Sign in to follow this  
WCP

Roof-A-Cide

One of my customers called me and told me they are going with another company that has promised them they will never have to clean there roof again. I don't want to mention the name of the company, but I did call them and speak to their sales guy. He explained that it is a copper based algaecide that the particular manufacturer has been able to formulate so that it stays on the roof and does it's job for two years. They basically quote customers for the initial cleaning (surface cleaning the roof) and applying the "Roof-A-Cide". They guarantee it will last two years. In two years they come back and charge a fee to spray on the "Roof-A-cide". According to the sales guy I spoke to, as long as this is done every two years the roof will never need to be pressure washed or soft washed with Chlorine. 

I have roof that I have cleaned two years ago using the the chlorine/detergent mix and they look fine also. I know this issue has been discussed over and over again, but I have not been on the forum in awhile. So does this "Roof-A-Cide" actually work, or just a sales gimmick?

"We have a great option for you that we will have to come back every 2 years for, and charge you, as opposed to cleaning it once with an SH based solution that will keep it clean for 5-10 years!"

LOL gimmick to say the least.  

Gimmick.  I Used copper sulfate on a few roofs when I started out.  It works, but has to be reapplied every year (at least here in BC) SH is far superior.