154.  I do believe K1156 has exactly the same specs, it's just blue colored instead of red.  This is the style.

Thanks Matt, I appreciate it.

Hello everyone I am new to this soft wash your site and post helped me deside to add this to my business,  I am setting up with 4 air pumps two hooked up and two on stand by , what type of spray gun and size of tips should I start with  thanks Steve owner of Red line Sweepers and pressure washing  southaven Ms 

Hello everyone I am new to this soft wash your site and post helped me deside to add this to my business,  I am setting up with 4 air pumps two hooked up and two on stand by , what type of spray gun and size of tips should I start with  thanks Steve owner of Red line Sweepers and pressure washing  southaven Ms 

All depends on what size air compressor, hose, and pump sizes.

Yamaha 100 psi 125 psi compressor 3/8 hose will be going to 1/2 in the next week or so 

Many of us here use what is called a Master Nozzle, that is totally adjustable.  IOW, one nozzle can replace many! 

Hi Gary my master water nozzle has just been delivered, what a quality piece of kit it looks, very well made.  How do you connect the nozzle to the Banjo two way valve?  I've had a quick look and I can see a couple of polypropylene fittings that might do the job but wanted to check with you first to see what you use and recommend.

If you could let me know asap I'd really appreciated that.  If you can back it up with any links where I can source it that would be great

Also with regards to the Banjo two way valve what do you use to connect the PVC hose to the other end of the valve?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

What are you using the Master Water Nozzle for?

A lot of members use this nozzle for spraying roof mix. It is guaranteed for life and will increase your shooting distance on most rigs if set up correctly. They are pricey (around $50.00), but well worth it. They go from closed to totally  open in 1/2 turn. NO more changing tips aloft, and dropping them.