Need some help here.

I was cleaning rust and creosote off from asphalt shingles on sunday using Barc f9 at 1:1 . Very heavy deposits. My problem is, the f9 left the aluminum snow shield with dark streaks. The aluminum was oxidized but now just looks like crap. 

I asked Craig from f9 and he suggested Mothers aluminum polish with a soft polish ball. Im sure it would work but I dont want a shiny polished look. My client didnt really seem too concerned with it but I just wont leave it like that.

Im looking for a spray on rinse off cleaner.

Looked at Bar Keepers Friend. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

I would use Oxalic acid. F9 works, but expensive. I cleaned a roof with heavy rust stains and creosote, the oxalic did great. It will take a few times, but works. And, keep everything downstream wet. That way you will not have streaking on anything.

I havent tried oxalic acid, I should.

It took 3 coats with f9 at 1:1 but as I said it was real heavy deposits of mostly creosote which has built up for about 15 years. 

F9 isnt really too expensive compared to other chemicals. The expensive part for me is the shipping costs.

Never using oxalic Im not sure what the costs are or how it compares to f9.

Yes Ted I will suggest to my client to paint the metal stack. Its galvanized steel, could be aluminum its polished and only about 24" tall. Single story ranch. 

So my main concern now is the discolored aluminum. I could clean with an aluminum polish and use a metal etching chemical to help make it look closer to the rest of the oxidized snow shield or just clean it up and tell them it will oxidize over time.

Edited by ReNew Roof & Exterior cleaning

RIRAY   

I did a roof with heavy rust stains and it has come out almost completely using ox. I seem to be getting more roofs with rust stains from the chimney stack. I have added a before and after. The ox is far less expensive than the F9 and works really well.  

20160924_171643.jpg

20160925_175248.jpg