I really like the idea of having a proportioner attached to a soft wash unit. The only one I can find is the "pro-portioner" and there is no way I'm dropping that kind of money for something that I could probably build myself if I REALLY tried to. Is there anyone that sells these at a reasonable price here? I understand the metering valves are quite expensive and there is some calibration and cost involved... but $1,2000??

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, JJS1379 said:

I really like the idea of having a proportioner attached to a soft wash unit. The only one I can find is the "pro-portioner" and there is no way I'm dropping that kind of money for something that I could probably build myself if I REALLY tried to. Is there anyone that sells these at a reasonable price here? I understand the metering valves are quite expensive and there is some calibration and cost involved... but $1,2000??

I can think of a million others things that your time and money are better spent on while you're just getting your business off of the ground.  Once you're rockin', and want to gain some additional efficiencies, then yes, it's a great option to have on your rig.  I think I have about $30 total in mine.  Very simple concept, been around for years and there's no need to re-engineer it.

Focus on the business end of the business and tweak operational efficiencies second.  

2 hours ago, Roof Cleaning Virginia said:

I can think of a million others things that your time and money are better spent on while you're just getting your business off of the ground.  Once you're rockin', and want to gain some additional efficiencies, then yes, it's a great option to have on your rig.  I think I have about $30 total in mine.  Very simple concept, been around for years and there's no need to re-engineer it.

Focus on the business end of the business and tweak operational efficiencies second.  

Damn $30?! Thats dirt cheap man. Seems to me if one is going to focus mostly on roof cleaning, a proportioner would be a huge time saver, and a must down the road. I talked to an older gentlemen at PWP as well, and he surprisingly seemed opposed to using any kind of proportioned system. He had some good opinions on why he thought this way, but the benefits to me are still pretty appealing.

1 hour ago, JJS1379 said:

Damn $30?! Thats dirt cheap man. Seems to me if one is going to focus mostly on roof cleaning, a proportioner would be a huge time saver, and a must down the road. I talked to an older gentlemen at PWP as well, and he surprisingly seemed opposed to using any kind of proportioned system. He had some good opinions on why he thought this way, but the benefits to me are still pretty appealing.

If your phone is not ringing, if the leads are not rollin' in, then at THIS STAGE of your brand new business, your time, money and effort is better focused elsewhere.  Good luck!

3 hours ago, Roof Cleaning Virginia said:

If your phone is not ringing, if the leads are not rollin' in, then at THIS STAGE of your brand new business, your time, money and effort is better focused elsewhere.  Good luck!

Yes I guess I will see. Since I don't even have my equipment ordered yet it's still just a goal/dream. Hopefully come Spring I'll be able to hit the ground running though. I have door hangers ordered. Hopefully that and a lot of cold calling and good old fashioned door knocking will get me started. Thanks!

Update on this. I found a guy who is putting these together in his spare time. Lot of good reviews seem to be coming in for them so I pulled the trigger and ordered one. If anyone is looking for a budget Proportioner you can find this guy on FB, under the group Pro-Mixalot-V2. $250 shipped.

26240776_1835284939829305_4003302492033061532_o.jpg

Lol dude I have not even started yet. I have yet to do even one job. Hell I don't even have my website up or an LLC registered. I'm basically just trying to get prepared so that I can hit the ground running come Spring. Bet your bottom dollar...I will be on that list by the end of Fall;)