Hello guys,

I tried a little mad scientist experiment. According to someone that commented on one of these forums, mixing table salt with gain improves viscosity, I bought a small sample size and tried it. Did notice a little difference but not much. Anyone else had any luck with this? Ps, glad to know gain is chlorine stable, but what about joy and dawn?

Yes, Joy is chlorine stable. The salt works better in some dishsoaps then others as a thickener, try it with joy and dawn.

Jeff   

I was looking into buying 55 gallon barrel of Ammonyx MO through Univar. They gave me an information sheet,..and part of the information explains how to get to a desired viscosity,..adding Sodium Chloride until desired viscosity is reached.  I personally did this with SLS by mistake,..I added NAOH to some SLS and it made it so thick I couldn't even stir it.  After doing some research I learned that many companies will add simple salt to improve thickness of a product to make it seem more concentrated. 

*I've been using Gain on house washes,..and it works as well as elemonator I've been using. Suds up nice and cleans very well.  With that said,..I've said it in the past numerous times,...general house washing isn't that hard,..many surfactants will work equally. I may be switching to Gain for my house washing soap.  At half the cost it does make a difference at some point.  

Although elemonator does work well,...The ONLY reason I was using elemonator was because of the fresh lemon smell,..I think other products work equally as well as I stated above,..and the savings is worth sacrificing the smell.  It didn't hide the smell in the bleach anyhow,..it just smelled nice in the dip bucket we use for brushes. 

Jeff

I was looking into buying 55 gallon barrel of Ammonyx MO through Univar. They gave me an information sheet,..and part of the information explains how to get to a desired viscosity,..adding Sodium Chloride until desired viscosity is reached.  I personally did this with SLS by mistake,..I added NAOH to some SLS and it made it so thick I couldn't even stir it.  After doing some research I learned that many companies will add simple salt to improve thickness of a product to make it seem more concentrated. 

*I've been using Gain on house washes,..and it works as well as elemonator I've been using. Suds up nice and cleans very well.  With that said,..I've said it in the past numerous times,...general house washing isn't that hard,..many surfactants will work equally. I may be switching to Gain for my house washing soap.  At half the cost it does make a difference at some point.  

Although elemonator does work well,...The ONLY reason I was using elemonator was because of the fresh lemon smell,..I think other products work equally as well as I stated above,..and the savings is worth sacrificing the smell.  It didn't hide the smell in the bleach anyhow,..it just smelled nice in the dip bucket we use for brushes. 

Jeff

If anyone remembers Prell Shampoo, it was always 3 times as thick as other shampoo's. Hey,  remember when everyone was trying to make foam to clean roofs with ?

Hey guys, I had a couple quick questions about surfacants. First off, do you guys prefer the EZ Cling or Roof cling? I figure they're both really the same product. Also, do you suggest the gain/pinalen for scenting purposes? 

I have never used either of the two surfactants you speak of.  However, both Roof Snot and the one sold by Pressure Washer Products here in Florida both work well. If you call the place here in Florida, and ask for Lori, she can tell you where to buy your cover up fragrance from. If not, then Russ Johnson, who makes the Roof Snot, has a scent cover all ready to go. 

I have never used either of the two surfactants you speak of.  However, both Roof Snot and the one sold by Pressure Washer Products here in Florida both work well. If you call the place here in Florida, and ask for Lori, she can tell you where to buy your cover up fragrance from. If not, then Russ Johnson, who makes the Roof Snot, has a scent cover all ready to go. 

I completely looked over that product! Looks like it's the perfect fit! 

Now just gotta figure out my pull-behind skid, thanks a boat load!