Sign in to follow this  
JJS1379

Plumbing Question

JJS1379   

I have a 225gal buffer tank which I originally had planned to connect to a 8gpm pw unit. My focus has now shifted towards investing more into the soft wash chemical pump unit, and to instead go with a smaller 4gpm/4000psi pw unit instead. I have everything coming off the bulkhead 1.5" fittings including a 1.5" Banjo Y strainer. My question is can I still use this plumbing with the 4gpm unit without causing any problems or damage as long as I use 1" non collapsible hose to attach everything to the inlet of the pump? 

Most 4 GPM are direct drive so they dont suck like a 8 GPM does but they can still work.. WIth 4 GPM you can hook right up to the home owners water supply and save your self some room on your truck.. You can still soft wash with a pressure washer by adjusting your tips and its really fast to do house washes with. Soft washing with say booster pumps, air pumps, 12v are great on roofs but IMO there are faster methods for house washing.

JJS1379   
1 hour ago, Curb Appeal Pros LLC said:

Most 4 GPM are direct drive so they dont suck like a 8 GPM does but they can still work.. WIth 4 GPM you can hook right up to the home owners water supply and save your self some room on your truck.. You can still soft wash with a pressure washer by adjusting your tips and its really fast to do house washes with. Soft washing with say booster pumps, air pumps, 12v are great on roofs but IMO there are faster methods for house washing.

Thanks for the input CAP! I'm not 100% sure but the pw I have my eye on at PWP was under the belt drive section (Pressure pro). I saw it had a standard hose hookup so that's definitely something to consider, and it would free up much needed room on my 6x12 trailer for the 17gpm all-flo chem pump and two 100 gal tanks i want. I wanted to keep some kind of pw unit available to do flat work if a customer does request it. I already have an m5 xjet, but would probably just ds if I needed a  backup method to clean exteriors. 

1 hour ago, JJS1379 said:

Thanks for the input CAP! I'm not 100% sure but the pw I have my eye on at PWP was under the belt drive section (Pressure pro). I saw it had a standard hose hookup so that's definitely something to consider, and it would free up much needed room on my 6x12 trailer for the 17gpm all-flo chem pump and two 100 gal tanks i want. I wanted to keep some kind of pw unit available to do flat work if a customer does request it. I already have an m5 xjet, but would probably just ds if I needed a  backup method to clean exteriors. 

seems like good options lori will take good care of you. Belt driven is much better than direct drive for several reasons if your looking for a pw you can still run 5 to 5.5 off home owner water anything bigger your going to need a tank. Just depends on your budget and your long term plan. If you have the room and the money a 8gpm is wonderful 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:48 AM, JJS1379 said:

I have a 225gal buffer tank which I originally had planned to connect to a 8gpm pw unit. My focus has now shifted towards investing more into the soft wash chemical pump unit, and to instead go with a smaller 4gpm/4000psi pw unit instead. I have everything coming off the bulkhead 1.5" fittings including a 1.5" Banjo Y strainer. My question is can I still use this plumbing with the 4gpm unit without causing any problems or damage as long as I use 1" non collapsible hose to attach everything to the inlet of the pump? 

I'd highly recommend your initial strategy of the 8 gpm machine.  (I have 3 of them, yet my next one will likely be a 10 gpm machine!)    And we primarily clean roofs.......    And if that means you go 12v for a while due to budget limitations on the other set up, so be it.

JJS1379   
1 hour ago, Roof Cleaning Virginia said:

I'd highly recommend your initial strategy of the 8 gpm machine.  (I have 3 of them, yet my next one will likely be a 10 gpm machine!)    And we primarily clean roofs.......    And if that means you go 12v for a while due to budget limitations on the other set up, so be it.

Thank you for the response. If you don't mind me asking...If you primarily do roofs why would the importance of the bigger 8gpm outweigh that of the more expensive chem pump That would actually do the roof cleaning. I just figured the flat work would come secondary. Also I realized that you can get a stronger mix with the 4gpm downstream if you had to use it for a exterior soft wash back up you could. I'm here to learn so thank you for any further advice.