Tamko, Certainteed, GAF Roofing, Owens Corning, Elk, and other shingle roofing manufacturers make these algae and mildew resistant shingles. They have guarantees on them not to get dirty.

My company gets a considerable amount of work by cleaning these shingles with our safe, non pressure system.

We cleaned a roof last year that had "mildew resistant" shingles. The HO notified the shingle manufacturer of the problem. The manufacturer stated they would reimburse the HO up to a certain amount. The HO paid us for the job, sent the invoice to the manufacturer and they sent a check back to the HO. Sweat... However there is a catch. The HO must have a copy of the shingle warranty or proof of purchase. Most owners either don't get a copy or the contractor that built the house or last replaced the roof doesn't give that to the HO. Then five to seven years later when the black streaks begin to appear, a warranty or proof of purchase is no where to be found and the HO has to flip the bill.

We cleaned a roof last year that had "mildew resistant" shingles. The HO notified the shingle manufacturer of the problem. The manufacturer stated they would reimburse the HO up to a certain amount. The HO paid us for the job, sent the invoice to the manufacturer and they sent a check back to the HO. Sweat... However there is a catch. The HO must have a copy of the shingle warranty or proof of purchase. Most owners either don't get a copy or the contractor that built the house or last replaced the roof doesn't give that to the HO. Then five to seven years later when the black streaks begin to appear, a warranty or proof of purchase is no where to be found and the HO has to flip the bill.

Some Roofing Manufacturers ask that the homeowner pull a shingle off the roof and send it in, to prove the roof is dirty.

Just bid one yesterday, waiting to hear back. There is more to come..

Good luck with it Mike. Keep us informed. We should look into having a section for this, it will show that RCIA is a leader in the industry and were on top of these warranty claims.

That's why I love this place. I just got a call to clean these Owens Corning shingles, and thought I would do my homework to make sure I knew what I was going to deal with. I recently did an asphalt shingle roof cleaning that was paid for by the insurance company for the customer. He submitted our bid, got a check, and then had us do it. 

I know this is an old post, but I've been wondering about the AR shingles. I sold them up until 2009 when I left the roofing business.  We were ELK (now GAF) contractors.  The ELK shingles came with 7 year "stainguard guarantee" but I could charge the homeowner and extra amount to extend the stain warranty to 12 years.   The shingles were the same, just an extra $150 got them 5 more years of no stains (haha).   At them time they were AR on all the dimensional shingles except for black. 

I think this thread answered my questions, but brought up another.  How did you get the work from the shingle manufacturer?  Did they contact you after the homeowner filed a claim or did you have a previous agreement with the manufacturer?

Contact the different manu. and provide your contact info for your area. inform them you are qualified to perform warrant cleaning if needed.