Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

Hello everyone! I am Mike (Carson's Roof Cleaning) from North Carolina and have been in/out of the pressure washing business and car detailing business for about 20 years, but I have decided to move exclusively into the roof cleaning business! I know very little about the equipment and solution, but am very eager to learn everything and in reading many of the post on this forum I believe I am at the right place to help me develop into a successful roof cleaner and roof cleaning business!  However, I do need some help and is the reason I became a premium member!

My goal is to start out slow and build from there!  I have a 7 X 16 enclosed trailer with two 125 gallon tanks and want to go with an air system as it seems most talk about upgrading to that anyway?  I don't want the latest greatest, but I do want a good system that will last me.  I have been to numerous suppliers around my area (Raleigh, NC) and have been told so many different ways of doing it, some make sense but other do not.  I would like assistance from people who do it everyday!  The posts I have read regarding the air systems seemed to be several months old, so not to ask anyone to repeat anything (unless you really don't mind too?) to guide me through a list of items (equipment) needed for a full "turn key" air system OR provide me with a good company that I may call who can assist.  I will thank all those who reply in advance and any guidance or assistance is greatly appreciated.  

Mike  

Welcome to this INCREDIBLE resource, Mike!  I find that this is more of a family whom cares and looks out for each other.

I would be happy to help you narrow down a parts list along with our plumbing diagrams to support your installation.  Most know that I help you find products all over the place and not just from me.  

Welcome!

Lori

Hello, if there are any new members looking to purchase a strong pump for their first air setup, I have a perfect 1/2" Yamada Kynar/Teflong pump that is as strong as any pump out there. This pump will push 13 GPM if setup correctly with the air compressor. I am offering for $300 to folks who are just starting up or want to pick up for a 2nd rig! PM me for any other questions. Thanks

Hi Everyone, My name is Kyle, and I am the owner of a non-pressure washing roof cleaning company in Victoria,BC Canada. The name of my company is 

Roof Cleaning Victoria, www.roofcleaningvictoria.ca.  We have a lot of moss up here in the pacific northwest, money on trees for me :).  However this type of moss needs a thourough brushing to get at the root of the moss. Alot of manual labour.  Anyway thank you for the forum. Are there any Canadians out there? 

Hi Everyone, My name is Kyle, and I am the owner of a non-pressure washing roof cleaning company in Victoria,BC Canada. The name of my company is 

Roof Cleaning Victoria, www.roofcleaningvictoria.ca.  We have a lot of moss up here in the pacific northwest, money on trees for me :).  However this type of moss needs a thourough brushing to get at the root of the moss. Alot of manual labour.  Anyway thank you for the forum. Are there any Canadians out there? 

Richie Frisson in the Fraser Valley is a premium member Kyle, and welcome! 

Hey guys, happy to be apart of such an engaged group full of friendly roofers. How has everyone's year been?

My name is Joe Damon and I'm with http://www.walnutcreekroofingexperts.com/ - we service Walnut Creek, the East Bay, and the North Bay. Our personal favorite way of giving new life to older residential or commercial buildings is providing tear off services and installing new roofing shingles on top.

Well, that's just a little tid bit about me and my roofing company. Looking forward to hooking up with all of you.

Also please feel free to connect with us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/WalnutCreekRoofingExperts/

Thanks!!

Hey guys, happy to be apart of such an engaged group full of friendly roofers. How has everyone's year been?

My name is Joe Damon and I'm with http://www.walnutcreekroofingexperts.com/ - we service Walnut Creek, the East Bay, and the North Bay. Our personal favorite way of giving new life to older residential or commercial buildings is providing tear off services and installing new roofing shingles on top.

Well, that's just a little tid bit about me and my roofing company. Looking forward to hooking up with all of you.

Also please feel free to connect with us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/WalnutCreekRoofingExperts/

Thanks!!

Hi Joe,

Most of the group members are roof CLEANERS, not replacers.

Welcome to the group, we can always all learn from and support  each other.

Hello Everyone, 

I am Joe Davis from Chesterfield, Virginia. I own a window cleaning and pressure washing company, River City Window Cleaning. This is my 4th season in business and I have been wanting to add roof cleaning for the past year or two. I have been doing my research for quite a while and am ready to set up a system for roofs and wood restoration work. I really appreciate all the information here and the great attitude of all involved. Thanks so much.

Joe

Hello Everyone, 

I am Joe Davis from Chesterfield, Virginia. I own a window cleaning and pressure washing company, River City Window Cleaning. This is my 4th season in business and I have been wanting to add roof cleaning for the past year or two. I have been doing my research for quite a while and am ready to set up a system for roofs and wood restoration work. I really appreciate all the information here and the great attitude of all involved. Thanks so much.

Joe

Welcome Joe Davis! More people have learned how to clean roofs here at the RCIA then all the other forums combined! If you are looking for good solid roof cleaning advice.  w/o all the politics, you are in the right place. 

My name is Jeff Mathieson, own Tartan Window Cleaning, naturally the roof, siding, deck cleaning is a natural next step to provide my client base. I operate on Vancouver Island Canada. Steep learning curve, nothing is as easy as it seems.  Trying to digest the mass of information before I pester anyone with questions.  Although when new circumstances hit it is nice to have the support in a relatively short time frame.  Love the content.

My name is Jeff Mathieson, own Tartan Window Cleaning, naturally the roof, siding, deck cleaning is a natural next step to provide my client base. I operate on Vancouver Island Canada. Steep learning curve, nothing is as easy as it seems.  Trying to digest the mass of information before I pester anyone with questions.  Although when new circumstances hit it is nice to have the support in a relatively short time frame.  Love the content.

Welcome Jeff! We always suggest that you read, read, and then read some more , both  here, and at our old forum. Then, if you have any questions, post them on this forum, and if that dont get you an answer, call me at 813 407 1097 7 days a week.  Remember, there are no stupid questions, the only stupid question is the one you dont ask, that could have kept you from messing up. 

Hello everyone,

My name is Jeremy Voshall. I am from the Dayton, Ohio area. 

I have been an aerospace balancing tech for the past ten years. However for about the past three years I have been researching different busines startups, and have settled on a roof and exterior softwash cleaning company.

I will be purchasing the equipment to build a air powered softwash system, and getting all the legal aspects handled over the winter months, so I can launch the company ( still can't decide on a name) in the spring of next year.

As I have a family to support, this will initially be a part time operation. However it will be a professionally ran company, with the intent of becoming the sole sorce of income for my family within one no more than two years. 

I will be joining the premium member ship very soon, and have spent a lot of time researching on this forum and other sources on the net, so I don't have many question as of now, that I don't expect to be answered in the premium side of the forum. 

Just wanted to introduce myself, and see if there are any roof cleaners close by, as there are a lot( and I mean A LOT) of stained roofs in the area and I have never seen anyone cleaning a roof around here.

Thanks for all the info this far, and hope to get to know you all better in the near future.

Jeremy Voshall

Hello everyone,

My name is Jeremy Voshall. I am from the Dayton, Ohio area. 

Welcome Jeremy, I have been to Dayton several times in the past, and noticed all the filthy roofs up there. I went to HARA Arena I think it is called, for a Ham Radio Event. 

Welcome Jeremy, I have been to Dayton several times in the past, and noticed all the filthy roofs up there. I went to HARA Arena I think it is called, for a Ham Radio Event. 

They recently closed the arena, but yeah it was the Hara. I use to be a member of the rescue squad that did the medical services for Ham-vention. Small world. Thanks for the welcome, as I said before I have been around for a while reading everything I have access to.

They recently closed the arena, but yeah it was the Hara. I use to be a member of the rescue squad that did the medical services for Ham-vention. Small world. Thanks for the welcome, as I said before I have been around for a while reading everything I have access to.

How Cool !  I can also remember when they had Wrestling there, if you want to call it that :) Dayton Ohio is still the unofficial capitol of the Ham Radio World, even with HARA closing. To a Ham like me, Dayton  is like Mecca is to a Muslim.  Ajust as every Muslim wants to make a pilgrimage to Mecca as often as possible, it is the goal of every Ham worldwide to say they have been to the Dayton Hamfest! 

How Cool !  I can also remember when they had Wrestling there, if you want to call it that :) Dayton Ohio is still the unofficial capitol of the Ham Radio World, even with HARA closing. To a Ham like me, Dayton  is like Mecca is to a Muslim.  Ajust as every Muslim wants to make a pilgrimage to Mecca as often as possible, it is the goal of every Ham worldwide to say they have been to the Dayton Hamfest! 

I'm sure that it will continue, an event that huge, one arena closing down shouldn't hurt anything.

New guy here - just starting out in the biz and have a lot to learn. We've done decks, patios and other simple residential jobs but are just now getting into roofs. I look forward to learning and listening in. Thanks!  http://http://www.oviedopowerwashing.com/

Welcome Jeremy! 

Hello everyone! Just (finally - thanks, Chris) joined today!

We're a roofing company in Baton Rouge, LA that recently picked up roof cleaning in March. Unfortunately, we fell into the "expensive, shiny" trap - and bought a new rig  

Right now, we're using 12.5% SH & a surfactant:

We're mixing 20 gal chlorine with 30 gal of water & 48 oz. of this sticky^

I don't know all the fancy terms that are used in roof cleaning, I'm more of an assistant - but SOMETHING we're doing isn't right...and I'm determined to figure it out! Any help is much appreciated & I'm very excited to be here. :)