Clean Exterior

Aluminum window frames

I recently cleaned a building with windows that have black aluminum frames. I used a 20% mix of SH and water with some gain. The frames have these blemishes on them that almost looks like oxidation. I should have taken a picture but didn't, maybe I will and add to this post later. Anyone know why these blemishes appeared after the cleaning? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Clean Exterior said:

I recently cleaned a building with windows that have black aluminum frames. I used a 20% mix of SH and water with some gain. The frames have these blemishes on them that almost looks like oxidation. I should have taken a picture but didn't, maybe I will and add to this post later. Anyone know why these blemishes appeared after the cleaning? Thanks!

SH is an oxidizer,  that can and will dull paint. :( 

It is possible that your solution did this,  it is also possible they were like this, under the dirt, and you come along and get blamed.

LOL, some customers will blame you for everything. Seriously, I had a customer call me all pissed off once, and said  I ruined his marriage! 

Another customer claimed we made his Orange Tree "Glow In The Dark", because we were spraying radioactive material.

1 hour ago, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

SH is an oxidizer,  that can and will dull paint. :( 

It is possible that your solution did this,  it is also possible they were like this, under the dirt, and you come along and get blamed.

LOL, some customers will blame you for everything. Seriously, I had a customer call me all pissed off once, and said  I ruined his marriage! 

Another customer claimed we made his Orange Tree "Glow In The Dark", because we were spraying radioactive material.

Yikes that sucks. How can I prevent this from happening again?

At times when cleaning siding, yellow spots will be left on white surfaces such as a garage door or soffits. The surfaces are rinsed well and the spots didn't appear until after dry. We had to go back out and simply rinse again. Has this happened to anyone else?

We have experienced in the past bleeds from the siding and soffit, but this can easily rectify by rinsing the surface again. Does this happen to every house wash or just this specific job. It may also be the surface  the age  of the structure or the paint. It also may have to do with your mix strength.  Mike 

On 10/11/2017 at 2:04 PM, Pro Clean Roof Wash LLC said:

We have experienced in the past bleeds from the siding and soffit, but this can easily rectify by rinsing the surface again. Does this happen to every house wash or just this specific job. It may also be the surface  the age  of the structure or the paint. It also may have to do with your mix strength.  Mike 

Yeah, I call them weepers. Always walk the job when your done to minimize a call back for them. 

On 10/10/2017 at 9:06 AM, Advantage Roof Cleaning said:

At times when cleaning siding, yellow spots will be left on white surfaces such as a garage door or soffits. The surfaces are rinsed well and the spots didn't appear until after dry. We had to go back out and simply rinse again. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sounds like Weepers. Vinyl sided houses are notorious for them. Lately Ive been explaining it to the customers and how to remove them. No call backs