I just did a green roof i'll attach the picture below. First be careful not to walk on it especially wet you WILL fall! A low mix around 1-2 Percent of SH worked well with no detergent and lots and lots of rinsing. Make sure to hit the roof from one direction and then the other to get those ridges that are every foot or so. At the end of the job I put on some final wash from softwash systems its considered a corrosion inhibitor which basically neutralizes the bleach so theres no rusting and it also adds a nice wax look to the roof. I'm not sure what other soaps do what final wash does but I'm sure if you do some research there are other options. Oh and I price metal roofs at about 70-80% more then shingles. (example 2,000 sq. ft. house with shingle maybe $500 with metal roof $800-$900). Good luck they can be very difficult. 

Green_Metal.jpg

Why no detergent, Jeremy? Seems it would clean better and rinse better with some soap. I use soap in mine, and go about 1.5% mix usually.  My soap for metal roofs is (currently) 3/4" Snotmenade and 1/4 Terra Wash. same as my house wash soap. I like using Final Wash too. It evens it out and makes it look great. 

Why no detergent, Jeremy? Seems it would clean better and rinse better with some soap. I use soap in mine, and go about 1.5% mix usually.  My soap for metal roofs is (currently) 3/4" Snotmenade and 1/4 Terra Wash. same as my house wash soap. I like using Final Wash too. It evens it out and makes it look great. 

Any Soap makes a Metal Roof slick as all hell. Metal Roofs are already slick when wet, but soap makes them flat out deadly. if you walk them. 

Does anyone know of a neutralizer that can be purchased easily? Do not have time to order and need asap. Had a loyal realtor call and has a showing on a property that has a small barn he needs washes (metal) I do not have a neutralizer.

Sorry I just saw this but yes Chris is right I don't use detergent on metal because of the ridiculously slippery surface it causes but like you say if your not walking then go ahead and use it. Unfortunately most of the metal roofs I have done I needed to walk in able to get to the dormers properly, I hate it! Final was does do a nice finish I was very please. Not please with wood wash though, I just used that last week for the first time and didn't see a difference.

Gutter Butter from Pat Clark... Pat just put out a video using Gutter Butter to clean oxidation off metal roofs.

https://www.facebook.com/patrick.clark.100/videos/vb.100000695854177/1637591389607374/?type=2&theater&comment_id=1639498306083349&notif_t=video_reply&notif_id=1501940403208961

Edited by Michael England