BEAUTIFUL!  Call the other companies and ask for samples from them.  They are happy to sell directly to the end user.  You are controlling your own mix and saving a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY!  Great Job!

WHERE TO FIND FRAGRANCES TO MASK SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE FOR SOFTWASHING AND ROOF CLEANING

Do you need a fragrance to cover or mask the smell of sodium hypochlorite?  
Do you want to buy it direct from the manufacturer?
Pressure Washer Products is different!  
We were the FIRST ones to carry the sodium hypochlorite stable surfactants.  
Mix the fragrance and a surfactant and watch your savings grow  
Your suppliers are using fragrances supplied by companies such as Horizon Aromatics, Chemia, Nilum or FloraChem.
These companies will be happy to sell directly to you.
Cut out the middle man.  Some of the names of these fragrances are going to sound familiar.
Fragrances range from $0.25 to $14.99 per pound.  
(The more you pay to the manufacturer of the fragrances, 
the stronger the fragrance may be or 
better job the fragrance does of masking the sodium hypochlorite odor.)

Horizon Aromatics:  http://www.horizonaromatics.com/

302-224-8305 or Fax at 610-828-0936
201 East Elm Street
Consohohocken, PA 19428

Products:  Rain Clean Scent   4850-CRC, WS, Fresh & Clean 4850-G, WS, 
Floral Fresh Scent   4850-FR, WS, Apple 4850-APB, WS, Lemon-Lime 4850-L, WS, Pine 4850-PINE, WS, Pine 4850-PIN, WS, Other Fresh Scent #4850 series, please ask, and Hypochlorite Deodorant  4851 series, please ask

Chemia Corporation:  http://www.chemiacorp.com/
11558 Rock Island Court  
Maryland Heights MO 63043
(314) 567-0013  (800) 726-1976 Fax (314) 567-0081  
Products:  Green Apple, Mountain Air, Fresh Fragrance, Clean and Fresh, Wintergreen, Sassafrass, Citrus, Lemon and Orange

Nilum:  http://www.nilodor.com/  
10966 Industrial Parkway NW  
Bolivar OH 44612  
Products:  Rain Fresh Nilium and Green Apple Nilium

FloraChem:  http://www.florachem.com/
5209 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32207
By phone:  1-800-305-1926 (YOU MAY NEED TO CALL OVER AND OVER FOR THEM TO CALL YOU BACK)  
1-904-733-5759   By Fax:  904-733-5950
Products:  Green Apple   

Yesterday, we used a blend of our old (local) surfactant, and Slo Mo.  My tank was already half full, so blending was my only choice.  TODAY however; it's 100% Slo Mo.  Looking forward to trying it out. 

So I got to thinking a little, as we're always looking for ways to speed production, why not just 'dose' our bulk containers with Slo Mo, and not have to add it to the rigs separately?  Does anyone know if this stuff will stay suspended in SH, or will it settle to the bottom?  If it'll stay suspended, time saver!  If not, then oh well  :-)

I'm very pleased Mike.  Now, full disclosure, we've been buying a surfactant on the local economy for years.  We've even done gallon for gallon (roof mix dosage) price comparisons with a friend in the same business, as compared to his commercially available roof cleaning surfactant.  Prior to Slo Mo, it was dead even from a cost perspective due largely to shipping costs.  Slo Mo has proven itself to be the more cost effective solution and we'll be buying a 55 gallon barrel of it as soon as I figure out how to pump that stuff out of a barrel  :-)  Good stuff!  As Lori has stated very clearly in prior posts, be prepared to add your own cover scent as it has none.

BTW - we do LOTS of roofs, so when I say it's good, it's good.

I'm very pleased Mike.  Now, full disclosure, we've been buying a surfactant on the local economy for years.  We've even done gallon for gallon (roof mix dosage) price comparisons with a friend in the same business, as compared to his commercially available roof cleaning surfactant.  Prior to Slo Mo, it was dead even from a cost perspective due largely to shipping costs.  Slo Mo has proven itself to be the more cost effective solution and we'll be buying a 55 gallon barrel of it as soon as I figure out how to pump that stuff out of a barrel  :-)  Good stuff!  As Lori has stated very clearly in prior posts, be prepared to add your own cover scent as it has none.

BTW - we do LOTS of roofs, so when I say it's good, it's good.

Thank you for the very honest feedback!! I would love to get the word out to more guys so that they can experience the true savings.  Guys have reported that when they dose the SH directly, the longer it sits, the better job it does of almost encapsulating the smell.  I do always recommend buying the fragrance direct from the same exact places where the other pre-mixed distribs buy to save yourself a REDICULOUS amount of money!

Guys have said SLO Mo makes it 'stick like glue'.

@Roof Cleaning Virginia Did you mix it according to their instructions? If not, what was the ratio?

Instructions?  We don;'t need any stinking instructions  :-)  Seriously, I never read any instructions.  Today about 10 oz of Slo Mo to 100 gallons of roof mix.  It works AS ADVERTISED.  Lori, please PM with what I can expect for shipping charges on a 55 gallon  drum.  TIA!

Edited by Roof Cleaning Virginia

LOL!!! Thank you!! Made me laugh!

Will do!

One of my more outspoken users of SLO Mo was blasted away by switching from Gain and Dawn and came up with nicknames for the surfactant.  He sent the following message to me:

"The Slo Mo works so well that we came up with nicknames for it such as.....hold your f$&king horses, wait just a goshdarn minute and finally get your ass back here !  LMAO".  

(I hope it didn't offend anyone.)

I guess I'm gonna have to try some too. I have a "homemade" surfactant concoction that is so thick it's hard to swirl around in a bottle and it sticks like glue.....If Slo Mo is better than that, I'll be a customer from now on.

Instructions?  We don;'t need any stinking instructions  :-)  Seriously, I never read any instructions.  Today about 10 oz of Slo Mo to 100 gallons of roof mix.  It works AS ADVERTISED.  Lori, please PM with what I can expect for shipping charges on a 55 gallon  drum.  TIA!

Ted,

I tried to PM you and your messages are turned off.  I just need to know if you have access to a forklift or dock or if you needed lift gate delivery?  You have the option of driving to the shipping terminal for pickup.  Please send me an email.  Sales@PressureWasherProducts.com

Thank you

WARNING!!!!!  If you leave the bucket un-capped or remove the lid, the Slo Mo will grow even thicker over time.  You can add water or use less to fix this problem.  When you receive the next bucket, it won't appear as thick as the evaporated bucket but it still the SAME EXACT SUPER CONCENTRATED SURFACTANT!

There's something else about this surfactant that I've noticed, as compared to my prior surfactant that I've used for years;  I see no visible traces of it because it's CLEAR.  With the other stuff I used, secondary treatments would leave faint, white outlines.  This Slo Mo does NOT.  One less expectation to have to set with our clients.  Good stuff.  I'm a card carrying member of the Slo Mo club.....

We just got our first 5er of slomo on Thursday last week. We aren't starting our roof cleaning until mid this week. This stuff works where ever you need serious cling. Yesterday we had vinyl privacy fence to clean around a pool. Wind was blowing at 20+ our mix was just sheeting off. Just for the sake of trying it, I added an ounce to 5 gallons. Stuff stuck like glue in that wind, we downstream mostly, and the fence looked like it had been waxed! Lol we had foam blowing around the neighborhood but it was extremely effective. I think only half an ounce would have been sufficient. Great product Lori, can't wait to try it out on some roofs this week!

We just got our first 5er of slomo on Thursday last week. We aren't starting our roof cleaning until mid this week. This stuff works where ever you need serious cling. Yesterday we had vinyl privacy fence to clean around a pool. Wind was blowing at 20+ our mix was just sheeting off. Just for the sake of trying it, I added an ounce to 5 gallons. Stuff stuck like glue in that wind, we downstream mostly, and the fence looked like it had been waxed! Lol we had foam blowing around the neighborhood but it was extremely effective. I think only half an ounce would have been sufficient. Great product Lori, can't wait to try it out on some roofs this week!

Mike,

Thank you for the feedback!  We've been trying to figure out just how minuscule the dose of SLO MO should be for downstreaning out of a 5er.  Your experience will be a big help!

L

We're running about 10:1 on roof mix, 10 gallons of mix for every ONE ounce of Slo Mo. ( I just put about 20oz in a tank today, in preparation for tomorrow) And much like you, we use it for everything; roofs, housewashes, etc.   I have no vested interest other than it a great product, and at the price point, WITH shipping costs, it's more cost effective than anything else that I'm aware of.  Well done Rex and Lori.