Sign in to follow this  
Ultimate Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing

How long for tree to Die?

I did a job on June 24th. Watered a ton and collected run off. I got an email and the guy asked if the chemicals can do this. I emailed him back with a Few questions. This was over 6 weeks ago. I know my over spray was not this bad. I'm thinking if anything the roots.. It has almost Ben a record dry season here the past month. So if he wasn't watering then I'm thinking it could be that as well. What's your two cents based on the information?

image.png

I spoke with a 40 year veteran in plant specialties and landscaping. Conclusion; guy didn't water enough during this drought. The customer thought that the sprinkler twice a week was fine. Lol. At minimum the arborvitae trees need 2" of water each week. Didn't meet the requirements.

Arborvitaes are very chlorine sensitive.  They're also very sodium sensitive, ie you can wipe one out with direct chlorine contact (systemic or otherwise) as well as via salt run off via the down spouts long after the treatment.   It seems that there are other arborvitaes in the picture behind the brown one.

I think that you got lucky on this one  :-)

Geraniums, hydrangeas, burning bushes and clematis are also VERY sensitive.