Spray gun choice

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys...

What is your choice preference for your spray application... ???

Ball valves or some type of spray gun... ???

I understand from what I have read that the spray guns will eventually break and have a higher cost than a ball valve, but, opening a ball valve on top of an extended ladder normally takes 2 hands correct... ???

To me a spray gun of some type seems to be more safe considering you can have complete stop or go power on demand while being able to hold onto the ladder with the other hand...

Your guys thoughts...

Thank you... !!!

Posted

I used a spray gun at first.. Its easier to hold and use but they are only 1/2 so you restrict flow and when they break its expensive I think the guns are 30 bucks each plus the pvc parts you have to buy. We use a 3/4 ball valve and you get WAY more flow than you do out of the gun. So we use the ball valve you do have to use 2 hands but how much flow you get out of it is worth it if you ask me. We use a banjo 3/4 ball with a 2 in pvc nipple then we reduce it down to 1/4 to fit out banger nozzles..

JetBlueRacer likes this

Posted

I used a spray gun at first.. Its easier to hold and use but they are only 1/2 so you restrict flow and when they break its expensive I think the guns are 30 bucks each plus the pvc parts you have to buy. We use a 3/4 ball valve and you get WAY more flow than you do out of the gun. So we use the ball valve you do have to use 2 hands but how much flow you get out of it is worth it if you ask me. We use a banjo 3/4 ball with a 2 in pvc nipple then we reduce it down to 1/4 to fit out banger nozzles..

You go from 3/4" ball valve to a 2" wand that reduces to 1/4" ???

I will be using the 1/2" Yamada NVT with a 5/8" chem line utilizing the Eaton 9 HP compressor... Hopefully that'll do the trick ... From what I have studied... It should pump out nicely...

Posted

We started out using a spray wand. Unfortunately it is very delicate and after you drop and break it a couple of times you will want to switch to a ball valve.

JetBlueRacer likes this

Posted

You go from 3/4" ball valve to a 2" wand that reduces to 1/4" ???

I will be using the 1/2" Yamada NVT with a 5/8" chem line utilizing the Eaton 9 HP compressor... Hopefully that'll do the trick ... From what I have studied... It should pump out nicely...

no you have a 3/4 ball valve hooked up to your chem hose.. THEN on the other side you would have say a 3/4 2in nipple. Then you need to reduce that down to 1/4 so you can put on your 1/4 quick connect for your banger nozzles. 

JetBlueRacer likes this