Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

Hey all just wanted to say hi. Been in this industry for 20 yrs and I am good friends with Chris for many years. I wanted to support his forum and become a premium member so that my company can take full advantage of all this site has to offer.

I am also here to help as well, like Chris my knowledge in this industry goes from commercial to residential and everything in between. We have traveled up and down the east coast contract cleaning commercially for many years, We are now concentrating locally with our customer base and HOA and P/M that we have worked with over the many years in this business.

My name is Nick aka (The Cleaner) and if I can help feel free to ask. Whenever someone joins a forum to gain knowledge in this industry, it makes it better for everyone involved. 

http://palmharborroofcleaning.com/

http://nickspowerwash.com/

I can attest to the fact that Nick has been doing this as long, or maybe even longer then I have! 

But while I have very limited knowledge of pressure washing, that is what Nick is truly a master of.

Wait till he posts some pictures of his current, and past cleaning rigs!

Hey Everyone, My name is Corey. Im from Smiths Falls Ontario,Canada. I have a small pressure/soft washing business and Im looking to get into roof cleaning in a big way. I have a Fatboy system and 6x12 enclosed trailer and I would like to learn the proper ways to use it. In my area non-pressure roof cleaning is almost non-existing, Ive came across a few guys pressure washing roofs and would like to learn the best way to educate clients on how it should actually be done.

Welcome Corey! We will get you up to speed in the roof cleaning  art.  I had friends up in Markham and Sarnia, Ontario!

Roof Cleaning In Ontario is wide open, for someone with the training you will get here!

Hey Guys, thanks for the warm welcome! I'm really excited to be here.

Ive been considering the Premium Membership for a while and know I made the right choice. Chris, you seem to know people everywhere. Lol   Ontario is a huge Province, and hopefully Il be able to corner the market in the Ottawa valley and possible more!

Thanks again

Hey Guys, thanks for the warm welcome! I'm really excited to be here.

Ive been considering the Premium Membership for a while and know I made the right choice. Chris, you seem to know people everywhere. Lol   Ontario is a huge Province, and hopefully Il be able to corner the market in the Ottawa valley and possible more!

Thanks again

There is Durham Roof Cleaning in Canada, he is a RCIA Member, look him up! 

Hello guys, I may be know to some of you all as Laurie from Trinidad and to Chris as Ray Charles(lol) but all in all I am here for the same purpose as everyone and that is to learn. Well as I said I am from Trinidad and Tobago which is an Island in the Caribbean. I have been cleaning roofs for about just 2yrs now and my know how stems from AC who seems to be the so called "Devil" in Florida who everyone is against. Never the less I am here to see the other side of the coin.

Hi everyone, my name is Jon Karmazyn, I own Revive Coatings based in Lehigh Valley PA. I just got into roof cleaning this year and am loving it. It looks like a great bunch of people on these forms. I look forward to learning from all of the experiance base that is on here.

Revive Coatings

554 Seem St

Emmaus, PA 18049

484-619-0275

www.revivecoatingsPA.com

Hi everyone, my name is Jon Karmazyn, I own Revive Coatings based in Lehigh Valley PA. I just got into roof cleaning this year and am loving it. It looks like a great bunch of people on these forms. I look forward to learning from all of the experiance base that is on here.

Revive Coatings

554 Seem St

Emmaus, PA 18049

484-619-0275

www.revivecoatingsPA.com

Welcome John

Hello Folks!!!!  New member here and very first post.  My name is Rob Wash located in southern Ohio and I am the owner of White Oak Lawncare.  I will give a little background on why I am here.  First off, I had no clue there was even a such thing as "roof cleaning".......  We have all shingle roofs in southern ohio and in my area there are TONS of dirty stained streaked roofs and I have NEVER seen a roof cleaning business around nor can I even find one nearby.  The closest I can find is about an hour from me.  I have several lawn care customers with "dirty roofs" and decided to start putting feelers out to see if people would even be interested in this service in my area (very rural area).  Lets put it this way, Ive asked right at 10 diff customers of mine and EVERY ONE OF THEM ARE INTERESTED!  This will not be my primary source of income (unless it takes off like I hope!!) as my lawncare business of 13 years is thriving. Anyways, guys I am going to search around the site before I start asking questions that may already have been gone over, but I will probably have some questions which I will be posting soon.  Any help would be appreciated!!  By the way, Ive already got goodys on the way from Bob at pressure tek!!!!! 

Hello Folks!!!!  New member here and very first post.  My name is Rob Wash located in southern Ohio and I am the owner of White Oak Lawncare.  I will give a little background on why I am here.  First off, I had no clue there was even a such thing as "roof cleaning".......  We have all shingle roofs in southern ohio and in my area there are TONS of dirty stained streaked roofs and I have NEVER seen a roof cleaning business around nor can I even find one nearby.  The closest I can find is about an hour from me.  I have several lawn care customers with "dirty roofs" and decided to start putting feelers out to see if people would even be interested in this service in my area (very rural area).  Lets put it this way, Ive asked right at 10 diff customers of mine and EVERY ONE OF THEM ARE INTERESTED!  This will not be my primary source of income (unless it takes off like I hope!!) as my lawncare business of 13 years is thriving. Anyways, guys I am going to search around the site before I start asking questions that may already have been gone over, but I will probably have some questions which I will be posting soon.  Any help would be appreciated!!  By the way, Ive already got goodys on the way from Bob at pressure tek!!!!! 

Trust Bob at Pressure Tek, he will take care of you Robin! You will make a small fortune in the roof cleaning business, with a lawn care operation to feed it.

What is nearest large city to you Robin ?

Trust Bob at Pressure Tek, he will take care of you Robin! You will make a small fortune in the roof cleaning business, with a lawn care operation to feed it.

What is nearest large city to you Robin ?

I am 30 minute drive from Cincinnati.......  Were actually south east of Cincinnati (right on the Ohio river basically) .  There is not the large quantity of hoa divisions and such in my area.  Don't get me wrong, there are towns in my area full of Dirty roofs.  My wife and I went for a motorcycle ride just last week hitting old back roads we had never been on before and holly cow there were TONS of dirty roofs EVERYWHERE we went and lots of these homes were well kept homes but just had dirty roofs.  I simply do not believe that folks in my area know there is a such thing as having there roof cleaned.  Hell, I didn't know........  I stumbled onto roof cleaning this past winter on the a lawncare website and have been intrigued by it ever since.  There is a huge need for this type of  business in this area and im a go getter like im sure a lot of you are.  Im not scared to work and so far in life it has paid off for me with my business.  Don't get me wrong, Im not a rich man but love the life I live in my little rural town.  I do in fact have some questions that I didn't see discussed on the site yet.  Ive got some errands to run and when I get home im gonna bug the heck out of you guys for a day or two!!!  LOL 

I am 30 minute drive from Cincinnati.......  Were actually south east of Cincinnati (right on the Ohio river basically) .  There is not the large quantity of hoa divisions and such in my area.  Don't get me wrong, there are towns in my area full of Dirty roofs.  My wife and I went for a motorcycle ride just last week hitting old back roads we had never been on before and holly cow there were TONS of dirty roofs EVERYWHERE we went and lots of these homes were well kept homes but just had dirty roofs.  I simply do not believe that folks in my area know there is a such thing as having there roof cleaned.  Hell, I didn't know........  I stumbled onto roof cleaning this past winter on the a lawncare website and have been intrigued by it ever since.  There is a huge need for this type of  business in this area and im a go getter like im sure a lot of you are.  Im not scared to work and so far in life it has paid off for me with my business.  Don't get me wrong, Im not a rich man but love the life I live in my little rural town.  I do in fact have some questions that I didn't see discussed on the site yet.  Ive got some errands to run and when I get home im gonna bug the heck out of you guys for a day or two!!!  LOL 

Well, bug the hell out of us, we like answering roof cleaning questions! By asking questions, you are not only helping yourself, but others as well who are too shy, or too stupid to ask questions of people like the folks here, who know what they are doing.

Well, bug the hell out of us, we like answering roof cleaning questions! By asking questions, you are not only helping yourself, but others as well who are too shy, or too stupid to ask questions of people like the folks here, who know what they are doing.

will do!!!  Im gonna start a new thread titled "rookie with questions"

I'm in Louisville. Feel free to call me or drive up sometime for some hands on.

Robin'

Your premium membership also allows premium status on the old forum also. Sign up over there and send me a PM and I'll activate your account

Hello everyone,

My name Is Erik and I currently run a remodeling business on Long Island NY. I'm looking to start a roof cleaning business that eventually my wife will take over and run in the future.

Have been reading alot and Im starting to get mixed information. I am looking for a low cost equipment package to get us started and have some questions regarding the equipment and the process.

Hey Eric,

I hope things are going well for you.  We sell soft wash equipment and supplies at PowerWash.com, 1-800-433-2113.  I will have a staff member give you a call.  I hope they can help answer some questions.  

Have a great day.

Finally a professional contractor who use's his real name and fills out his signature. All before he made his first post.  Thanks Erik for showing how its done. Welcome aboard the RCIA. If your looking for a start up package, Steve from Ugly Shingles has one. Don't let him sell you Suffolk, it's already taken! Charley owns It.

Im gonna just let that go but why don't you just get over it Art?  I know that was directed toward me...............  I haven't been on in a while and this is the first post I see...........  Let it go.........

Welcome aboard Eric, several on here will be along with info.  Im new also.  There are some videos on youtube that are pretty neat to watch if your a newbie.  Some of the videos are from folks on this site actually.  Very nice vids.

Thanks guys.  Im familiar with running business and being on forums and i know just how important signatures can be for free advertising!!!

So .   .   .   . 

Heres some questions that i have so far.

1: do you guys rinse the roof after you soft wash? if you wait for rain do you worry about runoff later ruining some grass or plant life?

2: How many gallons of mix do you use per square? Im asking this because i think i will get a tank that will hold enough to do at least 2 houses per day.

3: Is there some sort of tubing that attaches to the gutter spouts to direct run off to the street?

4: We have a few test houses that we will practice on for free. the plan is to use SH and water only. Should i be looking at other additives? or not now?

Thanks in advance im sure ill have more questions later

Thanks guys.  Im familiar with running business and being on forums and i know just how important signatures can be for free advertising!!!

So .   .   .   . 

Heres some questions that i have so far.

1: do you guys rinse the roof after you soft wash? if you wait for rain do you worry about runoff later ruining some grass or plant life?

2: How many gallons of mix do you use per square? Im asking this because i think i will get a tank that will hold enough to do at least 2 houses per day.

3: Is there some sort of tubing that attaches to the gutter spouts to direct run off to the street?

4: We have a few test houses that we will practice on for free. the plan is to use SH and water only. Should i be looking at other additives? or not now?

Thanks in advance im sure ill have more questions later

I just saw your post, but am on my way out the door. Rest assured, it will be answered shortly, just in a big hurry right now

1. Mother Nature does the rinsing.

2. 100 gl tank should work, but some houses use more mix then other so you have to carry some SH with you if you need to make more.

3. Bag all gutters and rinse after you pull bags off.

4. You need a surfactant to add to mix.