JetBlueRacer

Herculiner bed coating

Happy Holidays Forum...

I was walking in Lowes today and I had accidentally bumped into the product called Herculiner...

It states it is chemically resistant... Also, rolls on which is nice... Looks great and affordable...

Anyone ever try it out... ???

I want to coat my new diamond plate flatbed before I place any equipment / solutions on it... What poly matting are you talking about... ???

I am also thinking about building a skid that I can place on top of my flatbed to eliminate holes... Possibly even tie down with ratchet straps... It would be nice to take all of the equipment off if I ever needed too... Most importantly I want to make sure my flatbed does not get destroyed...

I have noticed Plasti-dip but that only looks like it comes in a spray... I would like to control by rolling versus spraying in the wind... Looking for something quick, easy and effective... !!!

I want to coat my new diamond plate flatbed before I place any equipment / solutions on it... What poly matting are you talking about... ???

I am also thinking about building a skid that I can place on top of my flatbed to eliminate holes... Possibly even tie down with ratchet straps... It would be nice to take all of the equipment off if I ever needed too... Most importantly I want to make sure my flatbed does not get destroyed...

I have noticed Plasti-dip but that only looks like it comes in a spray... I would like to control by rolling versus spraying in the wind... Looking for something quick, easy and effective... !!!

we use this big poly mat thats like rubber diamond plate. We get it made its cheap big and you can sit 12 % on it all day and its still perfect. Howerver if your trying to run it up the walls on a pick up you may have issues..

You can get Plasti-dip by the gallon, but only in black, I believe. I forget where I saw it, but you should be able to find it in a google search.

Nope. Dip Your Car Plastidip.  DYC has every color of Plastidip known to man in gallons including a ton of products you've probably never even heard of. You want it in Pearlescent, Metallic, Color Changing? They've got it. They also have a Plastidip specific spray gun. 

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

I got a response directly from Plasti-Dip and rolling is out of the question because it is flammable... She stated that from the friction of rolling it is possible to catch a spark and cause an ignition... Yikes... !!!

I got a response directly from Plasti-Dip and rolling is out of the question because it is flammable... She stated that from the friction of rolling it is possible to catch a spark and cause an ignition... Yikes... !!!

Talk about corporate CYA! Just how many times have you rolled paint on an seen sparks flying? Most finishes are flammable unless you are talking water base latex. Anything good enough to go on exterior metal will probably be flammable. Spraying is a better option due to more even coating and less material use but rolling should be no problem The Dip Your Car guns can be had on Ebay pretty cheap if you want to spray. 

To be precise she said it is flammable in a liquid state, but, great for spraying or brushing... Brushing to me is also in a liquid state and if you had tooooo many RedBulls ... You might get wings... !!!

Talk about corporate CYA! Just how many times have you rolled paint on an seen sparks flying? Most finishes are flammable unless you are talking water base latex. Anything good enough to go on exterior metal will probably be flammable. Spraying is a better option due to more even coating and less material use but rolling should be no problem The Dip Your Car guns can be had on Ebay pretty cheap if you want to spray. 

I agree with you... I would like to try it though on some type of metal to see how it at least rolls and covers... If it stays smooth and does not glob up and what not... !!!

Nope. Dip Your Car Plastidip.  DYC has every color of Plastidip known to man in gallons including a ton of products you've probably never even heard of. You want it in Pearlescent, Metallic, Color Changing? They've got it. They also have a Plastidip specific spray gun. 

I stand corrected. Good to know!

Anyone ever use LineX... if so... how does it work against SH considering they say it is chemical resistant... ???

I called lineX a while back and they did say it stands up to 12%  bleach and would be covered by their warranty. However its really expensive and if it goes over wood it will chip you might be ok if its going in a truck bed if not just use a rubber mat

I called lineX a while back and they did say it stands up to 12%  bleach and would be covered by their warranty. However its really expensive and if it goes over wood it will chip you might be ok if its going in a truck bed if not just use a rubber mat

I need to coat my flatbed dually... Just the flat part... not the entire bed itself... I like that they say it holds up to 12% bleach... will buzz them to get a quote... Thanks

I need to coat my flatbed dually... Just the flat part... not the entire bed itself... I like that they say it holds up to 12% bleach... will buzz them to get a quote... Thanks

NP if its for the flat part man get the rubber mat.. We use it, works AMAZING and its only like 200 bucks and you cant hurt the mat if you wanted to! Just an idea

if you are putting a spray rig or Chem storage in the bed of your truck, The sealed, externally vented, externally filled tank system is just as valid in a pickup or flatbed truck as if is on any other transport vehicle. Even if you Coat the bed, the fumes can still get to the running gear. For about $50 in materials, if doesn't make sense not to. The fill is run off the side or back instead of down through the floor. You put a valve at the end. The vent line should be run as far to the back and down close to the ground as possible. 

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

Don't cheat on the mat. Go with the heavy duty mats similar to Rubber Queen. You won't regret the investment. Check with your local Industrial ladder supply or similar company which provides the custom van and truck storage organizers.

My "Rubber Queen" diamond pattern mat is a little over fourteen yrs old and still looks excellent. Of course, Mine is inside a cargo trailer. It was $185.00 back then.

Mike