Advantage Roof Cleaning

SHURFLO Stainless-Steel Accumulator Tank

Guys, I have been using the FloJet accumulator tank from day one. It works OK and does occasionally need to be replaced. The ports seem to be a maintenance issue. The fittings need to be replaced each year and the ports themselves seem to wear and begin to leak. Does anyone have this issue? What are your thoughts on the stainless steel accumulator shown below?

Starting out I was taught to use an accumulator to reduce cycling of the pump thus extending the life of the pump motor. I find the pump head almost always goes out before the motor. Do you believe the accumulator truly makes a significant difference or not really?

download.jpg

Stainless-Steel Accumulator Tank

$151.48 CampingWorld.com
Material: Stainless steel with butyl rubber diaphragmPolished stainless steel housing with butyl rubber diaphragm provides maximum corrosion resistance. Easy to install and maintain, this 2gal. capacity tank maintains consistent water pressure and temperature. Reduces pump cycling. Pre-charged to 20psi. Includes mounting feet for easy installation and a mounting bracket to accommodate any type of Shurflo water pump.

• Capacity: 2gal.
  • Pressure: 100psi
  • Port Sizes: 1/2" NPT female
  • Dimensions: 12"L x 9"dia.
  • UL Approval: Marine UL Listed, NSF certified
  • Warranty: One year

Guys, I have been using the FloJet accumulator tank from day one. It works OK and does occasionally need to be replaced. The ports seem to be a maintenance issue. The fittings need to be replaced each year and the ports themselves seem to wear and begin to leak. Does anyone have this issue? What are your thoughts on the stainless steel accumulator shown below?

Starting out I was taught to use an accumulator to reduce cycling of the pump thus extending the life of the pump motor. I find the pump head almost always goes out before the motor. Do you believe the accumulator truly makes a significant difference or not really?

download.jpg

Stainless-Steel Accumulator Tank

$151.48 CampingWorld.com
Material: Stainless steel with butyl rubber diaphragmPolished stainless steel housing with butyl rubber diaphragm provides maximum corrosion resistance. Easy to install and maintain, this 2gal. capacity tank maintains consistent water pressure and temperature. Reduces pump cycling. Pre-charged to 20psi. Includes mounting feet for easy installation and a mounting bracket to accommodate any type of Shurflo water pump.

• Capacity: 2gal.
  • Pressure: 100psi
  • Port Sizes: 1/2" NPT female
  • Dimensions: 12"L x 9"dia.
  • UL Approval: Marine UL Listed, NSF certified
  • Warranty: One year

Since we only use air pumps Dave, I am afraid I am not much help. However, you might contact member Al Gigliotti, who has made his own accumulator!  It is important to remember that Stainless Steel is NOT SH Proof, and only has a C or average resistance to the SH. Without being able to examine and compare the inner parts of both units, it is hard to say if this one will have any benefit for you. 

The top of the line 12 volt pumps from Northern Tool have a unique way of dealing with the pump cycling on and off, have you ever considered them ?

"The top of the line 12 volt pumps from Northern Tool have a unique way of dealing with the pump cycling on and off, have you ever considered them ?"

No I have not considered them. As of now I have only used the Fatboy. I will look into Northern Tool. Thanks.

"The top of the line 12 volt pumps from Northern Tool have a unique way of dealing with the pump cycling on and off, have you ever considered them ?"

No I have not considered them. As of now I have only used the Fatboy. I will look into Northern Tool. Thanks.

I am not gonna cast judgement Dave, but here is how it works. The better Northern Tool 12 volt Pumps have an optional low` cost add on warranty. They offer immediate in store replacement, for NON COMMERCIAL USE.

So, people are buying them, and the extra warranty under their real names, and when they fail, they simply rinse them well, and say they failed pumping water in their RV :) 

I know several who have not bought a new pump in several years :) 

But everyone who has used them have remarked at how much longer they last, compared to other 12 volt pumps, because of their unique pressure switch !!!!

I am not gonna cast judgement Dave, but here is how it works. The better Northern Tool 12 volt Pumps have an optional low` cost add on warranty. They offer immediate in store replacement, for NON COMMERCIAL USE.

So, people are buying them, and the extra warranty under their real names, and when they fail, they simply rinse them well, and say they failed pumping water in their RV :) 

I know several who have not bought a new pump in several years :) 

But everyone who has used them have remarked at how much longer they last, compared to other 12 volt pumps, because of their unique pressure switch !!!!

I've heard that before Chris. I don't cast judgement either but God does. What those individuals are doing is dishonest and in essence stealing.