I was wondering how to get "incoming links" ?

I have a website and paid GoDaddy to optimize it, but it's still not showing on a Google Search?

Maybe I need incoming links-whatever they are? Anyone know how I should start?

Found this info:

Google looks at your content. If the content is good, then your on your
way of being #1. Google also look at your incoming links. That means
which web sites are linking to you. This determines your PageRank which
is another factor of the results.

Sites I would like to optimize with incoming links are-

1. FLORIDA ROOF WASHING BY CHUCK BERGMAN
    pressurecleaningbychuckbergman.webs.com/
    Chuck Bergman Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing has been serving Charlotte and Sarasota Counties in Florida since 1991 { Prior to that as ...
    You've visited this page many times. Last visit: 3/14/13
    BERGMAN CHUCK SOFT WASH ROOF CLEANING & PRESSURE ...
    bergman-chuck-roof-cleaning-soft-wash.blogspot.com/.../berg...
    Jan 30, 2011 – Bergman's Non Pressure "SOFT WASH" Roof Cleaning, Florida This is Chuck Bergman's Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing Information ...
    You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 3/11/13
    Bergman Chuck Gentle Roof Cleaning. Also Pressure Washing. 33981
    www.bergmanpressurewashing.com/
    Chuck Bergman Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning has been serving Charlotte and Sarasota counties since 1991. We clean roofs just as the roofing ...
    7 Google reviews - Write a review
    Doug Rucker rated it excellent. 
      5282 Johnson Terrace  Port Charlotte, FL 33981
    (941) 698-1959
    Chuck Bergman Asphalt Shingle Roof Clean 34224 33981 | LinkedIn
    www.linkedin.com/pub/chuck-bergman-asphalt.../942
    Port Charlotte, Florida - Gentle Soft Wash Roof Cleaning Englewood, Venice, Port Charlotte, Rotonda, Florida
    View Chuck Bergman Asphalt Shingle Roof Clean 34224 33981's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping ...

Bergman Power Washing and Manufacturer Method Roof Cleaning ...
    www.manta.com/.../bergman-power-washing-and-manufactur...
    We clean roofs using only manufacturer suggested chemicals and methods. We do pressure washing too, just not on roofing, so your warranty will remain.
    You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 9/26/12

Chuck Bergman Pressure Washing & Soft-Wash Roof Cleaning - Yelp
    www.yelp.com › Home Services › Roofing
    Specialties: Roof Cleaning without the use of a damaging high pressure washing machine. The roofing manufacturers specify exactly what cleaning chemicals ...

how olds your site? it takes a while for google to recheck ranking... its not a one month type of thing... its a year over year kinda thing unless you wanna drop serious cash.. quickest way to jump to the top is threw adwords... and then let your organic ranking grow like its supposed to... 

H hell, this is Chris with his new voice recognition software, I'm still trying to learn the ship, laughing out loud, I said should I said set set, this thing will not allow you to swear.

One day I'll figure out how uses thing, it really is cool it does single dictations as fast as you can talk

I was wondering how to get "incoming links" ?

I have a website and paid GoDaddy to optimize it, but it's still not showing on a Google Search?

Maybe I need incoming links-whatever they are? Anyone know how I should start?

Found this info:

Google looks at your content. If the content is good, then your on your

way of being #1. Google also look at your incoming links. That means

which web sites are linking to you. This determines your PageRank which

is another factor of the results.

Sites I would like to optimize with incoming links are-

1. FLORIDA ROOF WASHING BY CHUCK BERGMAN
    pressurecleaningbychuckbergman.webs.com/
    Chuck Bergman Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing has been serving Charlotte and Sarasota Counties in Florida since 1991 { Prior to that as ...
    You've visited this page many times. Last visit: 3/14/13
    BERGMAN CHUCK SOFT WASH ROOF CLEANING & PRESSURE ...
    bergman-chuck-roof-cleaning-soft-wash.blogspot.com/.../berg...
    Jan 30, 2011 – Bergman's Non Pressure "SOFT WASH" Roof Cleaning, Florida This is Chuck Bergman's Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing Information ...
    Bergman Chuck Gentle Roof Cleaning. Also Pressure Washing. 33981
    www.bergmanpressurewashing.com/
    Chuck Bergman Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning has been serving Charlotte and Sarasota counties since 1991. We clean roofs just as the roofing ...

7 Google reviews - Write a review
    Doug Rucker rated it excellent. 
      5282 Johnson Terrace  Port Charlotte, FL 33981

(941) 698-1959

Chuck Bergman Asphalt Shingle Roof Clean 34224 33981 | LinkedIn
    www.linkedin.com/pub/chuck-bergman-asphalt.../942
    Port Charlotte, Florida - Gentle Soft Wash Roof Cleaning Englewood, Venice, Port Charlotte, Rotonda, Florida
    View Chuck Bergman Asphalt Shingle Roof Clean 34224 33981's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping ...

Bergman Power Washing and Manufacturer Method Roof Cleaning ...
    www.manta.com/.../bergman-power-washing-and-manufactur...
    We clean roofs using only manufacturer suggested chemicals and methods. We do pressure washing too, just not on roofing, so your warranty will remain.
    You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 9/26/12

Chuck Bergman Pressure Washing & Soft-Wash Roof Cleaning - Yelp
    www.yelp.com › Home Services › Roofing
    Specialties: Roof Cleaning without the use of a damaging high pressure washing machine. The roofing manufacturers specify exactly what cleaning chemicals ...

This is what our web developer said to us when we asked the same questions...

"Getting in the Google listings is a 30-45 day process. Google's bot (also known as a spider) indexes the site about 2-3 weeks after launch. Then they begin the process of listing the pages. Not only does it expedite listing, it's a good long term enhancement too! I'll also set you up on a pretty aggressive SEO program which will be an ongoing thing for the next year. It includes full ongoing analysis of your website traffic through Google Analytics.

It's a process that nobody can speed up because it's based on the amount pf pages they index daily, which is huge. Once area where you can gain some faster footing is via Google Maps as well as the BING and Yahoo local directories. That process is quicker."

We just do as he suggests....lol

This is what our web developer said to us when we asked the same questions...

"Getting in the Google listings is a 30-45 day process. Google's bot (also known as a spider) indexes the site about 2-3 weeks after launch. Then they begin the process of listing the pages. Not only does it expedite listing, it's a good long term enhancement too! I'll also set you up on a pretty aggressive SEO program which will be an ongoing thing for the next year. It includes full ongoing analysis of your website traffic through Google Analytics.

It's a process that nobody can speed up because it's based on the amount pf pages they index daily, which is huge. Once area where you can gain some faster footing is via Google Maps as well as the BING and Yahoo local directories. That process is quicker."

We just do as he suggests....lol

None of this is true....

Google is huge beyond comprehension....Google crawls with bots and indexes with programs, not people....so the only limitations they have are those they set for themselves.

Getting a site crawled is a matter of Google finding a link to it on a site that it crawls often. Soon after it crawls the site, it places it in the index. How it ranks when it is first indexed is based on all the same SEO factors every page faces.

I regularly get new sites crawled in days.....on page 1 in days.

95% of all the people mystified by SEO are wallet raped by the 95% of SEO providers that don't have a clue......or perhaps like the easy money.

I built this site in a week.....launched it on 2 Jan. It was crawled in less than 24 hours and landed on 7th spot on it's initial indexing. On day 3 it hit #1 and has been there ever since. I just took the #2 spot with another site I made and it took 4 days to crawl and rank 2nd.

post-40-0-11089000-1364760505_thumb.png

All Aspects Maintenance Ltd.is proud to announce our new website.
In addition to its new design and easy navigation, you the Customer or Client will benefit from its high functionality with a convenient, single file navigation tabs from the home page for pages of your interest. Apart from its unique design, users receives an automatic 10% discount on jobs request that are submitted online. 
Please do enjoy the experience.
www.allaspectsltd.com

I am no expert by any means on google and SEO, but I do have a basic understanding. My son-in-law has a marketing company that helps me with this stuff. If you or anyone needs help with this let me know and I'll get you in touch with him.

If anyone needs some SEO advice, I used to own my own hosted shopping cart software company for 13 years. I learned SEO hard and fast, then ended up being the consultant for over 1300 clients (about 2500 if you count churn rate over that time) I don't like to toot my horn but I thought you might like a little background.

Speaking frankly, my sites could do with A LOT of SEO work, but I set this business up only one year ago and simply haven't had the time. It's taken till now to fill the content very roughly. No effort as yet on backlinks, directories, blog, videos, interlinking etc etc. It does rank page one for a few important terms after only two months from build day though.

Anyway, point is that I'd like to give back a little, so I'm here for any questions if you have them.

Please be specific though, none of this "how can my site rank higher" rubbish ;) That's right.. I will shut you DOOOWWWWN! :)

If anyone needs some SEO advice, I used to own my own hosted shopping cart software company for 13 years. I learned SEO hard and fast, then ended up being the consultant for over 1300 clients (about 2500 if you count churn rate over that time) I don't like to toot my horn but I thought you might like a little background.

Speaking frankly, my sites could do with A LOT of SEO work, but I set this business up only one year ago and simply haven't had the time. It's taken till now to fill the content very roughly. No effort as yet on backlinks, directories, blog, videos, interlinking etc etc. It does rank page one for a few important terms after only two months from build day though.

Anyway, point is that I'd like to give back a little, so I'm here for any questions if you have them.

Please be specific though, none of this "how can my site rank higher" rubbish ;) That's right.. I will shut you DOOOWWWWN! :)

Thanks for offering to help people! We all have something that we bring to the table, and some are only here to take take take from this roof cleaning forum, w/o giving anything back.

Many fail to realize that website loading SPEED is quite important these days, in Google's ranking process.  

Yes and there are about 50 ways to speed it up too. Not simply a better host or less images. It can get pretty tricky but worth it in the end.

This is a website speed test that will tell you what you need to know about how your site compares with others, as far as speed of loading http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/

I use and suggest the YOAST SEO plug in for wordpress (the free one)

Google also offer one. It has fix suggestions

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Unfortunately when you use a third party hosted solution like Weebly, there are limitations to what you can fix :(

Wordpress at least can be fixed

I have about a zillion websites, here is my free Wordpress one http://roofcleaningtampa.wordpress.com/ all about roof cleaning in Tampa. It is free, and it is Wordpress, but it is also limited, compared to my main paid Wordpress site. 

Web Hosting is cheap, I pay 2.50 dollars a month on TMD Hosting for my main website, if you buy 3 years worth of hosting.

I think the goal of every serious roof cleaner should be a self hosted Wordpress website, with the Yoast SEO plug in.

Weebly is way too limited, and because it is a free web platform, many Spam sites originate from it, and some of us feel that can effect Google's ranking of any Weebly site.

Godaddy. Been using them for years. It's a shared linux server, and it's fast. Never really have any issues, great uptime, etc. Obviously a dedicated server would be much more, but like I said, I have half a dozen sites on mine and they all run great. Oh, and it may actually be closer to $175 now, I can't remember. I renew the hosting and the domains, business registration and everything else at the same time.

One of the most basic necessities for developing a winning SEO strategy is improving your Google organic search rankings. Despite the fact that Google constantly tweaks their search engine algorithm, there are some fundamental best practices to get you started on improving it, which will get you into that golden Top 10 on page one and ensure that you are among the first thing potential customers see when using Google search.

1. Define a keyword list – Think about how people would search for your products and services, make a list of these keywords, and check the estimated traffic for each term with a tool like Google’s Keyword Planner. Whittle your list down to the highest-trafficked, most relevant terms.
  2. Good content will win out – Always remember that writing compelling, high-quality content that attracts interest and compels visitors to share it and link back to it is vital. Good content has the best chance of being viral content, and Google rewards content virality heavily in its rankings algorithm.
  3. Create cornerstone pages – If you have 10 pages relating to the same set of keywords, Google will have a hard time determining which page is relevant. Instead, consider merging your content into a single cornerstone page. With one authoritative cornerstone page on a specific topic, there is no SEOconfusion, and you should rank higher.
  4. Use keyword repetition and variation in page content – Creating relevant page content is still the best way to rank high, and a big part of content creation is your use of targeted keywords. Never repeat keywords too often at the expense of good writing, but you should repeat keywords in your content 2-3 times for short pages and 4-6 times for longer pages. Include important keywords in your first 50 words, since early placement can be a signal of relevance.
  5. Optimize your page titles – The <title> HTML tag defines a web page’s title and is meant to be a concise description of that page’s content. Google considers this to be the second-most important on-page SEO element. Keeppage titles under 70 characters, with important keywords in the title, preferably in the beginning. It is also a good idea to include your company name as well towards the end.
  6. Write compelling meta descriptions – The <meta name= description content= > HTML tag is meant to be a concise explanation of a web page’s content and plays a big role in getting clicks from users. Keep your meta descriptions under 150 characters. You should also include target keywords in your text, since any words matching a user’s search query will be displayed in bold.
  7. Use keyword variations as anchor text for internal linking – Using descriptive, relevant anchor text helps Google determine what the page being linked to is about. When you use internal links, you should use anchor text that is a close variation of your target keywords for that page, instead of phrases like click here or download here. But avoid overuse of exact match keywords. Using close variations will help you rank better for more keywords.
  8. Don’t forget about ALT tags – ALT tags are HTML elements used to specify alternative text to display when the element they are applied to (such as images) can’t be rendered. ALT tags can have a strong correlation with Google SEO rankings, so when you have images and other elements on your web pages, be sure to always use a descriptive ALT tag with targeted keywords for that page.
  9. Your URL names matter – Shorter URLs seem to perform better in Google search rankings than longer ones, so keep that in mind when you build your site. Keep slashes to a minimum. You should also include keywords in your URL names, and try to place them closer to your domain name. When you have multiple keywords in your URLs, separate them with hyphens.
  10. No black hat – Black hat SEO refers to the practice of trying to trick the search engines into giving you higher rankings by using unethical tactics, such as buying links. Even if you enjoy a temporary boost in rankings due to black hat tactics, it’s likely to be short lived. Google is getting better and better at spotting dirty tricks and sooner or later the progress you made will be wiped out by an algorithm update, or worse, your site will get removed from the index altogether.
  11. Track your visitors and leads – In order to optimize your SEO results, it’s important to measure the impact of your efforts on web site traffic and lead/sales generation. Google Webmaster Tools can give you important insight into how your site is functioning and identify potential errors you should correct. An analytics tool such as Google’s Universal Analytics is helpful for measuring changes in search traffic as well as tracking visitors interactions with your web site that are a direct result of SEO. Marketing automation tools and call tracking tools (like DialogTech’s call tracking) can help you tie leads and sales back to SEO.
  12. Get social – Social signals are already impacting Google SEO rankings and many industry experts believe that will only increase. If you haven’t already, consider setting up some social media pages such as Google+ and Facebook, and start engaging with your audience.
  13. Have a link-building strategy – Link building is a catchall term for the practice of creating new external links to your site. Beyond creating great content people want to share, guest blogging and asking webmasters from authoritative sites relevant to your business to link back to your pages are great ways to build links. When possible, use keywords are the anchor text for your links, as this will help send signals to Google that your pages are relevant for those terms.
  14. Invest in a mobile-friendly site – Google has announced a mobile-friendly ranking algorithm that will have a significant impact on mobile search results. Seeing as about 50% of all searches done on Google are on mobile devices, the time is now to optimize for mobile and ensure your ranking doesn’t take a hit as a result.

SEO is hard. 

Kyle

Roof Cleaning Victoria BC

Moss Removal Victoria BC

Actually, Google has made it easier then it was. It is all about FRESH CONTENT now, and if you are willing to churn out related articles to what service you provide on a fairly regular basis, you will get good SEO

Your right Chris! I have learned from experience that posting on this forum and other forums have ranked me up to # one/two in my area. Great advice! 

Yes, any links from forums related to what we do will only help, not hurt us.