NewAgain   

My current boots are crappy gumboots, and the soles are starting to give away.  Today I wore my sneakers on the roof for the traction.  My employee aksed why i was not wearing my boots, "I\'d rather risk wet feet than dying", and tho careful i tried to be, I still got my feet drenched...heres hoping they are not hamburger tomorrow. shoulda put them in garbage bags.

What footwear  do you guys wear?

I m considering this pair https://www.marks.com/en/categories/footwear/mens-safety/rubber-boots/product/mens-15-rubber-boots-non-safety-100252.html#100252=BLACK

But I am not sure

Edited by NewAgain

Ryan, if you're going to be on an asphalt roof, I can't recommend Cougar Paws enough.  Full disclosure - you won't hardly catch me on a roof - heights are not my thing, but my team wears them unless it's a really low slope.  They're a little spendy, but to stay safe, they're worth every penny.

Sometimes I use my Rocky water boots when I'm on low pitch roofs but most time I use the cheap brown waterproof caterpillar boots(black rubber) from wally world...After ruinning my high dollar vibram soled North Face boots I found these have better traction and last just as long...They just won't keep your feet dry for more than 2-3 months....SH breaks down the waterproofing.

Ryan, if you're going to be on an asphalt roof, I can't recommend Cougar Paws enough.  Full disclosure - you won't hardly catch me on a roof - heights are not my thing, but my team wears them unless it's a really low slope.  They're a little spendy, but to stay safe, they're worth every penny.

Cougar Paws for sure. Preferably the ankle high boots. They have more stability and they're more comfortable. I had my last pair for 5 years before I bought another pair. I switch out the pads on bottom 1-2 times through the season. Highly recommended!

Cougar Paws for sure. Preferably the ankle high boots. They have more stability and they're more comfortable. I had my last pair for 5 years before I bought another pair. I switch out the pads on bottom 1-2 times through the season. Highly recommended!

1 -2 times??  We need to increase your sales funnel!  :-)

I would be glad if you could get on that for me. Lol. Just started my third season this year. We've been growing at a good pace. I'm expecting this to be my full time career within the next couple of years. Then I'll be buying more cougar paw pads.

These have a great grip.

Mine are a bit loose so they may run a little big.

Stuck in a drugstore gel foot bed so they are super comfortable all day.

Only one complaint. The top of the boot can rub and irritate your leg so a longer sock is necessary. 

The next pair I'll order a size smaller.

Bullfrog - Soft Toe - Black Waterproof Non Slip Work Boots - Shoes For Crews

https://www.shoesforcrews.com/sfc3/index.cfm?changeWebsite=us_en&route=c_store.viewDetailsOfProduct&partnumber=5004

I have these for this year but haven't tried them out yet.

Shorter and less bulky. I don't think the grip will be as good but not so boot like.

They look better too me. More of a summer look, rather than wearing winter looking boots when it's 90 out.

We will see if they stand up as well.

is_main.jpg

http://www.xtratufboots.com/product/Xtratuf-Performance-Rubber-Ankle-Deck-Boot/mens-xtratuf-new-arrivals?c1=FAC_CM_NW&source=SPRT&kw=Ankle_Deck_Boot_-_Sport&cr5=Ad2

I wear sneakers on the roof usually. Just some cheapo wal mart sneakers, they wear out fast but they usually grip pretty good. For tile and metal, I have those frog grips above. Those suckers stick good on those surfaces. I didn't feel as confident on loose granules with them but for tile and other stuff, they are awesome. They fit funny though because they have an odd shape for the toe area.

How are you getting your feet that wet?

When I walk on roofs I were Sketchers, skateboards and shingles are almost the same texture. 

If I stand on a ladder I use wear a good boot that has a steal shank so the ladder rungs don't hurt my feet as much. 

My suggestion is that you get the black Cougar Paws as they are a little more water resistant than the others.  I go through about 2 pairs a year.  But I also do roofing and inspections too.  They are good on roofs, however, do not and I mean do not put total faith in them because at some point you WILL have the pad on the underside of the boot roll off the boot.  Then you will be performing ninja moves on the roof!