Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

Hello everyone...

My name is Mike Roberts, started my own pressure washing business in 2000 in Cypress, Texas and have been trying to find ways to always stay one step ahead of all the Joe-Blow fly by nighters. Have been reading the forum and figured Roof cleaning would be the perfect add-on. I have a new Yamada NDP-15 Kynar Pump on the way and I am excited to begin my new system build. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Look forward to all wisdom and learning to gather from you all, Thanks again in advance.

Hello everyone...

My name is Mike Roberts, started my own pressure washing business in 2000 in Cypress, Texas and have been trying to find ways to always stay one step ahead of all the Joe-Blow fly by nighters. Have been reading the forum and figured Roof cleaning would be the perfect add-on. I have a new Yamada NDP-15 Kynar Pump on the way and I am excited to begin my new system build. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Look forward to all wisdom and learning to gather from you all, Thanks again in advance.

Welcome to the roof cleaning institute Mike! 

The Black Yamada NDP 15 Kynar is the same roof cleaning pump we currently have on out 2 trucks, and it is a real workhorse.

The Harbor Freight wheelbarrow style air compressor is tuff to beat for the price, but a bigger air compressor will really turn that pump loose.

Ask any questions you want here on the forum, and call me at 813 655 8777 if you ever need one on one training.

Chris

Power Washer Insurance Guide.pdf

Hello everyone...

Welcome Mike!

Hey there guys. Names Key. Complete newbie to pressure cleaning houses but I intend on starting my own small side business. I've pressure cleaned a few houses with a friend maybe a dozen or so. An I am not impressed by the way he cleans the house. He uses a wand and does by hand on deep tiled roofs or on shallow tile will pass a surface cleaner. I've notifed when doing this a lot of pieces of tiles that had hairline cracks on the corners getting dog eared and having to fix them. I'm much more interested in soft washing so I'm here to learn. I've read tons of threads and posts on pretty much everything as far as buying your own skid setup to a DIY. I'm more interested in a diy cause I like to know my equipment. As far as a little about me. I currently am from SWFL near Ft Myers Cape Coral Estero area. I do Marine Construction for a living for my fathers company that he's owned for about 30 years. We do anything from docks to sea walls break waters Jettys dredging demolition you name it. I have weekends that are free so if I could pick up a house or two over the weekend here that would be great. My area Is full of dirty roofs with mold covered on them with tile and shingle roofs. Looks like money just hanging out on the roof so why not go get it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I already have a water tank and trailer. Water tank is decent size so judging by what I've read i need a pump (electric or air) most the houses here are single story so don't need crazy distance to start with. Possibly another wash down tank but i seen most only use the tank for equipment wash down not the house so it doesn't have to be a big tank. Than 200 ft of house sprayer and nozzles. I plan on just building my own frame/skid type deal so I can just pick it up with our forklift and place on trailer dual axle. So as said before if anyone could recommend some brands I don't want the best. Just something to start with than I'll upgrade eventually. Thanks all an if I get the help I'm looking for I'll gladly become a member this site has been very informative

All that info, plus a lot more is on the Premium member side. Be the best $129.00 you will ever spend.

Hey there guys. Names Key. Complete newbie to pressure cleaning houses but I intend on starting my own small side business. I've pressure cleaned a few houses with a friend maybe a dozen or so. An I am not impressed by the way he cleans the house. He uses a wand and does by hand on deep tiled roofs or on shallow tile will pass a surface cleaner. I've notifed when doing this a lot of pieces of tiles that had hairline cracks on the corners getting dog eared and having to fix them. I'm much more interested in soft washing so I'm here to learn. I've read tons of threads and posts on pretty much everything as far as buying your own skid setup to a DIY. I'm more interested in a diy cause I like to know my equipment. As far as a little about me. I currently am from SWFL near Ft Myers Cape Coral Estero area. I do Marine Construction for a living for my fathers company that he's owned for about 30 years. We do anything from docks to sea walls break waters Jettys dredging demolition you name it. I have weekends that are free so if I could pick up a house or two over the weekend here that would be great. My area Is full of dirty roofs with mold covered on them with tile and shingle roofs. Looks like money just hanging out on the roof so why not go get it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I already have a water tank and trailer. Water tank is decent size so judging by what I've read i need a pump (electric or air) most the houses here are single story so don't need crazy distance to start with. Possibly another wash down tank but i seen most only use the tank for equipment wash down not the house so it doesn't have to be a big tank. Than 200 ft of house sprayer and nozzles. I plan on just building my own frame/skid type deal so I can just pick it up with our forklift and place on trailer dual axle. So as said before if anyone could recommend some brands I don't want the best. Just something to start with than I'll upgrade eventually. Thanks all an if I get the help I'm looking for I'll gladly become a member this site has been very informative

For a part time roof cleaner, look at the Northern Tool 12 volt pumps, they are fairly new, and feature several improvements over the 12 volt pumps of the past.

Go to the home page header and click on "roof cleaning training". It will take you to Paypal and you make your payment there.  Welcome.

Greetings!  

My name is Eric Summerville and I am new to the roof cleaning industry.  I have had about 3 roofs so far and only one turned out well because there wasn't much to it.  I've tried quat-ammonia, but have found the best to be SH.  I have been getting mixed signals about dilution ratios and how to apply it.  I want to know what it will take to get started, what kind of chemical pump is best suited for this, what the mix is, how to avoid walking roofs in general and give people the wow factor without spending thousands!  

I live in SW Missouri where we have had a wet summer and the algae is rearing its dark colors, I have people who really want me to take care of their roofs, but I have had marginal success.  

I had one website that told me to browse their site, but it was too much to take in and I'm looking for pointers rather than a catalog!   

I've never been part of a forum, this is a first. The only thing I have been is on facebook and have really enjoyed the information, but I need more, and I hope this works!

If you have any pointers, please let me know.

Thank you!

Greetings!  

My name is Eric Summerville and I am new to the roof cleaning industry.  I have had about 3 roofs so far and only one turned out well because there wasn't much to it.  I've tried quat-ammonia, but have found the best to be SH.  I have been getting mixed signals about dilution ratios and how to apply it.  I want to know what it will take to get started, what kind of chemical pump is best suited for this, what the mix is, how to avoid walking roofs in general and give people the wow factor without spending thousands!  

I live in SW Missouri where we have had a wet summer and the algae is rearing its dark colors, I have people who really want me to take care of their roofs, but I have had marginal success.  

I had one website that told me to browse their site, but it was too much to take in and I'm looking for pointers rather than a catalog!   

I've never been part of a forum, this is a first. The only thing I have been is on facebook and have really enjoyed the information, but I need more, and I hope this works!

Thank you!

Welcome Eric!

Unfortunately, much of the time on Facebook, it can be like the blind leading the blind :(

Sort of like Stevie Wonder, driving Ray Charles around.

People, wanting to "look cool" become Parrots, and repeat what they have heard.

The residents here are the best roof cleaners in the world, and really do have a clue what to do, and what not to do.

Number one, you absolutely need a roof cleaning pump, not some X Jet, or other downstream injector.

Air diaphragm pumps are by far the most reliable, but there are some decent 12 volt powered roof cleaning pumps out there. Northern Tool makes some 12 volt powered roof cleaning pumps that have proven to be the most reliable pumps of their type.

They make a 5.5 GPM pump for only 139.00 that will shoot a roof pretty good, as long as 5/8 diameter hose is used.

They will shoot 20 to 30 feet, with the right nozzles, and their larger 7 gpm pump will shoot even father.

What does your budget allow Eric ?

Great information to get started: I would say up to $1,000 to get started towards equipment depending on what else I need as far as chemicals.  I don't have any real ideas other than people say "Buy this" but, it doesn't tell me anything!

Do I use the water supply at the location? At 6gpm max of house water supply pressure, would a bigger pump make a huge difference?

Do I need a reservoir tank that I take with me with the mix in it? I have a single axle trailer  1,500lb load max, or is it easier out of the back of a E250 van.

Should I start out of 5 gallon containers or would a barrel be better?

what nozzles / triggers do I need?

What is the best way to get the "wow effect"

How much hose do I need, understanding that we can just use a garden hose because most of them are 5/8 correct?

Do I need a surfacant like Cling-on or hang-tite for all jobs or just select jobs? Do I use it if I was to spray on, and mother nature to spray off?

Is there a way to do this all in one step?

Do you have a waiver of liability?

I have customers with roofs ready to be taken care of!

What is the best chem ratio and what is the most cost effective way to get to it?

Is it safe for solar panels, will it make skylights nasty?

How do you charge? How do you measure?

What steps will save the most time in ratio to equipment?

What steps will save the most time in ratio to application?

Great information to get started: I would say up to $1,000 to get started towards equipment depending on what else I need as far as chemicals.  I don't have any real ideas other than people say "Buy this" but, it doesn't tell me anything!

Do I use the water supply at the location? - yes  

At 6 gpm max of house water supply pressure, would a bigger pump make a huge difference?  bigger is always better

Do I need a reservoir tank that I take with me with the mix in it?  That all depends, some work from a drum

I have a single axle trailer  1,500lb load max, or is it easier out of the back of a E250 van. Trailer

Should I start out of 5 gallon containers or would a barrel be better?  Some work right from the drum with an air pump with a mix manifold

what nozzles / triggers do I need? All depends ion what pump you wind up with

What is the best way to get the "wow effect"  Just clean the roof, the difference will be dramatic

How much hose do I need, understanding that we can just use a garden hose because most of them are 5/8 correct? from 200 to 250 feet, and though some garden hose can be used, it is always best to have hose designed for roof cleaning, we suggest the 5/8 Kuri Tech Hose 

Do I need a surfacant like Cling-on or hang-tite for all jobs or just select jobs? Do I use it if I was to spray on, and mother nature to spray off?  A Surfactant is never required to clean any roof, however, some feel that the final outcome is better when a surfactant is used. The Green Liquid Gain Dishsoap works very well, and is inexpensive

Is there a way to do this all in one step?  Yes, simply spray the roof, and walk away if there are gutters, and downspouts going into the ground, or do a partial rinse if there are no gutters.

Do you have a waiver of liability? Not really, there is no danger to any roof cleaned the proper way, but you must be careful not to kill/damage plants

I have customers with roofs ready to be taken care of! Great, then you have 1/2 the battle won !

What is the best chem ratio and what is the most cost effective way to get to it? It all depends on how FRESH the Sodium Hypochlorite you get really is, but generally a 30 % Chemical to Water solution is a great place to start

Is it safe for solar panels, will it make skylights nasty? Yes, safe for solar panels, and can make skylights spotted, unless rinsed off right away

How do you charge? How do you measure? This will all depend on YOUR local area, prices vary all over the USA

What steps will save the most time in ratio to equipment? Getting the right equipment to begin with!

What steps will save the most time in ratio to application?  Speed will only come with experience, Roof Cleaning is not a sprint race, more of a marathon, you must always take your time, especially when watering plants!

I hope some of this helped :)

Hello Everyone. My name is Adam, and I'm glad to be here learning with the guru Chris Tucker and others. Ultrasoft Pressure Washing is a new brand for my company, among others I own, and I'm looking forward to getting certification here and doing more in the future. 

Hello Everyone. My name is Adam, and I'm glad to be here learning with the guru Chris Tucker and others. Ultrasoft Pressure Washing is a new brand for my company, among others I own, and I'm looking forward to getting certification here and doing more in the future. 

Welcome Adam, You are in a great place.

You will learn a lot about this preferred method of roof cleaning (equipment, process, answers for tough situations etc.). The guys here are very helpful. Let me know if I can answer any of your questions.

Glad you're here!

Oh my I failed to introduce myself. I am John Neilson owner of Neilson roof cleaning,I do pressure washing and roof cleaning, I am gearing towards all roof cleaning, I was certified here on 11/4/14. Chris Tucker is a wealth of knowledge in the industry. I am happy to be here and I look forward to meeting as many members as possible. Oh yeah I live in Deltona Florida

Hello everyone.

Greetings!  

Thank you!

Welcome to the groupWhy Mobile Cleaning Contractors Choose Us.pdfPower Washer Insurance Guide.pdf Eric! 

Power Washer Insurance Guide.pdfWhy Mobile Cleaning Contractors Choose Us.pdf

Welcome Key!

Welcome Adam!

Good to see you found your way here.   You are in good hands with these guys and gals.

Power Washer Insurance Guide.pdfWhy Mobile Cleaning Contractors Choose Us.pdf

Oh my I failed to introduce myself. I am John Neilson owner of Neilson roof cleaning,I do pressure washing and roof cleaning, I am gearing towards all roof cleaning, I was certified here on 11/4/14. Chris Tucker is a wealth of knowledge in the industry. I am happy to be here and I look forward to meeting as many members as possible. Oh yeah I live in Deltona Florida

Hello everyone.

Welcome John,

If you need anything from us don't hesitate to reach out.