Curb Appeal Pros LLC

Eaton Air Compressor review 31 CFM

Hey Guys as I told you before we are doing a lot of videos on how to build rigs and reviewing products. Here is a video of a Eaton air compressor that we use to run our 1 In pumps.

Check it out and make sure you like and subscribe and we will keep doing them as long as you you guys find value in them!

Our Youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZXhqD80UTr1iqHX9JhrP0w and it has several review and how to videos on our channel already.

Thanks

Here is the link to the video!

Edited by Curb Appeal Pros LLC

Hey Chris its like 700 LB heavy nothing 1 guys cant lift right? JK! We have another Eaton Compressor its a smaller one but anytime there is an issue they just send us the parts so Id imagine it would be that same. For example lets say the compressor cracks.. I would imagine they would just send us another compressor ( not motor or tank) Our old compressor we had a bad pressure regulator and they just mailed us a new one. We also had some ball valves so bad when draining 1 of the tanks and they just mail it.. They seem to have great customer service Ill let you know if we ever manage to break it!

Ive been recommending their compressors for a while now. Great company to work with. US made. Killer warranty. 

One thing you can do is stack the 20 CFM wheelbarrow compressors. Cheapest way to get 40 CFM. That is where the 1" pumps really wake up and start getting happy. 

We talked to Eaton and they strongly recommend  not to stack compressors and in our experience 20 CFM seems to be plenty 30 is almost over kill. However  we rinse with a 1 in pump and if you stack even the Eaton even tho they say not to 20 gallons of air is not enough to rinse with you just run out of air to fast. We also own the wheel barrow compressor from them it's plenty to push a 1 in pump we shoot 4 story building so for the new guys I dont think they need to get caught up in large cfm compressors. Just our opinion. 20 CFM per Eaton and Aro says 1 CFM is equal give or take to 1 GPM so 20 GPM is plenty with a 20cfm compressor. Now you wont get 20 GPM due to nozzle restriction or hose size.

Do you rinse and apply your solution at the same time from this new compressor... ???

Basically split it would be 15.5 cfm to each pump... I personally like the idea of rinsing from a 1" pump and using only 1 source to push it if this is the case...

Looks great Don... !!!

Do you rinse and apply your solution at the same time from this new compressor... ???

Basically split it would be 15.5 cfm to each pump... I personally like the idea of rinsing from a 1" pump and using only 1 source to push it if this is the case...

Looks great Don... !!!

Yeah we use 2 1in pumps 1 for applying chem and 1 for rinsing.. However you have to have a large air tank to rinse with a 1in pump. We could not rinse with out 20 cfm 10 gallon compressor because it ran out of air way to quick

Yeah we use 2 1in pumps 1 for applying chem and 1 for rinsing.. However you have to have a large air tank to rinse with a 1in pump. We could not rinse with out 20 cfm 10 gallon compressor because it ran out of air way to quick

That's good to know... Please correct me if I am wrong, but, does 1 CFM equal 1 GPM... ??? ( meaning at a 15.5 split... it would be rinsing at 15.5 gpm... / which is more than an 8 gpm pressure washer for rinsing... ???

I am moving back to NC this coming Saturday so it is now time to start setting up my flat bed for the 2017 season... Looking forward to getting started with the right set up... !!!

That's good to know... Please correct me if I am wrong, but, does 1 CFM equal 1 GPM... ??? ( meaning at a 15.5 split... it would be rinsing at 15.5 gpm... / which is more than an 8 gpm pressure washer for rinsing... ???

Nope. There are a lot more variables than that. Depends on the pump, the hose length and size. Each pump is different. You can look at a performance curve to get an idea of what kind of output you'll be getting from X pump with X CFM at X head pressure. As a general rule, 1" pumps need a minimum of 20 CFM. But there are big differences between 1" pumps. A 1" ARO is NOT the same thing as a 1" Sandpiper S1F. There are wide variances in efficiency and air requirements between the different pumps.

I can run two of my twin pump modules for a total of 20 GPM open flow with 10 CFM. Same thing with a Sandpiper S1F takes about 25 CFM. Takes 16 CFM on a 1" Price.

The diaphragm can also have a big impact on output. Running a Santoprene diaphragm will give you about 15-30% more output per CFM than a Teflon diaphragm.  

I agree to a certain point. Hose size and length of hose matters on how much flow and distance you will get. 20 CFM may be on the low side for a 1in pump however it's plenty enough power to use with a 1 in pump. For example 1 truck has a 20cfm air compressor and it shoots over 3 stories using our 1in pump  so saying you need over 20 CFM is not entirely true. He'll 60 CFM would be a beast however it's not needed or a must have. As far as a Santoprene pump giving you up to 30% more output I am going to have to disagree.  I am not sure how the difference In material would be less effective when it comes to flow or distance.  In front of me  I have 2 new ARO pumps 1 is Teflon and 1 is Santoprene and they are both rated at 53 GPM. I went over the data sheets and and I could not find 1 thing that suggest my Santoprene pump has more output power than my Teflon pump. I guess this is were it comes down to personal opinion but I just wanted to clear up this info for any new guys reading this that you don't need a 30 or 60 CFM compressor to run a 1 in pump or to have it do a good job. We clean 2 story houses with walkout basements all day with our 20cfm compressor and new pumps such as my ARO are a lot more efficient that a 10 to 20 year old pump..

Last thing as far as the GPM is equal to CFM rule.. if you contact any pump manufacture they will tell you 1 CFM is generally equal to 1 GPM but yes some factors come into play like nozzle size,  hose size, what pump you have but I can tell you that for our systems rinsing with our 1 in pump is by far superior than rinsing with our 10 GPM pressure washer..