So last night I changes hoses over on my 2 reels. The o-ring on on my qc fitting had came out and I didnt realize it. When I put air to the pump, ya, SH everywhere. Pulled the air and put a new o-ring in. When I put some water thru the pump, it would pulsate like hell (never did before) and slow to a crawl. Compressor was on maybe 5 minutes. On the job today and it did the same thing plus it stalled a few times. Disconnected the air quick disconnect and plugged back in. Ran ok except the pulsating which wasnt all the time. I did notice clicking in the pump when spraying which I didnt notice before but I may have not payed that much attention to it since it was new 3 years ago. Any thoughts?

1/2" Yamada kynar NDP-15-FVT-ECO

Very little moisture in air lines.

Thanks

Edited by ReNew Roof & Exterior cleaning

So last night I changes hoses over on my 2 reels. The o-ring on on my qc fitting had came out and I didnt realize it. When I put air to the pump, ya, SH everywhere. Pulled the air and put a new o-ring in. When I put some water thru the pump, it would pulsate like hell (never did before) and slow to a crawl. Compressor was on maybe 5 minutes. On the job today and it did the same thing plus it stalled a few times. Disconnected the air quick disconnect and plugged back in. Ran ok except the pulsating which wasnt all the time. I did notice clicking in the pump when spraying which I didnt notice before but I may have not payed that much attention to it since it was new 3 years ago. Any thoughts?

1/2" Yamada kynar NDP-15-FVT-ECO

Very little moisture in air lines.

Thanks

It might be an air motor going bad

It is possible that there is water in the system and I need a new muffler o4 I will take that one off to see if that helps.  I have been wanting to get another pump possibly 3/4". Having only one pump is kinda risky.

Will definitely get a air motor for the Yamada if thats the issue.

Kevin, do you have any 3/4" pumps for sale?

It is possible that there is water in the system and I need a new muffler o4 I will take that one off to see if that helps.  I have been wanting to get another pump possibly 3/4". Having only one pump is kinda risky.

Will definitely get a air motor for the Yamada if thats the issue.

Kevin, do you have any 3/4" pumps for sale?

Nope...no 3/4" pumps at this time. Very low on inventory, we are out of the industrial upgrade cycle right now. That being said, most 3/4" pumps, with a few choice exceptions, are just 1/2" pumps with 3/4" manifolds. A higher output 1/2" or a very efficient 1" pump (assuming you have enough CFM) may be a possibility. 

As for the problem, check to see you don't have a stuck valve on one side which would mean only one chamber is pumping. That can cause it to vibrate and click. 

Ok. I do want the 1"poly pump. I'll have about 17cfm, hope thats enough.

My Yamada is clicking loudly and there may be gunk in the pump. I took off my muffler and there is a combination of water gunk with oil from the compressor inside the muffler.

Edited by ReNew Roof & Exterior cleaning