Basic Roof Cleaning System, Tanks, Plumbing, etc. Layout Drawings and Pictures.

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok. Thanks for the help Kevin!

Posted

I am trying to order the supplies needed to build out a(vented) system in an enclosed trailer.  I was having a hard time finding where to purchase the valves, couldn't find the correct part numbers etc.  I purchased a pump from Kevin and when I spoke with him this morning, he recommended a couple of places where I might find what I needed (thanks for the help Kevin).  Below is a parts list of two & three way valves, check valves, bulkheads etc. along with the part numbers that I found at usplastics.com.  Even though you can't tell it from the descriptions below, all the valves are PVC and have FPM O-rings and PTFE seats.  I would appreciate a review of these materials and any suggestions are appreciated.  If everything looks good then maybe the list will be helpful to someone else in the future.

The only thing I couldn't find was a three way PVC vented valve (recommended by Kevin)...

usplastic.com.thumb.png.9c8779232818b6dc  

Thanks

Kyle

Try Spears. That is the vented 3 way we use on our rigs. 

Posted

How much mix are you guys using per house? say a 3000 SQ ft house, average. I have a 50 gallon tank mounted in the back of my truck. I do not do that many roofs, I have been pressure washing the roofs I get. Basically I am wondering if It takes more than 50 gallons of mix to clean a average barrel tile roof.  I have the option to take the tank back to get 100 gallon but really didnt want to take up that much room in the back of my truck if not needed. 

Posted

How much mix are you guys using per house? say a 3000 SQ ft house, average. I have a 50 gallon tank mounted in the back of my truck. I do not do that many roofs, I have been pressure washing the roofs I get. Basically I am wondering if It takes more than 50 gallons of mix to clean a average barrel tile roof.  I have the option to take the tank back to get 100 gallon but really didnt want to take up that much room in the back of my truck if not needed. 

It can easily take more then 50 gallons. A 50 gallon tank is just not big enough to be in the roof cleaning business, unless all u do are little ass shingle roofs

Posted

Thanks Chris, I got the 100 gallon today. hopefully that will get me through till I can get a trailer or flat bed. then I will go bigger. 

Good for you! 

Posted

I got everything set up including my battery box with pump and mini computer fan all hooked up working good with switch. getting all the rightparts for this set up is a pain. Now Im ready to clean my own roofs. 

20161118_160015 (1).jpg

Posted

Looks good

Posted

I got everything set up including my battery box with pump and mini computer fan all hooked up working good with switch. getting all the rightparts for this set up is a pain. Now Im ready to clean my own roofs. 

20161118_160015 (1).jpg

Might I suggest sealing those electrical connections or moving them inside the box?