Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

Keep The Mix Off Wood Decks When Cleaning Roofs

We see very very few stained wood decks here in Tampa, and when I do, I always tell the customer there is a chance of stain removal happening. It is always best to tarp the parts that get the run off, then water as well to be sure. The SH mixture we all use will flat remove or alter the stain, and you will be out time and money re staining the deck.   

Funny you should bring this up.  My first paying customer yesterday had decks all the way around the house.  I told him that there will be a chance of discoloring, but we will soak and tarp the deck.  Well unfortunately we had to move the tarps when it was time to do the back of the house and we had some love dripping off this entryway without gutters.  Surer than sh*t, a nice clean line on the deck and it had to be right next to the door everybody walks by.  Luckily for me, the home owner was so happy with how the roof came he didn't care.  He said he going to powerwash the deck anyways and this will force him to do it sooner.  Lesson learned.  I went out last night and bought more tarps. 

tom4.thumb.jpg.3ae7149dafb57bffac138860etom6.thumb.jpg.376f92d0ddcff1b79fe25ee49

This just happened to one of our members  :(  it can easily turn into your worst nightmare when it happens, because some customers will want a full blown deck stain and re seal, with sanding :(  Plus, it is not always easy to match weathered stain.