Advantage Roof Cleaning

Time to replace the KURI TEC Kuriyama Spray hose

Hey guys,

I have a KURI TEC Kuriyama Spray hose 200' X 1/2" ID  K413112200 and it's time to replace it due to wear and age. I like the hose and it held up quite well. But before I purchase a new one, does any have recommendations? We operate a 12V pump.

http://www.advantageroofcleaning.com/roof-and-siding-cleaning-in-naperville-illinois-dupage-county/

Hey guys,

I have a KURI TEC Kuriyama Spray hose 200' X 1/2" ID  K413112200 and it's time to replace it due to wear and age. I like the hose and it held up quite well. But before I purchase a new one, does any have recommendations? We operate a 12V pump.

http://www.advantageroofcleaning.com/roof-and-siding-cleaning-in-naperville-illinois-dupage-county/

Lori from PWP has some new hose that is supposed to be da shit

Hey guys,

I asked Kevin the same question awhile back, and he said Kuritec is the best, hands down. I personally would like to know what the "runner-up" is though.

When we need it (and we have not used that system for a few years now) we use a FB.  But that's only part of it.  In short, that system is maximized for distance.  100' of 1" hose, laid out in as straight of a line as possible, with the smallest increase in elevation as possible.   Then if it's really a long distance shot, a PVC extension wand.  If we're still short, then crank up the pressure on the FB and hope she holds together! 

That hose is a bit heavy when full of mix, and is cumbersome, but man it'll reach way out there!

We've had the Flex Tech RT for a while now.  It is incredible.  It is NOT STIFF like the yellow and orange ag hoses.  It comes soft and pliable with an incredibly tough cover, it is like an ag hose but better because it feels like a rubber hose.  We carry it in 1/2", 5/8" 3/4" and 1".   We finally started carrying full time it again after a customer, whom beats the hell out of his equipment, came back to us to order more after 6+ years of heavy duty commercial work.  The layline was still visible on the hose toward the reel with the date codes.

Kuriyama is a brand just like General Motors.  Within that brand are many types of Kuri Tec hose.  I carry the red and blue Kuriyama Kuri Tec 1136 & 1138 multi-purpose air and water chemical application hose and the ultra deluxe, general purpose PVC air and water Kuriyama 1156 light blue chemical application hose.  I can get pretty much any Kuriyama hose and crimp on just about any fitting.  The red and blue Kuri Tec chemical hose has an awesome price and will pay for itself!  It does the job and lasts a long time.  The Kuriyama deluxe hose is incredible for the 1" AODD pumps or for use as the BEST garden hose you can buy.

I carry Spiralite Ag hoses as well.  Ag hose is stiff when you buy it and it takes a minimum of a month of daily use to break it in no matter what the pressure rating or bend radius may be for that particular line.

The Flex Tech RT in red, blue or yellow beats both the Kuri Tec multi-purpose red and blue chemical application hose and all the yellow, green and orange ag hose out there.  The feedback proves that it is an incredible hose!   It has the feel of a rubber hose just like the deluxe Kuriyama light blue hose.  The hose does't react to temperature changes as abruptly as the ag hoses and low grade hoses seem to react.  The hose is super durable and resists catching on sharp flashing, corners or gutters.  One of my customers ran sharp blade against the hose to check it's durability and it passed.  He uses 2 rolls of 400' continuous feet of 5/8" ID hose Flex Tech RT in red and blue off his 1" All-Flo AODD pump!  

Lori, what's the difference between the blue Flex Tech RT and the light blue Kuriyama hose?

Flex Tech is excellent. Go with 5/8" or 3/4" if you want to maximize your distance. Basic pump physics. 

Kuri-Tech Blue...Run. Run far away. We got 3 months out of it after Lori sold us a reel. Kinks easy, tore, SUPER Heavy. Terrible stuff. 

Here is the deal. It's like saying all Dodge vehicles run for three months and die.  It is not correct.  We need to identify the line of hose and not the brand.

The light blue Kuriyama Kuri Tec is very similar to the Flex Tech RT but maybe a little more flexible.

I have had many blue and red Kuri Tec in 3-8, 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" ID's users that have had their hoses for 5 plus years and have been extremely satisfied.  When given the choice, they go back to the red and blue.

In hose production, there are sometimes bad runs....JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN LIFE.  Sometimes we buy lemons.  We want to know when you have a lemon, IMMEDIATELY.  We take care of those problems.

Kevin, it would have been nice if you contacted us directly so that we may have rectified the situation.  We have no way of helping you with a bad run of hose unless we are notified directly by you.  

Bad runs include hose that separates, splits, develops pin-holes when placed into use and pre-mature failure.  All of the softwash hose that we offer is rated 'A' for use with all of the chems used in roof cleaning and softwashing.

We always welcome both positive a negative feedback on all of the products we carry.  Of course, we prefer the courtesy of direct communication regarding a product purchased from us.

Edited by PressureWasherProducts
Typo

The red and blue Kuriyama Kuri Tec is the classic softwash hose that we've sold for many years.  It is offered at a great price.  The red and blue Kuri Tec 1156 is described as follows:

Series K1156 General Purpose PVC Air & Water Hose

A general purpose PVC air and water hose for in plant and outdoor applications in temperate climate conditions.
The Kuriyama Kuri Tec light blue is a really nice hose that feels like rubber but is most often offered by us in 3/4" ID.

POLYAIR® Series K1136 Multi-Purpose Air & Water Hose

Our high quality flexible PVC compounds are uniquely blended to make this hose look and feel like comparable rubber hose and stay flexible at low temperatures. Its light weight makes it an ideal hose for air tool applications.
  • RoHS - The product complies with the requirements of the EU directive 2002/95/EC which is on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.

Lori, would you mind posting a picture of the inside of one of those sections of Flex Tech RT? Looks like good stuff, and I respect and value Kevin's opinion, so that's probably what I'll be going with when I upgrade.

Thank you!

We honor and respect Kevin as well.  

Of the hoses we offer, I always recommend the light blue Kuriyama Kuri Tec or the Flex Tech RT.  Before purchasing 3/4" ID hose, get out your 3/4" ID garden  hose, fill it with water and get up on your ladder to experience the new hose ID. 

Many of you have called about switching to 3/4" ID and I NEVER EVER want anyone to be disappointed in a purchase.  We pride ourselves on offering the best products, based heavily on your feedback.

We offered only the red and blue Kuriyama Kuri Tec for the longest time until we were able to find different hoses for you based on your needs and of course, feedback.

the pics below are showing 5/8 red and blue and 3/4 blue Flex Tech RT.  The hoses are available in 1/2", 5/8" 3/4" hose ID's in yellow, red and blue.

IMG_4726.PNG

Great....Thank you! 

I was a firefighter for 15 years, so I'm very knowledgeable and experienced with spraying large volumes of water from ladders. My mindset is that I'd rather deal with a 3/4 line and work from the ladder than have to take some foolish risk on too steep of a roof because I can't reach that last foot and a half before the peak due to a small hose and pump. (I like to think I would never be that foolish, but I'm sure there's someone somewhere in a wheelchair, or worse,  who did it "just this once")

Plus, during my FF career, a 3/4 line was the smallest thing we used (and, of course, it was the cheapest, heaviest stuff they could buy) and that was like taking a break, LOL. 

Here is the deal. It's like saying all Dodge vehicles run for three months and die.  It is not correct.  We need to identify the line of hose and not the brand.

The light blue Kuriyama Kuri Tec is very similar to the Flex Tech RT but maybe a little more flexible.

I have had many blue and red Kuri Tec in 3-8, 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" ID's users that have had their hoses for 5 plus years and have been extremely satisfied.  When given the choice, they go back to the red and blue.

In hose production, there are sometimes bad runs....JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN LIFE.  Sometimes we buy lemons.  We want to know when you have a lemon, IMMEDIATELY.  We take care of those problems.

Kevin, it would have been nice if you contacted us directly so that we may have rectified the situation.  We have no way of helping you with a bad run of hose unless we are notified directly by you.  

Bad runs include hose that separates, splits, develops pin-holes when placed into use and pre-mature failure.  All of the softwash hose that we offer is rated 'A' for use with all of the chems used in roof cleaning and softwashing.

We always welcome both positive a negative feedback on all of the products we carry.  Of course, we prefer the courtesy of direct communication regarding a product purchased from us.

I appreciate that Lori. Problem is...I did contact you guys at the time... I'll leave it at that. I've been running the Flex Tech RT for some time now and have had excelellent luck. Sent many clients you way and told them to get it from you. I have enough on my plate without building hose! 

Edited by PeakOfPerfection