Clean Exterior

What type of roof is this?

I'm going to give this local bank a price to clean their roof but I wanted to get your thoughts on what type of roof it might be and how to clean it. It looks like slate from the ground but I'm assuming its a composite of some sort. Is this cleaned like asphalt shingles or would a lower mix be the way to go? 

Bank Roof.jpg

Bank Roof 2.jpg

Yes, Slate cleans up really nice. I used about 30 gallons of mix @40% on this side of the roof (north side) and used no surfactant. I probably could have used less mix if I added surfactant but the slate here is over 130 years old.  IMG_2856.CR2 IMG_2895.CR2 IMG_2903.CR2

And Chris, the patina'd copper ridge cap wasn't affected, still green. Client is Super Super happy, Said it was a miracle.

IMG_2903.JPG

I see you used a lift. I was temped to rent a lift for a job last year just to try it. My concern with a lift is that most of time, I would not be able to move it to the back of the house. What is your experience?

http://advantageroofcleaning.com/what-are-those-black-streaks-on-my-roof-roof-cleaning-willowbrook-illinois-in-dupage-county/

I had to use a lift on this roof. Being 130+ years old and the interior was refurbished about 10 years ago, I didnt want to risk spraying and rinsing up the roof, never want to do that anyways. Plus it made it so much easier and faster. Cleaned whole roof including steeple, garage and north side of the rectory in less than 3 days. The hardest part was putting down 2x10s for the lift wheels so we didnt ruin the grass. The lift oes pretty good around tight corners but there does nee to be some space for the lift to swing around the corner.