ARMA methods of roof cleaning are one big Joke. Any roof cleaner knows the so called ARMA Method will never clean a roof. It calls for diluted bleach, so if 5% straight bleach will not clean a roof, how will diluted bleach ? And, make no mistake, ARMA is talking about store bought bleach, NOT 12.5 % SH. ARMA is nothing but a trade association who claim they represent roofing shingle manufacturers. I have had several conversations over the years with Owens Corning Technical Services division in Ohio, who assured me it was ok to not rinse a roof from a shingle life point of view. However, from a liability POV, it is a different story if the left on bleach and soap run off the roof, and get in the eye of a child or pet 1f641.png Left on bleach is basically salt, salt will not harm asphalt, or every McDonalds parking lot would be destroyed by spilled french fries.

Yea they really need to update their directions on cleaning a roof. Maybe listen to the people that have been cleaning them for years. It is very hard to explain to a very diligent customer the right way to clean a roof after they've read the technical bulletin from the manufacturer.

19 hours ago, Sussex County Roof Cleaning said:

Yea they really need to update their directions on cleaning a roof. Maybe listen to the people that have been cleaning them for years. It is very hard to explain to a very diligent customer the right way to clean a roof after they've read the technical bulletin from the manufacturer.

Actually, I was probably the person who first started using the ARMA Roof Cleaning Bulletin, over 20 years ago. Back then, non pressure roof cleaning was scoffed at, and almost totally unknown. I was battling pressure washers back then, who used high pressure to clean a roof. 

It was easy to say "Mr Customer, the shingle manufacturers say that the ARMA Method of Roof Cleaning is the correct one, as you can see by this ARMA Bulletin"

Until one day, a savvy customers said "WTF do you mean 1500.00 to clean my roof, when all you are doing is spraying some diluted Bleach and TSP on my roof".

LOL, that was the end of us using the ARMA Bulletin to sell roof cleaning customers for us :) 

On 11/22/2017 at 10:51 AM, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

Actually, I was probably the person who first started using the ARMA Roof Cleaning Bulletin, over 20 years ago. Back then, non pressure roof cleaning was scoffed at, and almost totally unknown. I was battling pressure washers back then, who used high pressure to clean a roof. 

It was easy to say "Mr Customer, the shingle manufacturers say that the ARMA Method of Roof Cleaning is the correct one, as you can see by this ARMA Bulletin"

Until one day, a savvy customers said "WTF do you mean 1500.00 to clean my roof, when all you are doing is spraying some diluted Bleach and TSP on my roof".

LOL, that was the end of us using the ARMA Bulletin to sell roof cleaning customers for us :) 

Yea I hear that sometimes. More often the customer questions the strength required versus what the bulletin states and the leave it on the roof, again versus the bulletin

On 11/21/2017 at 2:54 PM, Sussex County Roof Cleaning said:

It must be remembered WHO ARMA really is. They are merely a trade association who have "put themselves in charge" of representing the business interests of roofing shingle manufactures. Sort of like the BBB "represents" Businesses. They are NOT the shingle makers themselves. Any professional roof cleaner knows the ARMA Roof Cleaning Solution will not clean a roof. Some people think ARMA knows their cleaning solution does not work, and planned it that way, so people will buy a brand new roof, and THINK that their shingle roof can't be cleaned :( 

I ended up writing an entire blog about what a client pays for with roof cleaning. It certainly is NOT just "spraying bleach" on a roof. As we all know, there is so much more, and MANY good reasons for them to hire RCIA certified roof cleaning companies. 

6 hours ago, Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL 904-304-0810 said:

I spend my days breaking the stigma that we're just "spraying bleach" with each and every client! 

That's why we never suggest pulling out the ARMA Roof Cleaning Bulletin, to show a customer.  :) 

5 minutes ago, Ultimate Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing said:

It would be nice if ARMA contracted Roof cleaning out to us roof cleaners. I’m sure they get plenty of calls on their “algae free” shingles. They don’t last much longer than the regular ones, as far as algae resistant goes.

We do a fair amount of warranty work for some shingle manufacturers when the algae resistant roofs get dirty before they are supposed to

1 minute ago, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

We do a fair amount of warranty work for some shingle manufacturers when the algae resistant roofs get dirty before they are supposed to

Same here. We are the go to company for some shingle manufacturers when the algae resistant shingles don't hold up. We do their warranty cleanings. What better choice is there for a homeowner, than the company the shingle manufacturers themselves choose to clean their roofs in Jacksonville, Florida? It's clear shingle manufacturers want RCIA certified roof cleaning companies taking care of their product! 

17 hours ago, Ultimate Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing said:

How do you get the work?

Simple, we called the customer service department of several roof shingle manufacturers, and offered our services :) 

5 hours ago, Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL 904-304-0810 said:

In our case, our advertising brought them to us. We didn't have to seek them out. I'm pretty sure they looked at other options, but chose us because of our knowledge and expertise related to the process. 

Being a Certified Roof Cleaner didn;t hurt !