I remember somewhere on the forum where someone was talking about a particular water hose being the best to have. I'm not sure the reasons why and can't seem to even find the discussion. Could someone fill me in on which and why. Is it because it doesn't kink as bad ect... Thanks, Harold

We use 2 different size Fireman Nozzles, a big and a smaller one. The big fireman nozzles are useless as balls on a Priest on homes with low` water pressure :( We buy them locally here at Big Lots in Tampa, but you can sometimes find the smaller ones on Ebay. 

You guys don't have trouble with mean green kinking? The kinking drove me nuts.  I'm in love with the Flexzilla garden hose so soft and flexible.

Mean Green is an awesome hose overall but it kinks at every opportunity especially when it's hot out! Fortunately it unkinks easily.

Mean Green is an awesome hose overall but it kinks at every opportunity especially when it's hot out! Fortunately it unkinks easily.

Yes, it does kink a little, but because it is so lightweight, it unkinks fast. I swear, with the 3/4 inch mean green, and a house with great water pressure, you could almost pressure wash. Back when we went from the 5/8 mean green to the 3/4, a lot of plant damage stopped! 

We buy the heavy duty stuff, and this company finally got it right with the 'contractor' grade.  (Prior hoses made by these folks kinked, badly.  This one does not.)  Heavy as hell, and stiff.  GOOD STUFF.  To us, weight is moot because we make one run to a buffer tank and we're done with it until the job is complete.  Untangling hoses takes time and time is money  :-)

Great 3/4' hose, purchased locally

American_ProTech.png

Factory Direct has been out of stock of the mean green for months now.... It's frustrating... They said they're waiting on the supplier and have no clue what the hold up is.

Factory Direct has been out of stock of the mean green for months now.... It's frustrating... They said they're waiting on the supplier and have no clue what the hold up is.

There IS an alternative. Elay, the same people who make the killer portable reels, has Polyurethane Garden hose. They only go to 170 ft because that is the maximum size you can get to fit on one of their reels. 

We are a dealer for them but can only sell to you direct if you are local...otherwise you can get it off their website. 

Elay Polyurethane Hose

There IS an alternative. Elay, the same people who make the killer portable reels, has Polyurethane Garden hose. They only go to 170 ft because that is the maximum size you can get to fit on one of their reels. 

We are a dealer for them but can only sell to you direct if you are local...otherwise you can get it off their website. 

Elay Polyurethane Hose

Thanks, fairly close in comparison to the quality of a Mean Green?

The company is actually  "Eley"and I don't know about the hose BUT the shutoffs and quick connects are excellent! They are big, heavy and very well made. No leaks-none. Guaranteed for 10 years. 

My guess is the hose is a great hose. 

The company is actually  "Eley"and I don't know about the hose BUT the shutoffs and quick connects are excellent! They are big, heavy and very well made. No leaks-none. Guaranteed for 10 years. 

My guess is the hose is a great hose. 

I think I'm going to have to just give it a shot regardless, unless the mean green becomes available asap. Factory direct couldn't give me any info on when they'll have it, so hopefully this "Eley" turns out great