TOP 12 REASONS TO CLEAN AND MAINTAIN YOUR ROOF
NUMBER ONE - MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
ROOF CLEANING EQUALS INCREASED PROPERTY VALUE
Homeowners have one big question on their mind when the time comes to place their home on the market â€“ how much is my property worth? For years realtors have emphasized the phrase â€œcurb appealâ€ as an extremely important part of getting top dollar for your home. Too many times homeowners see the importance of a clean and attractive interior, but fail to understand that the same applies to the exterior.
What is the first thing that a potential buyer sees when they are looking at your home while house shopping? Believe it or not many people will notice the condition of the roof before anything else. If your roof looks dirty, the potential buyer will assume that it might need to be replaced.
The first impression of the exterior of a clean and well maintained home will go a long way toward helping that potential buyer not only want to buy your home, but more importantly, make an offer that is closer to the asking price.
A buyerâ€™s biggest fear is the thought of having to spend a huge amount of money on a home after it is purchased. Since a new roof is one of the largest expenses to improving a home, your potential buyer may not buy your home based on fear of how much it will cost to replace the roof. The sad fact for both the seller and the buyer is â€“ it may not even need to be replaced.
Here is a list of twelve reasons why cleaning your roof will put money in your pocket, regardless if you are selling your home, just want to improve your property value, save money on homeownersâ€™ insurance costs, or save on costly repairs.
1. Clean and attractive homes have higher property value.
2. Proper maintenance on the exterior will tell buyers that your home is well maintained on the interior as well.
3. If the exterior is not clean, they may never go inside.
4. Your starting list price is at the high end of property values for your area, not the low end.
5. Offers will be higher due to lack of fear of cost to improve once purchased.
6. Higher starting price means higher sales price.
7. If the property is well maintained and priced correctly to begin with there will be less, if any, â€œlow ballâ€ offers due to perceived improvement concerns.
8. A clean roof and well maintained home is money in your pocket. How much money? Letâ€™s say that replacement of your roof will cost $12,000.00. Letâ€™s say that you believe that you need a new roof (because it â€œlooks dirtyâ€), so your asking price reflects that and your starting price is lower due to that misconception. So you under price your home by $10,000.00. The offers begin to come in thousands less than the lower price you started with and the end result is an accepted price of $10,000.00 to $20,000.00 below market value â€“ only because you or your buyer thought the roof was in need of replacement.
9. Proper exterior maintenance can save you hundreds annually by reduced premiums on homeowners insurance. Actually, insurance companies are threatening cancellation due to improper exterior maintenance that includes keeping the roof clear of algae. Insurance companies know that a roof that is not well maintained can potentially cost them thousands in repairs. A smart buyer will know this, too.
10. Roof cleaning is a great return on investment. If you can spend a very small percentage of the cost of a new roof to increase the value of your home by potentially $10,000.00 to $20,000.00 (in the example given above) â€“ why wouldnâ€™t you? Itâ€™s money in your pocket!
11. Youâ€™ve heard that proper maintenance of a new car will improve the performance, extend the life of your car, and save you money. The same is true with your roof. If you maintain your roof, it should last longer and save you money. The cost for maintaining your roof is a fraction of the cost to replace, just as maintaining your car.
12. Youâ€™ve spent thousands of dollars on improving that kitchen and bathroom. But if no one sees it because of the first impression of the exterior, or offers less due to a dirty looking roof, those thousands may not have been the best return on investment.
Let SRC Roof Cleaning Division show you how you can improve your propertyâ€™s value and appearance while saving you thousands. This is not like purchasing a stock in the stock market. You donâ€™t have to wait for years for the stock price to go up to realize your investment paid off. This is more like winning the lottery â€“ you invest to have your roof cleaned and the effect is almost immediate. There arenâ€™t many investments that have such an instant return.
Contact SRC Roof Cleaning Division today