Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

Cold Weather Roof Cleaning

The roof cleaning chemicals will still clean in colder weather, just not as fast. The colder the temperature, the longer it will take for the roof to come clean.

The Sun effects the cleaning solution too, so a sunny cold day, is better then a cold, cloudy day. 

14 hours ago, h2o spray said:

Cleaned a roof yesterday (Monday) 42 degrees....It was cold but we made good $$$ Love Roof Cleaning!

Awesome! 

The biggest mistake many make when it is cold outside, is not waiting long enough for the mix to clean. I discovered this 27 years ago, it was a 38 degree morning here in Tampa, and I had a large grey shingle roof that "refused" to clean. I ran myself out of chemical, drove to get more, and when I returned an hour and a half later, the roof was clean! 

LOL, I thought someone was playing a joke, and cleaned the roof for me, until I figured out what was going wrong. 

Back then, there was no roof cleaning forum, and no one to ask questions of. I had to figure out this stuff for myself.

It is amazing how much the Sunlight effects the cleaning mix. On a cold day, you can really see this. The roof cleaning chemicals will always clean faster on a cold sunny day, vs a cold cloudy/overcast day.

Knowing that we are oxidizing the algae, I can see how the sun plays a big role. I think we all notice. I know if we can get a quick flash off reaction with heat and sunlight, and just enough mix to damp the area but dry quickly, the algae will disappear super fast. If there are shadows and cool weather, this process takes a while. The sun is an oxidizer too and a heater that evaporates the solution. That quick oxidation and evaporation cleans almost instantly. 

9 minutes ago, Sussex County Roof Cleaning said:

Ive received more calls for roof cleaning in the last week(now that its wicked cold) then I did in all of October. Heading out to do two jobs today once it warms up. Hate cold weather cleaning,but it is what it is.

Money is money, and sometimes we have to make it in cold w`eather.  

We had to bid a big tile roof kind of low, and the day it was scheduled on, it was 45 degrees :( 

So, we told the customer we needed to reschedule for a warmer day. He was ok with it

3 minutes ago, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

We had to bid a big tile roof kind of low, and the day it was scheduled on, it was 45 degrees :( 

So, we told the customer we needed to reschedule for a warmer day. He was ok with it

Its 36 here now. Supposed to be 40 ish by noon so Im waiting to go. 

On 11/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

Trying to finish one tomorrow that I couldn't get on Friday. Took forever just to do a couple sides because there was zero sun and cool and windy. That one seriously frustrated me! Also it's glazed tile, so not being porous it won't absorb the SH. I'm having to kill layer by layer and it's super dirty. 

9 hours ago, Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL 904-304-0810 said:

Trying to finish one tomorrow that I couldn't get on Friday. Took forever just to do a couple sides because there was zero sun and cool and windy. That one seriously frustrated me! Also it's glazed tile, so not being porous it won't absorb the SH. I'm having to kill layer by layer and it's super dirty. 

Those glazed tile roofs are a real bitch, when it gets cold :( 

On 11/13/2017 at 11:11 PM, Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL 904-304-0810 said:

Those glazed tile roofs are a real bitch, when it gets cold :( 

For cold weather roof cleaning, some have found it useful to add some of this stuff to the roof cleaning mix, but beware! This stuff will burn your mix up, and make it useless in 2 to 3 hours! 

2 to 4 ounces of it, to every 50 gallons of mix, and more is not better.

It contains an oxidizer called Potassium Permonosulfate

24129994_1749548225078356_2897379095360787001_n.jpg