Advantage Roof Cleaning

Time to replace the KURI TEC Kuriyama Spray hose

Great....Thank you! 

I was a firefighter for 15 years, so I'm very knowledgeable and experienced with spraying large volumes of water from ladders. My mindset is that I'd rather deal with a 3/4 line and work from the ladder than have to take some foolish risk on too steep of a roof because I can't reach that last foot and a half before the peak due to a small hose and pump. (I like to think I would never be that foolish, but I'm sure there's someone somewhere in a wheelchair, or worse,  who did it "just this once")

Plus, during my FF career, a 3/4 line was the smallest thing we used (and, of course, it was the cheapest, heaviest stuff they could buy) and that was like taking a break, LOL. 

The choice between sizes doesn't have to just either/or. You can have more than one hose size if you want. I will guarantee you two things about the 3/4" hose-it will spray farther when you need it and it's major overkill 99.9% of the time when you don't. I totally agree about using the extra distance of the bigger hose when you need it for safety reasons to keep you off the roof but dragging it around to do a simple house wash or easy roof will get old in a hurry. The 5/8" hose with a 1" pump and a big ac will reach 99.9% of the roofs I do and I do mostly tall steep roofs. I get an easy 75' of distance horizontally. 

The key is keeping the other restrictions to a minimum. Eliminate unnecessary 3 way ball valves, avoid a trigger gun and use a 3/4" ball valve pvc pipe setup instead, don't use a hose reel unless the manifold is at least as big as your hose, unspool all of your hose and make sure it has no sharp turns in it, etc. and experiment with spray tips.

Most importantly to max distance use the shortest length of hose you can! Any setup will spray farther with 75' of hose versus 300'.  I use 3 sections of 5/8" hoses approximately 75' each with no hose reel and I camlock them together as needed. I keep an eye on the camlocks and have had zero issues with them coming apart, leaking etc. Just be careful when dragging hose around by relieving the strain on the joint by grabbing behind it same as you should do for the spray wand. 

The choice between sizes doesn't have to just either/or. You can have more than one hose size if you want. I will guarantee you two things about the 3/4" hose-it will spray farther when you need it and it's major overkill 99.9% of the time when you don't. I totally agree about using the extra distance of the bigger hose when you need it for safety reasons to keep you off the roof but dragging it around to do a simple house wash or easy roof will get old in a hurry. The 5/8" hose with a 1" pump and a big ac will reach 99.9% of the roofs I do and I do mostly tall steep roofs. I get an easy 75' of distance horizontally. 

The key is keeping the other restrictions to a minimum. Eliminate unnecessary 3 way ball valves, avoid a trigger gun and use a 3/4" ball valve pvc pipe setup instead, don't use a hose reel unless the manifold is at least as big as your hose, unspool all of your hose and make sure it has no sharp turns in it, etc. and experiment with spray tips.

Most importantly to max distance use the shortest length of hose you can! Any setup will spray farther with 75' of hose versus 300'.  I use 3 sections of 5/8" hoses approximately 75' each with no hose reel and I camlock them together as needed. I keep an eye on the camlocks and have had zero issues with them coming apart, leaking etc. Just be careful when dragging hose around by relieving the strain on the joint by grabbing behind it same as you should do for the spray wand. 

All excellent points!!! A lot of folks fail to realize ball valves "choke down" flow. Same with the reels and manifolds if not the same size or larger than the hose. If you need additional ball valves, install larger valves and adapt them back down to the hose size. The valves can be very restrictive.

I do the same with multiple size hoses. When I don't need as much throw, I'll use the "lighter" smaller diameter hose. If I need intermediate throw, I'll use the larger hoses coming off the pump and choke it down with the smaller hoses to save on weight pulling back down when on a ladder.

The length of the hoses absolutely dictates throw. keep it short when possible. Also, If running 12v systems, The restrictions of complex valving or too small of hose or excessive length will cause the pump to work harder. More Amps equals more heat on the pump! Something else to not overlook, If running a 12v system and spraying from the roof, have your hose running up a ladder versus hanging straight over the edge of the roof. Running up a ladder makes it easier for the pump to push the solution rather than a perfect vertical rise from the ground to the edge of the roof...

Mike

We are truly sorry.  We have no record of calls, texts, PM's or emails since October and November 2014 to present. We are happy to provide a solution.  Please email me at sales@pressurewasherproducts.com if you are interested.  Like you, we appreciate the reciprocal relationship in also sending you customers.  Thank you.  Yes, let us move on.  We are busy people with exciting things going on!

In the 3/4" ID, we AGREE with Kevin and the rest of the FT RT users that the Flex Tech RT is awesome.  The Kuriyama Kuri Tec light blue is remarkably similar.  We were turned on to the light blue by Mike Sullivan.  

In 2014, when he purchased the dark blue 5/8" and 3/4" Kuriyama Kuri Tec, we offered only that particular hose and yellow Ag hose.  It would have been an easy decision.  Customers usually ask for a specific hose in a specific ID.  If not, in the past, we guided customers to the lighter weight dark blue or red hose when requesting 3/4" ID.

Now we have the red, blue and yellow Flex Tech RT which is spectacular!  

The dark blue are red Kuriyama Kuri Tec is still very popular for those whom purchased it years ago.  When softwasher's look to replace the dark blue and red after many years, 50% of the time, they want the same exact hose.  

For the slice of softwashers that are Firefighters, I understand and can't imagine!!  We thank you for your civil service in keeping us safe.

Distance can mean the difference in affordable insurance rates, how many times you need to move the ladder, how fast you complete jobs in a single day, and if you can actually take on the multi-level complicated roof structure that no one else will attempt to clean.  

As many of you know, we are passionate about these products and want to know how we can better provide for you.  We want you to be more satisfied than you ever anticipated when using the products we provide.  I've spent hours on the phone with Chris Tucker, the true Grandfather of Softwashing, sent and received thousands of emails, read countless pages of industry research, sent and received thousands of texts and countless hours spent on the phone with softwashers, not telling you what you need, but asking you what you need to make your job easier and to perform more efficiently.  Trends have changed over the years. 

Any time you have feedback, let me know!  

So.... over the last few days, I tested out the durability of the dark blue Kuriyama Kuri Tec with my German Shepherd...Lol.... Check it out!  

IMG_4852.JPG

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

IMG_4906.JPG

IMG_4914.JPG

IMG_4915.JPG

IMG_4932.JPG

All excellent points!!! A lot of folks fail to realize ball valves "choke down" flow. Same with the reels and manifolds if not the same size or larger than the hose. If you need additional ball valves, install larger valves and adapt them back down to the hose size. The valves can be very restrictive.

I do the same with multiple size hoses. When I don't need as much throw, I'll use the "lighter" smaller diameter hose. If I need intermediate throw, I'll use the larger hoses coming off the pump and choke it down with the smaller hoses to save on weight pulling back down when on a ladder.

The length of the hoses absolutely dictates throw. keep it short when possible. Also, If running 12v systems, The restrictions of complex valving or too small of hose or excessive length will cause the pump to work harder. More Amps equals more heat on the pump! Something else to not overlook, If running a 12v system and spraying from the roof, have your hose running up a ladder versus hanging straight over the edge of the roof. Running up a ladder makes it easier for the pump to push the solution rather than a perfect vertical rise from the ground to the edge of the roof...

Mike

Always try to look for "full port" valves. There are a lot of valves which may be rated to the correct size, but restrict the flow down. If it says "full port" it will have that size passage all the way through the valve so the amount of restriction when fully open will be minimized. 

We are truly sorry.  We have no record of calls, texts, PM's or emails since October and November 2014 to present. We are happy to provide a solution.  Please email me at sales@pressurewasherproducts.com if you are interested.  Like you, we appreciate the reciprocal relationship in also sending you customers.  Thank you.  Yes, let us move on.  We are busy people with exciting things going on!

IMG_4932.JPG

Email sent. No hard feelings...just didn't work. Besides, you are dog people. That makes you good in my book. Everybody knows that Dogs are an absolute necessity for any cleaning business. 

OMG!!

I was smiling after I heard from Kevin and now that comment!!! LMAOOOO!!

Yes, dog lover?  Maybe better described as a 'Furry Four Legged Human Fanatic'!  She is the best and was exhausted after her Kuri Tec session!

Thanks guys for all those whom provided feedback.  

Hey guys,

I have a KURI TEC Kuriyama Spray hose 200' X 1/2" ID  K413112200 and it's time to replace it due to wear and age. I like the hose and it held up quite well. But before I purchase a new one, does any have recommendations? We operate a 12V pump.

http://www.advantageroofcleaning.com/roof-and-siding-cleaning-in-naperville-illinois-dupage-county/

If it's not broke don't fix it. Years ago I switched my hoses to a bigger heavier hose. They were just bigger and heavier not better. I never worry about my Kuri tec hose

I am thinking of switching to kuri-tec hose in 5/8" for my 12v setup. I've just been trying to get the usable life out of the hose I have now before doing so. I know that time is nearing an end, so I'm looking into what to use. 

I'm curious about the fittings. Will these screw directly onto a 12v pump head with 1/2" threaded outlets, or do I need to cut the hoses and use barbed fittings? That's the one thing I'm not sure about. 

Kevin, let's see that 200' 3/4" Id Flex Tech RT with 316 Stainless Steel hose ends and the matching jump hose we sent you!

You'll see it as soon as UPS delivers Gorilla Reel's new Fat Gorilla model made in response to needing bigger reels for bigger/longer hoses. 

I should have the first two off the production line  next week.