New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

684 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everybody. My name is Matt Haverty and I own and operate Haverty's Roof Cleaning in Lakeland, FL. I've been cleaning roofs for about 4 months now. For the last 8 months I have been googling everything under the sun having to do with roof cleaning and I have found the answers to many of my questions on this forum. I should have joined this forum much sooner. 

Im having some problems creating a signature. I don't see a signature link in the profile settings.

you need to be a premium member for a signature

Posted

Hey guys!

My name is Nate and I'm a professional window cleaner in Grand Rapids, MI. This is my 7th year cleaning windows and I'm starting to expand into pressure washing and roof cleaning as well.  I've read a lot on the forums before joining and I'm looking forward to gaining some knowledge from you experienced guys!! I haven't cleaned any roofs before but just landed my first job.  I have been reserching equipment set ups and think I know what I'm going to get but if anyone has input before I buy I would be willing to hear it! Thanks!

Posted

Hey guys!

My name is Nate and I'm a professional window cleaner in Grand Rapids, MI. This is my 7th year cleaning windows and I'm starting to expand into pressure washing and roof cleaning as well.  I've read a lot on the forums before joining and I'm looking forward to gaining some knowledge from you experienced guys!! I haven't cleaned any roofs before but just landed my first job.  I have been reserching equipment set ups and think I know what I'm going to get but if anyone has input before I buy I would be willing to hear it! Thanks!

Welcome Nate !

One of my friends, and a moderator here is Kleen Roofs in Grand Rapids Michigan!

I have trained literally hundreds of roof cleaners, and Window Cleaners do very well, because they already have an existing customer base, to sell a new service too!

Before you do or purchase ANYTHING for Roof Cleaning, be sure and post it on the forum, so we can guide you, and keep u from making mistakes.

Posted

Thanks for the welcome!  I'm excited about getting into the business and appreciate the offer for input so here's what my thoughts are.  I was thinking of going with a 12v 5800 Kuri Tec Kit with a pump in a box add on and a 100 Gal tank for my beginner set up to start cutting my teeth.  Then I was going to start with a 40/60 mix of solution SH/H2O and adding some Gain. Has anyone used this setup and if so would you recommend it for someone who is not going to be clean roofs everyday? 

Posted

HI Nate. If you are not going to be doing roofs everyday, you may not need the 100 gal tank. 

Posted

How big of a tank would you recommend?

By the way Kleen Roofs I know we are really close to each other as far as area and I would love to be friends and find a way to make sure we can both make money at this and not try to under cut each other even though we are both doing this! By keeping standards high and pricing similar we can help generate a positive image of the profession and make good money doing it which is good for both of us. This will be an add on service for me and not a primary income so I don't think I will be to much competition to a company of your standing!

Posted

How big of a tank would you recommend?

By the way Kleen Roofs I know we are really close to each other as far as area and I would love to be friends and find a way to make sure we can both make money at this and not try to under cut each other even though we are both doing this! By keeping standards high and pricing similar we can help generate a positive image of the profession and make good money doing it which is good for both of us. This will be an add on service for me and not a primary income so I don't think I will be to much competition to a company of your standing!

This is a GREAT attitude Nate! 

Posted

Nate, you have the correct idea on how to work together even tho we are in the same area. There is getting to be more and more roof cleaners in GR. Not as many as window washers, but getting crowded. 5 that I know of that soft wash, and the many that offer to pressure wash roofs. Yet, as you know there are more roofs around here that are dirty than 1 or 2 companies could ever do.  You are more than welcome to give me a call. You have made the correct step by joining the RCIA to learn about roof cleaning, and if you do some research on both sites, all the info you need is here. ( other than a few tricks) Hope to talk with you soon.

Posted

I'm doing a lot of reading right now to trying to get educated and I appreciate your attitude on me joining! I'll definitely be giving you a call sometime! Like you said there are pretty of roofs that need cleaning in GR. I know there are window cleaners everywhere and most are just a one man show so you don't even know they exist. Is it similar for roof cleaning here or are the ones doing it more professional?

Posted

Nate, you have the correct idea on how to work together even tho we are in the same area. There is getting to be more and more roof cleaners in GR. Not as many as window washers, but getting crowded. 5 that I know of that soft wash, and the many that offer to pressure wash roofs. Yet, as you know there are more roofs around here that are dirty than 1 or 2 companies could ever do.  You are more than welcome to give me a call. You have made the correct step by joining the RCIA to learn about roof cleaning, and if you do some research on both sites, all the info you need is here. ( other than a few tricks) Hope to talk with you soon.

I'm doing a lot of reading right now to trying to get educated and I appreciate your attitude on me joining! I'll definitely be giving you a call sometime! Like you said there are pretty of roofs that need cleaning in GR. I know there are window cleaners everywhere and most are just a one man show so you don't even know they exist. Is it similar for roof cleaning here or are the ones doing it more professional?

It is good to see you guys working together, and is an example to all members here, new and old. 

We WILL have competition, but this is not always a bad thing. As long as we work together, it will always be a good thing!

Auto Mechanics got tired of working for nothing, and have an auto repair book they go by now.

They stick to this book!

Posted

The soft wash guys are legit. You will come up against them on most bids. And then, there is as r**f sha**** guy in Rockford.  Everyone has there own way of doing things, there own "mix" none of them are members here.

Posted

Hello everyone, my Name is Chad Pierce from Rocky Mount, NC. I own and operate Chad's Pressure Washing, LLC. I have been in business for a little over 4 years now and have added roof stain removal to my arsenal this year. I purchased the fatboy bandit system from Bob at pressuretek and have been pleased with it so far. I have done about 10 roofs thus far and have may questions that I am searching for answers on. I will cruise the site and see what I can find out before posting. If there is anything else I need to do to get my membership up to forum standards just let me know and I will make it happen. Thanks for all the help and I look forward to learning how to use this site better.

Posted

Hello everyone, my Name is Chad Pierce from Rocky Mount, NC. I own and operate Chad's Pressure Washing, LLC. I have been in business for a little over 4 years now and have added roof stain removal to my arsenal this year. I purchased the fatboy bandit system from Bob at pressuretek and have been pleased with it so far. I have done about 10 roofs thus far and have may questions that I am searching for answers on. I will cruise the site and see what I can find out before posting. If there is anything else I need to do to get my membership up to forum standards just let me know and I will make it happen. Thanks for all the help and I look forward to learning how to use this site better.

Welcome Chad! Your membership makes you a member here as well http://roof-cleaning-institute.activeboard.com/

Please try to fill out your forum signature with your company name, website, etc, etc ?

Posted

Welcome, Chad.

Fast Finish likes this

Posted

I just want to say thanks to Kleen Roofs!! I really appreciate you taking the time to show me your setup and answer all my questions! What a stand out guy!

Posted

Dave is the MAN!

Posted

I just want to say thanks to Kleen Roofs!! I really appreciate you taking the time to show me your setup and answer all my questions! What a stand out guy!

That's awesome! Now, the 2 of you  can work together on non pressure roof cleaning in your area, instead of cutting each others throats!

Posted

Hello,

After 20 years of executive management for two Industrial companies, we started our business officially in 2012. We are pretty new to cleaning roofs and just purchased a good soft wash system to do it more consistently.We are from Oregon so we have a lot of heavy moss and everything green out here as well. Our clients love us and our other services so this made sense. We are eager learning magnets so this forum has been great for us. Every job we do seems to be something different so our experience is vast.  Looking to enhance what we do with all the tips and tricks from the masters of the trade. We only have about 10 years left and want to hand our kids some great business skills and clients down the road. So we gotta get cracking and up to speed!! :D

Thanks

Patrick & Anna

Posted

Welcome

Posted

Hello,

After 20 years of executive management for two Industrial companies, we started our business officially in 2012. We are pretty new to cleaning roofs and just purchased a good soft wash system to do it more consistently.We are from Oregon so we have a lot of heavy moss and everything green out here as well. Our clients love us and our other services so this made sense. We are eager learning magnets so this forum has been great for us. Every job we do seems to be something different so our experience is vast.  Looking to enhance what we do with all the tips and tricks from the masters of the trade. We only have about 10 years left and want to hand our kids some great business skills and clients down the road. So we gotta get cracking and up to speed!! :D

Thanks

Patrick & Anna

welcome! see post 63 in this thread.

Tell us about the system you purchased, so we can help you.

Where in Oregon, I used to live in Seattle.

Posted

We are in Salem and have a new Fat Boy Bandit system due us by the 24th from PT.

Hopefully this enhance our productivity a bunch as we were basically doing something similar to x jet before which obviously required maintenance type work...but at least we weren't pressure washing roofs....:)

Posted

We are in Salem and have a new Fat Boy Bandit system due us by the 24th from PT.

Hopefully this enhance our productivity a bunch as we were basically doing something similar to x jet before which obviously required maintenance type work...but at least we weren't pressure washing roofs.... :)

Good choice with the Fat Boy Bandit, Bob from Pressure Tek is a good dude, and will help you  any way he can.

You will think you died, and went to heaven, once you get that roof cleaning set up.

Listen to Bob about hooking it up, and be SURE you have thick wire, it pulls a lot of amps!

Your membership also includes free phone support from me 813 655 8777 from 9 till 12 pm florida time.

I will help you any way I can.

Chris

PS, where is your website ?

Posted

Hello fellow cleaning contractors. My name is Ralph and I am a cleanaholic...I have been in the pressure washing business since 1996. I first started a business in New Jersey, where I specialized in deck restoration. I used to post on the old Delco board and I remember reading tons of Chris Tuckers posts almost every day. I had no idea what roof cleaning was but I knew he was a serious guy who really knew what the heck was going on. Seeing posts by Chris from Apple Roof Cleaning, became a part of my daily routine. Now 17 years later I find myself right down the street from him in Palm Harbor and I have decided to add Roof Cleaning to my new business. I am really looking forward to interacting with all the pros here and especially Chris. 

Posted

Hello fellow cleaning contractors. My name is Ralph and I am a cleanaholic...I have been in the pressure washing business since 1996. I first started a business in New Jersey, where I specialized in deck restoration. I used to post on the old Delco board and I remember reading tons of Chris Tuckers posts almost every day. I had no idea what roof cleaning was but I knew he was a serious guy who really knew what the heck was going on. Seeing posts by Chris from Apple Roof Cleaning, became a part of my daily routine. Now 17 years later I find myself right down the street from him in Palm Harbor and I have decided to add Roof Cleaning to my new business. I am really looking forward to interacting with all the pros here and especially Chris. 

How COOL! You know, some people think I am bullshitting when I tell them how LONG I have been teaching roof cleaning, LOL

Posted

Hey Everyone, My name is Corey. Im from Smiths Falls Ontario,Canada. I have a small pressure/soft washing business and Im looking to get into roof cleaning in a big way. I have a Fatboy system and 6x12 enclosed trailer and I would like to learn the proper ways to use it. In my area non-pressure roof cleaning is almost non-existing, Ive came across a few guys pressure washing roofs and would like to learn the best way to educate clients on how it should actually be done.