Bubbad2u

Help sealing a tank, please

Bubbad2u   

Hope everyone is having a good week. I have a question about sealing a tank outlet. 

I have a small tank that I use for storing SH or my house wash mix. The tank has a molded in outlet port that I want to just cap off. The problem is that the cap that came with the tank doesn't tighten well. You can tighten it and then it will jump threads and is loose enough to drip and leak. I am trying to avoid tape or a gasket that will be a constant problem to keep an eye on. Does anyone know of some kind of sealer I could coat the cap and threads with that the SH won't eat through?

Thanks for the help. 

Joe

11 hours ago, Bubbad2u said:

Hope everyone is having a good week. I have a question about sealing a tank outlet. 

I have a small tank that I use for storing SH or my house wash mix. The tank has a molded in outlet port that I want to just cap off. The problem is that the cap that came with the tank doesn't tighten well. You can tighten it and then it will jump threads and is loose enough to drip and leak. I am trying to avoid tape or a gasket that will be a constant problem to keep an eye on. Does anyone know of some kind of sealer I could coat the cap and threads with that the SH won't eat through?

Thanks for the help. 

Joe

Nice Fish Joe! 

You can TRY some teflon sealant, it will stand up, the problem will be keeping it in the threads

Bubbad2u   

Thanks, caught 3 that size in about 20 minutes on morning. It was awesome.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll give it a try.

Have a good evening

Joe