Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

I want to welcome any new members to the Non Pressure Roof Cleaning Training Forum of the RCIA. Please,  post here in this thread, so we can get to know you.

Introduce yourself, say where you are from,  what you currently do, and how we may help you.

Remember, the only "stupid roof cleaning question" is the one you don't ask!

I want to welcome any new members to the Non Pressure Roof Cleaning Training Forum of the RCIA. Please,  post here in this thread, so we can get to know you.

Introduce yourself, say where you are from,  what you currently do, and how we may help you.

Remember, the only "stupid roof cleaning question" is the one you don't ask!

Hello everyone. I'm Greg "Smitty" Smith, Pres. of Smitty's Home Services, and thanks for the warm welcome! You may occasionally be hearing from my VP/Partner, Kimberly at times as she is the one that usually does this sort of stuff (I'm not as puter literate as she is) but, I am so glad we found y'all.

We are both from the great sunny state of Florida-she was born and raised here, and I was moved here when I was just in gradeschool. So, we are definately Florida Crackers! lol

We took over my father's business upon his demise however, I worked along side him for many, many years. I learned a lot from him but I'm willing to bet I will be learning a lot from all of you on the ways of non pressure roof cleaning. He would probably ask "what the heck is non pressure washing son?!" lol 

The first question I have for the Forum is how do I create a signature for myself? I see that you all have created them. Then, I have much more questions to follow on pumps, flow, and ratios of chemicals used....

Hello everyone. I'm Greg "Smitty" Smith, Pres. of Smitty's Home Services, and thanks for the warm welcome! You may occasionally be hearing from my VP/Partner, Kimberly at times as she is the one that usually does this sort of stuff (I'm not as puter literate as she is) but, I am so glad we found y'all.

We are both from the great sunny state of Florida-she was born and raised here, and I was moved here when I was just in gradeschool. So, we are definately Florida Crackers! lol

We took over my father's business upon his demise however, I worked along side him for many, many years. I learned a lot from him but I'm willing to bet I will be learning a lot from all of you on the ways of non pressure roof cleaning. He would probably ask "what the heck is non pressure washing son?!" lol 

The first question I have for the Forum is how do I create a signature for myself? I see that you all have created them. Then, I have much more questions to follow on pumps, flow, and ratios of chemicals used....

I would like to add that when I was first taught to clean a roof (back in the 80's) the guy who taught me used a pressure cleaner. I knew it wasn't right but, it took me forever to change to the non pressure system of roof cleaning. Change is sometimes hard for me, even when I know it's the right way...I am now seeing some, so called roof cleaners, using a floor scrubber on these tile roofs-WRONG!!

In your profile settings there is a signature link you click, and it will take you to the signature editor. Then, all you do is type out a signature.

In your profile settings there is a signature link you click, and it will take you to the signature editor. Then, all you do is type out a signature.

Thanks for the info. I did it! I'll probably tweek it later-gotta get to work! lol

Hello everyone, My name is Dan and I have owned and operated a seamless gutter business in Northern Michigan for 12 years now. About 2 years ago I started a commercial pressure washing service, and have turned down cleaning roofs, because I new that using the washer was not the proper method.  I have since purchased the correct equipment for the job, but I am in need of some help to learn the mixology of the correct chemicals. If someone could help with me get the correct path, I would be most appreciative!! Thank- you

Hello evreyone, my name is Keith. I have been doing pressure washing for 6 years. I am currious about roof washing. Every year I get a few calls about doing it and refer them out. Now I want to learn about roof washing to make a decision if this is a service I want to offer.

Hello Everyone, I am Doug Rucker and own and operate Clean and Green Solutions out of Houston Texas.  We offer Soft Wash Exterior Roof and Cleaning Services to the entire Houston Texas area.  It's great to be a member here at the RCIA.  Thanks so much for having me.

Welcome everyone. Great to have you here. Take the time to read and learn, and ask questions. Dan, where in MI are you ?  I am in Grand Rapids

Hello Everyone, I am Doug Rucker and own and operate Clean and Green Solutions out of Houston Texas.  We offer Soft Wash Exterior Roof and Cleaning Services to the entire Houston Texas area.  It's great to be a member here at the RCIA.  Thanks so much for having me.

Hello evreyone, my name is Keith. I have been doing pressure washing for 6 years. I am currious about roof washing. Every year I get a few calls about doing it and refer them out. Now I want to learn about roof washing to make a decision if this is a service I want to offer.

Welcome Doug and K2 !

Well, I see you have a Signature Smitty! That is very very important, since this is a page rank 3 non pressure roof cleaning forum, and I have set the forum to Follow Links, to pass link juice to our members.

We will all do our best to answer any question you might have about anything related to running a roof cleaning business.

Welcome Aboard!

My name is Jeff Thompson and I have been washing now for three years now up here in Michigan. Have my own rig and am insured.

Looking at going hard into roof washing this season. Have done about 7
roofs so far, not a lot, but enough to get my feet wet. Dropping wood
all together and looking to replace it with roofs.

I've spent all weekend reading the different forums. One problem is the posts
 on some of these forums are so old that I want to make sure that even posts from 6 years ago
basically still hold true today so I am not chasing my tail.

More specifically I was torn between being a bleacher or not a bleacher.
But when 95% of the voices on the boards swear by bleach you have to go
with the numbers. I am looking to build my roofing cleaning business
using the proven methods of using SH.

I can get 12.5 at a pool supply or at a Univar location close by, so I
am set there. At this point I will be a rinser because I don't feel
comfortable leaving chemicals sitting on shingles, plus when I am done I
want the job to be finished. We don't have the afternoon rains like some of you
do in Florida. It might not rain good for a month up here sometimes,
delaying the final results of the job.

My biggest concern with this method is what my run off will do to the
lawn. Will my solution be so diluted with the rinsing all I need to do
is flood the area around the downspouts before and after and I should be
good to go? What if I sprayed today and rinsed tomorrow....would
letting the solution dry then rinse be more gentle on the grass?

I am a one man show so I won't have a ground guy but figured I could set
up a sprinkler system to keep the plants and house wet. Your thoughts?

The range of mixes for different contractors is all over the place. What
is the least ratio and the most ratio of bleach to water do you
recommend? Is there a tipping point where to much SH will do damage to
the shingles? I'm just looking for the min and max's for SH if that is a
logical question.

I am going to get with Bob at Pressure Tek and get set up with one of
his roof systems later this week.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and guidance.

Can't for the life of me find the signature link...where is it??

Jeff Thompson - Plymouth Pro Wash

734-446-7029
info@plymouthprowash.com
www.plymouthprowash.com

My name is Jeff Thompson and I have been washing now for three years now up here in Michigan. Have my own rig and am insured.

Looking at going hard into roof washing this season. Have done about 7

roofs so far, not a lot, but enough to get my feet wet. Dropping wood

all together and looking to replace it with roofs.

I've spent all weekend reading the different forums. One problem is the posts

on some of these forums are so old that I want to make sure that even posts from 6 years ago

basically still hold true today so I am not chasing my tail.

More specifically I was torn between being a bleacher or not a bleacher.

But when 95% of the voices on the boards swear by bleach you have to go

with the numbers. I am looking to build my roofing cleaning business

using the proven methods of using SH.

I can get 12.5 at a pool supply or at a Univar location close by, so I

am set there. At this point I will be a rinser because I don't feel

comfortable leaving chemicals sitting on shingles, plus when I am done I

want the job to be finished. We don't have the afternoon rains like some of you

do in Florida. It might not rain good for a month up here sometimes,

delaying the final results of the job.

My biggest concern with this method is what my run off will do to the

lawn. Will my solution be so diluted with the rinsing all I need to do

is flood the area around the downspouts before and after and I should be

good to go? What if I sprayed today and rinsed tomorrow....would

letting the solution dry then rinse be more gentle on the grass?

I am a one man show so I won't have a ground guy but figured I could set

up a sprinkler system to keep the plants and house wet. Your thoughts?

The range of mixes for different contractors is all over the place. What

is the least ratio and the most ratio of bleach to water do you

recommend? Is there a tipping point where to much SH will do damage to

the shingles? I'm just looking for the min and max's for SH if that is a

logical question.

I am going to get with Bob at Pressure Tek and get set up with one of

his roof systems later this week.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and guidance.

Can't for the life of me find the signature link...where is it??

Jeff Thompson - Plymouth Pro Wash

734-446-7029

info@plymouthprowash.com

www.plymouthprowash.com

I had the signature problem when I first joined on at RCIA, and this is what direction was given to me by Chris of Apple Roof Cleaning: Go to your profile settings and you will find a signature link, and when you click on it-it will take you to the signature editor. Then, all you have to do is type out your signature. Hope that helps you as much as it helped me! Welcome aboard, Jeff.

Hey Guys, my name is mike. I am looking to dive into roof cleaning. need some guidance on how to clean, what to buy, how to set up a small business. i saw this book on a different website roofcleaningbook.com and wasnt sure if it was worth paying 265$ for. Before I start cleaning I want to make sure I know how to clean a roof using all the correct products. 

Guest A to Z Roof Cleaning

Don't bother with that book, lol.

You have found the right place to learn the ropes! Feel free to email me and I'll help you out. The first thing I'll recommend is to become a member here!

Hey Guys, my name is mike. I am looking to dive into roof cleaning. need some guidance on how to clean, what to buy, how to set up a small business. i saw this book on a different website roofcleaningbook.com and wasnt sure if it was worth paying 265$ for. Before I start cleaning I want to make sure I know how to clean a roof using all the correct products. 

Forget that Book! Your membership here will also give you access to the best roof cleaning forum there is at http://roof-cleaning-institute.activeboard.com/

My name is Adam Smith, I am here on the East Coast of Florida. Have been in the window cleaning business for the past 5 years and was continually asked to do pressure cleaning work. About a year ago, I started saying yes and am now seeing more requests for roof cleaning. I have pressure cleaned a few, but would like to learn more about the non pressure method. Looking forward to learning what the RCIA has to offer!

My name is Adam Smith, I am here on the East Coast of Florida. Have been in the window cleaning business for the past 5 years and was continually asked to do pressure cleaning work. About a year ago, I started saying yes and am now seeing more requests for roof cleaning. I have pressure cleaned a few, but would like to learn more about the non pressure method. Looking forward to learning what the RCIA has to offer!

Welcome Adam, post any questions you have, and we will be glad to help you. I am over in Tampa.

Forget that Book! Your membership here will also give you access to the best roof cleaning forum there is at http://roof-cleaning-institute.activeboard.com/

im sort of looking for a step by step introduction to the entire process in order to be as successful as i can be. What will the premium membership here help someone who hasnt even cleaned a roof before?