Mark8262

(Duraloc) Stone Covered Metal Roof

Hello,

Has anyone had any experiences with Duraloc Stone Covered Roofing Material. I am talking about Duraloc in Canada, There is another Duraloc in Florida but they are completely different companies. I recently cleaned cleaned Duraloc Stone Covered Roof and the outcome was not good. There was  A LOT of granule loss and I do mean A LOT and it is still coming off. It was cleaned by our normal cleaning method - air compressor and air diaphragm pump with our normal roof mix.

A couple of days later I received a call from the home owner saying there were light splotches all over the roof and there was a lot of granules in in the gutters and coming out of the down spots. Once again I used no pressure to clean the roof.

I have been reasearching Duraloc Canada with shocking results. There a several pages of complaints concerning granule loss and color fading from this material.

Does anyone have any info or experiences with Duraloc Stone Covered Roofing material (Canada)

Thank you much.....best wishes to all

Mark Sexton

Gulf Coast Pressure Washing

Spanish Fort Alabama

251-402-0533

Here are some comments on the pissed off consumer blog about them!

It seems, from a casual Google Search I did on the Duraloc Stone Covered Metal Roofs, that there were a lot of problems associated with them.

Then, the poor roof cleaner comes along, and gets blamed!

Feb 09 

Hello Danray1118.

How did you have your roof treated ? Did Duraloc, or the numbered Ontario Company, they turned into, do it ? What did they use ? I would really appreciate knowing the details.

I am afraid the lawsuit may not happen. It appears this lawyer has dropped it, probably due to the fact that the numbered Ontario Company went bankrupt, and now has no responsibility for the 50 yr. warranty. Allmet, who bought Duraloc, made sure in the deal that they were not responsible for the warranties, and they will not help. We are left to our own resources.

The grit coating has come off my roof on the south side, but it does not appear to be ready to rust through. The galvanized coating should protect it for a few more years, but this spring I will get up on a ladder and make sure it is not going to rust through. What looks like rust, is brown primer. It may be that you have real rust though. Are you sure ?

Several old houses in my area with metal roofs about 70 years old are treated with a spray tar. I am going to talk to a man who does that. I think they have it done every 10 years or so. It probably will not stick to the galvanized metal, but after it is exposed to the weather for a few years, it might. 

I have not found any paint that seems to last on metal roofing, unless it is baked on during themanufacturing process.

Thanks for posting.Replyavatar_standart.jpgStephen Celella
Sep 20, 2012 

i have a duraloc metal roof that does nothing but leak and to make it more agravating they would not sell directly to me because i had to use there professional installers and they obiously installed it wrong. Also I should have been told to place a new shingle roof because the roof was not pitched enough. They deserve to be suedReplyavatar_standart.jpgBrenda
Dec 02, 2011 

we had our roof put on by Dura-log in the year 2003. My husband was putting up christmas lights and noticed all the stone coating has fallen off and the exposed metal is now rusting.Replyavatar_standart.jpgRoger
Jul 19, 2011 

I had mine put on 9 years ago, it now looks like *** with the brown primer showing through after the outer coating peeled off. The Owner of the numbered company refuses to show me pictures of repairs he has done on other roofs, I guess that means it looks pretty bad. I told him to do it anyway; putting this roof on my house was one of my worst decisions ever!Replyavatar_standart.jpgJohn
May 30, 2011 

We had our roof replaced 5 yrs ago with a Dura-Loc roof. We got back from fla 2 days ago and noticed several large area where the coating came off, exposing the red primer. I called the contractor, it being a holiday weekend the office was closed early. I will keep this forum posted as to what happens.Reply

Showing 1-7 of 7 comments