1st Choice Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning

The best ladder stand off / stabilizer...?

Anyone out there have there input on ladder standoffs? I have a Werner but was wondering if there was one better and why? Looks like to me one that would get you further away from the roof would be better. Any recommendations? 

buy this they are the best and cheap

https://www.amazon.com/Qualcraft-2470-Corner-Aluminum-Stabilizer/dp/B0000224LP/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471455057&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=coner+buddy

I agree this a good one but with all ladder stabilizers I advise using heavy duty cable ties or wire to make sure the thing stays on your ladder in the event one of the brackets break, etc. and also on this particular one to prevent it from rolling flat to the ladder. 

This...

Ladder Max Ladder Stabilizer

Adjustable so it can be placed at any rungs (always have at least two rungs ABOVE the edge of the roof if you are getting on and off the roof). 

I know that is the standard advice for getting on and off a roof but after observing various roofers I noticed they don't do it like that. They have the ladder just past the edge of the roof. I tried it their way and for me, it's much easier and safer than trying to swing on or off of the ladder. 

I know that is the standard advice for getting on and off a roof but after observing various roofers I noticed they don't do it like that. They have the ladder just past the edge of the roof. I tried it their way and for me, it's much easier and safer than trying to swing on or off of the ladder. 

I find it just the opposite on the few times I get up on roofs anymore these days. Best solution is this...

Guardian Ladder Extender

They make getting on and off the ladder a pure joy. Particularly important on really steep pitches. 

I like the Werner. I've used them for years.  I have a Ladder Max too, and while I like the way it works, it's too heavy. I like how lightweight the Werner is, especially when it's on a long ladder. I like how it still puts the ladder close to the gutter but not touching it.  

What I DON'T like are the tips. They fall off all the time so all mine now have tape on them and look like junk. I haven't used those corner standoffs but I know a lot of people do. Why do people use the corner ones on the roof? It seems the wider stance of the other types would be better. 

This...

Ladder Max Ladder Stabilizer

Adjustable so it can be placed at any rungs (always have at least two rungs ABOVE the edge of the roof if you are getting on and off the roof). 

Agree with Kevin, hands down the best there is out there, and safest.  You can actually stand on top of it, on the top rung, and its not going to collapse in. 

I find it just the opposite on the few times I get up on roofs anymore these days. Best solution is this...

Guardian Ladder Extender

They make getting on and off the ladder a pure joy. Particularly important on really steep pitches. 

These would seem to be great holding onto while spraying... Great accessory... !!!